MOTM Poll Rangers v Hibernian - 20:00 Thursday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hard earned win tonight. Hard earned for the team and also for us - it was fcuking freeeeeeeezing!!
My feet are just thawing out now.

Tillman my mom, followed by Devine. Thought both were excellent. Re Devine - I would not be worried at all now by injuries to Barisic/Yilmaz . I gather he can play right back as well so that's excellent cover for Tav as well if true.

First half tonight was poor. The defence was shocking again. But they sorted it out second half and we were reasonably comfortable winners in the end.

That's certainly one way of looking at it. In my eyes, we were poor first half but looked like the proper Rangers second half. Absolutely battered them, playing through them, gave them nothing. Pressed them into mistakes time and time again. We were playing two CMs and two RBs in our back 4 tonight.

If we get key players back fit and firing and play like we did in the second half going forward, we'll do just fine under Mick Beale.
No that's not the problem we need quicker players we are slow in defence slow in the middle and slow upfront.
We will only improve when we improve those positions till then we will struggle against teams that go at us.

Hard earned win tonight. Hard earned for the team and also for us - it was fcuking freeeeeeeezing!!

Tillman my mom, followed by Devine. Thought both were excellent. Re Devine - I would not be worried at all now by injuries to Barisic/Yilmaz . I gather he can play right back as well so that's excellent cover for Tav as well if true.

First half tonight was poor. The defence was shocking again. But they sorted it out second half and we were reasonably comfortable winners in the end.
He is a natural right back, he was playing out of position on the left. But you are spot on, he applied himself to his task very well for a rookie. He looks a great prospect.

One of the few on here who remained just about on the positive side going in 1-2 down. Considering we were without 2 CB’s I reckoned we were doing ok. What a surprise. Que? We continue with the same team, go three at the back and push forward. Tillman went from zero to motm for FF’ers and lo and behold we take all 3 points. Not a bad display for a make-shift team. I could see first half what Beale was trying to do. To change the structure and mind-set promises change for the better round the corner.

Impressed with Devine.
Sands mystifies me. Is there a player there ?
Lundstrom inconsistent.
Shagger had a cracking save but beginning to show his age
Tav....still too easy for wingers to get by him.
Scott Wright.... Not Wright !
Tend to agree with all that you say.
I hadn’t been all that impressed by Devine when I’d seen him but last night he was very good, and on his “wrong” side as well.

Sands might find a career as a sitting/defensive midfielder but he will never make it as a centre back - we can wave cheerio to clean sheets when he plays there. No way on earth I’d pay £4-5m for him.

Tav provided a significant contribution in both goals, but important as that was he was dreadful outside of that.

Wright is nowhere near the standard required to play for us & for as long as he gets game time it’s a demonstration of the weakness of our squad.

The problem was though, that game and the season could and should have been gone in there 1st half. We must improve vastly next game or its gone.

Nice touch from the Club to let Gio and the boys have the first 45 minutes!
We need actual defenders back asap.
Devine a positive, great overlapping on Kent, always an outlet and gets closer to the box for a variation of balls into box, not just hit and hopes from further out.
Tillman showed what he is capable of again, and we looked much better playing through the lines second half, still the old side to side first half.

Jack alluded to MB "calming us down" at half time so signs of the manager's influence on the vast improvement in the second half. Also very encouraging from Tillman, Kamara and Kent - even a hint of some long overdue swagger after the chaos of the first half...
That makes a bit of sense. The players looked more relaxed in the second half and our passages of play improved.

Did Beale change the Centre Half’s round at half time, Sands from right to left and Lundstram vice versa?
I think this helped us look more solid in the 2nd half.

Some amount of bears and ST holders patching the game tonight for really bizarre and innocuous reasons.

Just admit it’s freezing and you don’t fancy it instead of making stuff up B-D The official attendance will still be near 50k but I reckon we will get roughly 40k in the stadium for kickoff. Which is still a great crowd given it’s on sky
Like the train strike, and not being able to travel? That stopped me going.

