MOTM Poll Rangers v Hibernian - 15:00 Sunday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really want us to treat this like an Old Firm match and for the support to do the same… 100% committed from start to finish. No quarter asked, no quarter given. This will be close and we do not need to give the opposition an inch on or off the park. WATP

I liked Wright up beside Morelos in the 2nd half v Alashkert, think it's a pairing with real potential.

Plus Sakala ran himself into the ground 2 nights ago and Wright should be raring to go after being dropped lately.

All about opinion though, and the Gaffer never agrees with me anyway.
The form of individual players is such that I would argue very little with most team selections. For example when another guy picked Roofe and I said I'd prefer Sakala, but I wouldnt moan if the gaffer went the other way.

The only one's I think are stick ons or the gaffer would be mad not to start are

Tav at right back
Balogun at CB
Goldson if fit at CB. Simpson if not
Lundstram at CM
Kamara at CM
Alfie up front

Every thing else is pretty much up for grabs. I'd go Shagger in goals but the difference between him and JM for a home league game that isnt them is negligible imo.

And I take your point re: Sakala's freshness for this one. I would go front 3 of Aribo, Alfie, Sakala. But very few have nailed down a place right now and I wouldnt be perturbed if the gaffer threw Wright back in. Aside from Alfie there's no one I think is a stick on to start in the front 3 this weekend, no one has played in such a way to demand a shirt. Arguably neither has Alfie, but given he was kept in reserve midweek I think we all know he's 100% playing tomorrow.

I have a feeling we'll raise our game for this and fire in a comfortable 3 nil win.

Think I'm basing this on the law of averages more than anything else.

Come out fighting and leave a marker on the game.
An improved performance would be good to see, but the main thing is getting the 3 points and going back to the top of the league, where we belong. Let's go.

Don't care about performance. Just get it won Rangers.

Don't care how much we win by. Just get it won Rangers

Don't care who scores. Just get it won Rangers.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for a good performance here. 2-0 Rangers. Alfie and Aribo.

I really really detest that shitty little bunch of cheats from Leith. Get them done and dusted by half-time tomorrow, Rangers. A full-on thrashing in the second-half would be luvverly.

pcMkNUy.png

>>CLICK HERE FOR HELP WITH RANGERSTV<<

DISCUSSION OF ILLEGAL STREAMING WILL RESULT IN A BAN
JUST WIN !

Right now I’ll be happy with 3 points whatever way we get them and no injuries.

Although if the tims were to drop points beforehand I think that’ll maybe galvanise us into producing a big performance and a comfortable win

Can't believe there's folk sweating it over hibs. F*ck them, we are rangers.
That’s exactly the entitled attitude that the our support adopts at home that can cost us valuable points… when if the expected score line doesn’t manifest before half time and idiots start howling abuse at the team… fuelling belief in the opposition (who come to get this very reaction and put pressure on us). The manager works like f..k to avoid complacency. Really don’t understand why you are promoting it?

That’s exactly the entitled attitude that the our support adopts at home that can cost us valuable points… when if the expected score line doesn’t manifest before half time and idiots start howling abuse at the team… fuelling belief in the opposition (who come to get this very reaction and put pressure on us). The manager works like f..k to avoid complacency. Really don’t understand why you are promoting it?
As long as the players are focused that's all I care about. The fans are different

Actually got the butterflies for this match, nae messin aboot, intae them fae the first whistle,and nae drop of in intensity after we score the first,Cmon the Rangers.!!!

You are making a lot of leaps of faith and false narratives that have no basis in the real world

I’ve given up hope the team is going to hit some sort of switch and lift their game, an incremental improvement as players come back from injury looks more likely. Gut feeling is a draw tomorrow but I’ll go for an optimistic 2-1 win.

The form of individual players is such that I would argue very little with most team selections. For example when another guy picked Roofe and I said I'd prefer Sakala, but I wouldnt moan if the gaffer went the other way.

The only one's I think are stick ons or the gaffer would be mad not to start are

Tav at right back
Balogun at CB
Goldson if fit at CB. Simpson if not
Lundstram at CM
Kamara at CM
Alfie up front

Every thing else is pretty much up for grabs. I'd go Shagger in goals but the difference between him and JM for a home league game that isnt them is negligible imo.

