MOTM Poll Rangers v Hibernian - 20:00 Thursday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not sure if I was reading the game correctly but that seemed to be, there’s a plan, the plan’s not working, stick to the plan and it’ll work, and it did! Some good performances tonight, still struggling defensively but then without CBs we are going to struggle in defence. Magic Mick???

Good
- More player's in the box as we attack
- Faster passing all over the pitch
- Better pressing in groups
- Devine excellent
Bad
- Need CH's back
- Not convinced by Jack / Kamara - neither creative enough or good enough to shoot
The midfield was excellent in the second half. They won everything and moved the ball quickly.

I'd sign Tillman. 20 years old and will only get better.

Much better second half. Genuinely can't believe how much we improved from the first 45.
It’s an absolute no brainer that we sign him. He’s our best attacker.

A match winner at 20 years old with bags of technical ability, physically strong and quite adept in the air too.

His flaws are easily coachable, his level of skill isn’t.

That gets us through another game closer to getting our centre back returning. Had to get through that one. Hopefully we will start seeing our main players returning game by game and get stronger as we go on. 3 points is all that mattered there. Beale can go and reflect on where out difficulties lie. Mainly defending, defending corners and decision making in the final third.

Obviously delighted with 2nd half display but that 1 st half defensive display the stuff of nightmares.
As soon as we get Connor match fit will help and hopefully Davies will improve matters although long term still a ?.
However going into this match I was confident we would do the biz tonight and really concerned about Pittodrie and Dingwall given our poor away form this season.
I’m more concerned now.

What a refreshing interview from Beale there, no clichés, insightful, honest, saw what we see etc...
"The reality that hit me tonight is there's a lot of anxiety to get through, but the character of the team is good and we dominated in the second half and we deserved to win the game."

Pretty much sums up the manager’s honesty in the job he has repairing the team’s mentality and confidence.

I think anything regarding Porteous hasn’t been done yet. Sounds like his preference is another league which is fine by me.

I think it was more interesting Beale made an effort to immediately embrace Nisbet. I think Beale is a fan.

Not guys I’d expect us to be considering but I reckon both will be on the list as exploring further.
I wouldn't be against either for the right price. Both could be coached to be better players and then sold for more money. They'd both cover a bit of the homegrown aspect for euro squads too.

Credit where it's due. That must have been some half time talk. Light years better after the break and deserved another goal. Wonderful pass from Tav to set up the winner.

Nervy start, but we grew into that game. The quick movement and passing are back, as is the pressing of the opposition when they have the ball. Good to see Davies come on for the final five minutes. Devine did not look out of place. Really great to see and very encouraging for the future. Good start for Michael Beale.

I voted for Kamara for that second half. Maybe it was because he looked back to how he used to play. Always found a teammate and knew when to pass forward it back. Helped Devine out defensively by sitting in that left centre mid role.
Hard to tell after 1 game but Kent also had a great game, balance seemed really good having Kamara in there tonight

I thought from around 30 mins onwards we started to show some nice passing movements and in the second half it really started to show.

There was a moment in the second half where Tillman flicked it just by the post that swerved a goal for the build up play alone. It was superb.

That was a really poor showing we turned it up second half but players like Tillman need the game to slow down so they can get up to speed.

We still are carrying too many players and will get found out against better teams.

That was a really poor showing we turned it up second half but players like Tillman need the game to slow down so they can get up to speed.

We still are carrying too many players and will get found out against better teams.
That's certainly one way of looking at it. In my eyes, we were poor first half but looked like the proper Rangers second half. Absolutely battered them, playing through them, gave them nothing. Pressed them into mistakes time and time again. We were playing two CMs and two RBs in our back 4 tonight.

If we get key players back fit and firing and play like we did in the second half going forward, we'll do just fine under Mick Beale.

Poor first half from everyone, huge improvement in the second. I went for Devine as MOTM, really picked up in the second half and put a few good balls in to the box.

I am Kent’s biggest critic but that was much more like the Kent from the Europa run. Very pleasing to see.
Devine was great.
Tav was more like his former self.
Tillman is either outstanding or a lazy sod.

Lundstram in defence should never happen again. Ever

Under Gio that half time score wouldve been a loss

First half was largely a shambles with the same lack of effort through the team

2nd half was terrific
Some excellent passing moves

Walsh was a prick, gave them everything for the slightest touch and us very little

Porteous is a diving bastard
No 23 for them was a massive prick as well

Back