MOTM Poll Rangers v Hibernian - 20:00 Thursday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Get the %^*& in. Terrific second half performance.

We cannot play like that first half at Pittodrie or we could be in for a long night.

Rangers made defending look easy in the 2nd half by basically not allowing Hibs the ball, 1 shot on goal in the 2nd half or something

Alfie and Tillman seem to have a decent understanding starting to build

Kinda glad the way the game went tonight,, we went behind twice but we didn't let our heads go down, we didn't try to hang on to our lead, we kept pressing for another, we even scored from a corner, lost a goal from one as well, but the fight to the end is there, can only get better and I think under Beale this could be fortress Ibrox again. Forza Bears!!!

Forget Gio, he is gone. Lets concentrate on a great victory.

So what was different in the second half? We destroyed them, they never got a sniff.

Tillman showing his worth tonight.

BTW, I might be wrong, bit porteous is signing for us. No winding up the Rangers fans at his goal.
He did.

Some of the posts on this thread were an absolute shambles. Good result considering we had two cms at cb.

You can’t defend the goals we conceded, first especially. That’s nothing to do with a lack of CB’s but professionals not doing their job. You saw Beale’s reaction to it.

Am I reading too much into Ryan Jack's jokey exchange with Porteous at the end there?
I said the same mate. Plus I don’t think he was as much of a twat as he usually is. He seemed pretty tame tonight. There just might be something in the rumours. I didn’t see how Beale reacted with him though …

One other positive from tonight imo --
Devine is a more than adequate left=back at this level !

Was quite impressed at his willingness to get forwards and support and cross into the box.
Also at how quick he is to try and get a tackle in to an attacker that he's facing.

Interesting as to how Hibs seemed to fade as the second half went on (that last chance apart !!).
Could there already be an improvement in our stamina and fitness being shown by some players ?

Players wanting the ball and in pundit speak happy to express themselves.
Perfect naw. Better yes.
Movement night and day.
But some of the football 2nd half was really good.
Overall happy with that

Stuck at work, and managed a quick look at half time.

Fair few 19th Century Terrorist fuckers outing themselves.

To those who continually slaughter our own, but maintain they are actually Rangers supporters, games last 90 mins. Maybe try actually supporting us.

Think Beale had to remind them Gio wasn’t the manager anymore at half time to get the ball moving quicker and hunt the ball down out of possession.

I think Hibs ran themselves out a bit after 35 mins. They offered nothing end of first half and second half. We are capable of running teams into the ground in the SPL

You can’t defend the goals we conceded, first especially. That’s nothing to do with a lack of CB’s but professionals not doing their job. You saw Beale’s reaction to it.
Very true mate mate, the 1st was extremely poor. The 2nd was perhaps the luckiest deflected through ball I've ever seen.

Huge improvement second half, never gave them a sniff. Stressful to have to endure a first half like that, though.
Beale did a good job in turning it arround. Would be nice to think the players could have sorted it themselves, long before half time.

Can't believe the moaning on here. Hibs were up for it. We moved the ball quicker than for long time and created more.
Under Gio that ends 2-1 hibs or 2-2.
Beale needs time to make signings and iron out the defensive issues.

We managed to turn a game around.
Had serious doubts but they never laid a glove on us in that second half.
Well done Rangers.

Rangers made defending look easy in the 2nd half by basically not allowing Hibs the ball, 1 shot on goal in the 2nd half or something

Alfie and Tillman seem to have a decent understanding starting to build

Stop them at the halfway line and no need for CH;s to worry.

Tillman utilised well, looking forward to seeing him play that free creative role more often. Kent did seem to be in much better form, shooting was dreadful but he seemed more positive. Could actually see Morelos growing more into the game as it went on, he's clearly rusty but he will get there.

I loved the setup and general play though, yes it left us exposed at the back quite a few times, but the ease with which we were in and around their box in 2-4 passes was exciting to see

Agree with other posters that the subs were a bit strange.

Great gritty fighting win though, I loved that, let's get stuck into to the rest of this season now

Am I reading too much into Ryan Jack's jokey exchange with Porteous at the end there?
yes.

of him and nisbet, would rather have nisbet. porteous is awful in his positioning, not great passing and would be suspended half the season if he does the same same tackles as he does with hibs.

Rolls Royce Kamara back tonight. So glad to see he is being utilised correctly again
Second half aye, the difference when he's taking the ball on the turn and his first thought is forward is night and day. First half it was control and pass backwards, didn't look assured, second half turned it on like most of them.

Excellent result though we had to suffer for an hour.
Need to tighten up that defence even if the main centre backs are not ready to return - a bit better organisation is immediately called for.

Much, much better going forward tonight,

Device had a good game, Tillman got those silky feet which will always cause trouble for defenders and Kent looked a lot sharper too.

Devine was magnificent tonight, when you consider it was only his second game & he wasn't playing on his natural side.

Well done young man!

Back