And I take your point re: Sakala's freshness for this one. I would go front 3 of Aribo, Alfie, Sakala. But very few have nailed down a place right now and I wouldnt be perturbed if the gaffer threw Wright back in. Aside from Alfie there's no one I think is a stick on to start in the front 3 this weekend, no one has played in such a way to demand a shirt. Arguably neither has Alfie, but given he was kept in reserve midweek I think we all know he's 100% playing tomorrow.
Cant argue with any of that. It would be harsh to drop Shagger after some saves he made on Thursday but Jon is miles better kicking and “sweeping” if we are pushing forwards. Could be argued he is better at coming off his line of crossed come in. Shagger is still our #1 but I think we have succession planning in place.

I’ve given up hope the team is going to hit some sort of switch and lift their game, an incremental improvement as players come back from injury looks more likely. Gut feeling is a draw tomorrow but I’ll go for an optimistic 2-1 win.
You’re right there is no fabled “ switch “ there never has been in football. We are going to have to grind until we gradually recover our game . Win tomorrow is what’s needed , by hook or by crook

I'd like to think we could see an entertaining performance "while winning" instead of eeking out a win with a miserable performance.
The team has been playing slow, boring football, for the mostpart this season. it's time they gave us an inspiring, fast pace game winning performance that they're more than capable of giving.

Leaps of faith maybe… but not sure about the false narratives?
“the entitled attitude that the our support adopts at home that can cost us valuable points… when if the expected score line doesn’t manifest before half time and idiots start howling abuse at the team”

This.

If FF is any representation of the support, there is no evidence that the fans who are most bullish before games are the ones who can’t control their emotions during the game.

Guys like myself, or for example @WinkieWATP seem to be able to accept good results and poor result without losing our shit

Its a way the negative nancies on here try and shout down those who show some positivity. “Oh, you can’t be positive before the game because then you’ll get angry and shout abuse at the team during the game. Your positivity pre match will lead to negativity at the match”.

it’s a false narrative people use to try and have others conform to the behaviour they want

Positivity pre match does not equate to negativity when things don’t go our way. It’s a lazy connection people love to make on here.

I'd like to think we could see an entertaining performance "while winning" instead of eeking out a win with a miserable performance.
The team has been playing slow, boring football, for the mostpart this season. it's time they gave us an inspiring, fast pace game winning performance that they're more than capable of giving.
Totally agree watching us this season is like watching a team who quite obviously can play good possession football with a lot of quality in the team but are now old and past it and the speed and tempo isn't there anymore. We keep waiting every week and every game for this to change but it isn't happening. Maybe tommorow is the day to kick-start it all off.

Bad juju isn’t real, neither is the Easter bunny, Father Christmas or a reasonable tim
Bad juju isn’t real, neither is the Easter bunny, Father Christmas or a reasonable tim
I assume we are both Rangers supporters…not sure what bad juju is…never believed in the Easter bunny…but still have some faith in old guys with white beards who want to celebrate Jesus birthday. Other than that, struggling to understand your rebuttal?

I assume we are both Rangers supporters…not sure what bad juju is…never believed in the Easter bunny…but still have some faith in old guys with white beards who want to celebrate Jesus birthday. Other than that, struggling to understand your rebuttal?
What fans post on FF has zero impact on the score on the field. If you’re not 7 and don’t believe in saint Nic, you shouldn’t need anyone to explain that for you.

What fans post on FF has zero impact on the score on the field. If you’re not 7 and don’t believe in saint Nic, you shouldn’t need anyone to explain that for you.
I agree. But no need to make it personal, just because I still believe in Santa. Like you I was just voicing my opinions on the behaviours I would like to see from our players and fans tomorrow. Apologies for any offence caused.

I agree. But no need to make it personal, just because I still believe in Santa. Like you I was just voicing my opinions on the behaviours I would like to see from our players and fans tomorrow. Apologies for any offence caused.
I don't like that argument that people use to shout down anyone who isn't negative though

"Oh, you shouldn't be positive before the game because then you are the one who can't control your emotions during the game"

I would argue the opposite appears to be true

If you don't want people to challenge your posts, don't make sweeping, baseless generalisations against people who don't hold your view

I don't know why being negative is the go to "staunch" view. But not all of us want to hate every second of being a football fan. Dont project your fears on to others

Jermain Defoe to score feeling?

I wonder how far we are from using JD. We’re not scoring.

Judging by his Instagram today, he’s trying to keep sharp and is netting in training.

It’s a big game. A win and we can rest a little easier, knowing that our early season form is a stutter and we’ll come out of it. A defeat and bigger questions are posed.

Can’t decide on my team. I’m wondering if there is a start for Wright, for example.

Back