Very happy with that performance. First choice centre backs would have likely made a massive difference. But JL & JS did very well as fill ins, overall. I thought RP ran off the back of JL for the first goal however.

Very impressed with the team's application when the manager swapped the formation a couple of times.
Aberdeen will be a bigger test, but I'm overall happy.

I'd love to go back through the match thread again ( if I had the time and patience) to read some of the crackpot comments.
Wanting Lundstram replaced after 20 minutes (who with ? Davies, a guy not fit enough to last 90 )
Tillman is not a player
Nothing has changed
Is FF the website for people who know nothing about football?
There would be a lot of disappointed FFers at time up.

It’s amazing how people see games and players so differently.

I thought Kent was outstanding and Tillman average at best, but there ya go

Impressed with Devine.
Sands mystifies me. Is there a player there ?
Lundstrom inconsistent.
Shagger had a cracking save but beginning to show his age
Tav....still too easy for wingers to get by him.
Scott Wright.... Not Wright !
I think Tav needs someone to push him, hopefully Devine can be that player.

For what it’s worth I think Tav has slowed down a little this season, injury the reason for it or not I think he is slower.

A huge 3 points last night, that keeps a glimmer of hope there.
1st & 2nd 45 minutes were like night & day. Beale obviously has his 1/2 time talks nailed, it was like a different team that came out.
Can only improve as players return from injury but defensively we're wide open. Hopefully something that's addressed come January.
Onwards & Upwards!!!

me personally once borna is back id give goldson the armband and put devine on the right until tav is fit enough he is the weak link in the defence regardless who is beside him yes he puts in the occasional good ball but he gets about 200 chances and about 5 hit the mark he needs to get fit

good team performance in the second half jack was my mom

I'd love to go back through the match thread again ( if I had the time and patience) to read some of the crackpot comments.
Wanting Lundstram replaced after 20 minutes (who with ? Davies, a guy not fit enough to last 90 )
Tillman is not a player
Nothing has changed
Is FF the website for people who know nothing about football?
There would be a lot of disappointed FFers at time up.

guy behind me "why is he playing Lundstram there"
i replied - "as there is nobody else fit, would you rather Morelos play there?"
he added "rather play a B team player"

First half was disappointing yesterday but having no central defenders certainly was never going to help our case. I have to say I was impressed by a lot of our play and it did look as though the intensity was coming back - given a couple of more games the team will just keep getting better. Getting some central defenders back, or in, would also be a massive help.

What I also liked is that Beale did show that he is capable of changing things for the better when required. It worked, we completely dominated them. Things will keep improving.

I think one of the problems for me last night, was going from having watched nearly two weeks of amazing World Cup action, played in a carnival atmosphere in the sunshine, to try and get excited about playing Hibs in dreary, drab Scotland, in sub zero temperatures, Not helped by a below par performance in the first half, however, On reflection, in the cold light of day, we should overall be happy with the result and the second half performance.

One other positive from tonight imo --
Devine is a more than adequate left=back at this level !

Was quite impressed at his willingness to get forwards and support and cross into the box.
Also at how quick he is to try and get a tackle in to an attacker that he's facing.

Interesting as to how Hibs seemed to fade as the second half went on (that last chance apart !!).
Could there already be an improvement in our stamina and fitness being shown by some players ?
As Tav has more experience I would have shifted him to left back & let young Devine play RB allowing him with more energy to bomb forward

Shame we didn't get 3 pts for this going

Going by McQueen on SSN
"Yahoos can go 12 clear"

Either that or they get 6pts for a win now

That's not the point that was being made mate. The op insinuated Kent wouldn't be playing, as he's away. He played Sat, and will continue to regardless.
aware of that and Kent seems to have upped his game since Beale became manager, which just proves he was not trying under GVB.
sell him ASAP, lazy and overpaid.
We need guys willing to run their heart out and fight for 90+ minutes not prima donnas!

Back