MOTM Poll Rangers v Hibernian - 20:00 Thursday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Second half we looked decent, First half was a shambles. the sooner we get defenders back the better.
Hibs could have been 3 or 4-1 up at HT, that's how much we're on a knife edge with this injury situation. Sands and Lundstram as CB's is only gonna end one way.

That said our attacking play was the best it's been all season

I said the same mate. Plus I don’t think he was as much of a twat as he usually is. He seemed pretty tame tonight. There just might be something in the rumours. I didn’t see how Beale reacted with him though …
Dunno, his interview on sky he was really pushing the line about wanting to go to a different league

Also worth saying that anyone who thinks malik tillman is "lazy" or "pish" is an idiot
He's very inconsistent within games.

He made a great run at the corner to win the flick on and did very, very well to set up Morelos.

But he was also completely ineffective in the first half.

He has the world at his feet but has to show that all the time. As MB said - nobody is safe in this squad. If you don't turn up, you will be replaced with better. What happens next is up to Malik Tillman.

You can’t defend the goals we conceded, first especially. That’s nothing to do with a lack of CB’s but professionals not doing their job. You saw Beale’s reaction to it.
We know what's wrong in that department, so he will know as well and will want to get it sorted ASAP.

Very true mate mate, the 1st was extremely poor. The 2nd was perhaps the luckiest deflected through ball I've ever seen.

We see the 1st too often (ball into our box, back of the net whether it’s set piece or in play ball). There is an interview with Beale when they’ve just been beaten by Huddersfield and he’s going through his players for their failure to defend properly. His reaction to the Porteous goal was one of disgust.

How many times does a ball into our box end up in the net. No one prepared to pick up their man, no one willing to put their body on the line and defend for their lives.

Go and win it.

Good win. Tilman so much better in second half Alfie showing some signs of his old self, Devine played well. And I thought Kamara done some nice work.

I know I'm stating the obvious but we really need Goldson back.

So what did we learn from that? Would Gio have turned things round at half-time?
Nothing.

Until we get a central defensive pairing that works and that means Goldson and probably Davies for the rest of the season, then we can expect more of the same garbage the back as we saw in the first half.

We got a win against a mob who aren't exactly world beaters and then it's dolly's second cup final of the season?

Obviously, we will have to win all our games going into the 2nd and it doesn't look as if it's going to be pretty if tonight is anything to go by.

He's very inconsistent within games.

He made a great run at the corner to win the flick on and did very, very well to set up Morelos.

But he was also completely ineffective in the first half.

He has the world at his feet but has to show that all the time. As MB said - nobody is safe in this squad. If you don't turn up, you will be replaced with better. What happens next is up to Malik Tillman.
Players like that never show that all the time. If he did, he certainly wouldn't be with us. No other player in the squad has that deft touch and assist for the winner. 99 percent of players go for goal there.

Once we get a defence back then we’ll be fine. Much better one touch football. Just need to get a bit more confidence and swagger back. Good start gaffer.

Tillman was fantastic in the 2nd half, I just wish he played like that all the time.

Can be so frustrating at times.

Still though, can't believe he's only 20 y/o.

That was a very good comeback tonight. Some positive signs but still an awful lot of work to do.

Our defending was woeful, and that hesitancy in the final third persists. In the first half it seemed no one wanted to take responsibility. Second half was much much better and its no coincidence we got the breakthough by being more direct.

Kent showed flashes in the 1st half, Tillman in the 2nd, but we need to find a way to get them at their best for the full 90. Jack stood up tonight when we needed him most, and I thought young Devine had a very solid shift especially since he wasn't on his favoured wing. It took Kent a while to trust him, but when he did the boy delivered.

Three points in the bag and on to sheepland...

WATP!

Forget Gio, he is gone. Lets concentrate on a great victory.

So what was different in the second half? We destroyed them, they never got a sniff.

Tillman showing his worth tonight.

BTW, I might be wrong, bit porteous is signing for us. No winding up the Rangers fans at his goal.

A booking put him out the Edinburgh Derby on 2nd Jan. Nowt to do with signing for us

We see the 1st too often (ball into our box, back of the net whether it’s set piece or in play ball). There is an interview with Beale when they’ve just been beaten by Huddersfield and he’s going through his players for their failure to defend properly. His reaction to the Porteous goal was one of disgust.

How many times does a ball into our box end up in the net. No one prepared to pick up their man, no one willing to put their body on the line and defend for their lives.

Go and win it.
Couldn't agree more. A terrible goal to concede.

yes.

of him and nisbet, would rather have nisbet. porteous is awful in his positioning, not great passing and would be suspended half the season if he does the same same tackles as he does with hibs.
I would take both right now, gerrard wanted nisbet desperately. We need players like Porteous, our squad really needs wholesale changes, 3 or 4 need gone straight away, a freshen up is required and I include tav in this

Much better second half, we were like a different team. I thought we were going to get an absolute doing after 20 mins

I'd sign Tillman. 20 years old and will only get better.

Much better second half. Genuinely can't believe how much we improved from the first 45.
He is still young, but has great qualities. People have to remember he is still learning at this level.
He will have a big future in the game.
If he is still here in three and a half years time he will be starring for the US team in the world cup.

I would take both right now, gerrard wanted nisbet desperately. We need players like Porteous, our squad really needs wholesale changes, 3 or 4 need gone straight away, a freshen up is required and I include tav in this
Watching that game and you would sign they 2 cmon bet you slag Wilson aswell

Jack alluded to MB "calming us down" at half time so signs of the manager's influence on the vast improvement in the second half. Also very encouraging from Tillman, Kamara and Kent - even a hint of some long overdue swagger after the chaos of the first half...

I think anything regarding Porteous hasn’t been done yet. Sounds like his preference is another league which is fine by me.

I think it was more interesting Beale made an effort to immediately embrace Nisbet. I think Beale is a fan.

Not guys I’d expect us to be considering but I reckon both will be on the list as exploring further.

I don't think we were as bad first half as most on here but the one big improvement second half was Devine pushing right up high.

Whether that was just him trying to play safe first half or a reaction to the shit show inside him he was pretty reluctant to get fully forward. Second half he was playing on the Hibs by-line and that helped keep Hibs penned in and also gave us much more threat on that side.
I thought it was more down to Kent trusting him more and not trying to do it all himself. Devine made some good runs in the first half as well but Kent cut inside rather than play the boy on the overlap

Lost the coverage with Rangers TV in second half 2-1 down. Eventually got it back and we were 3-2 up! Maybe shouldn't watch Rangers live :))

Terry Venables said a managers earns his wage at half time. Beale certainly did today.
Thar result will do a lot for our confidence. We won the ball back so often in the 2nd half.

Nothing.

Until we get a central defensive pairing that works and that means Goldson and probably Davies for the rest of the season, then we can expect more of the same garbage the back as we saw in the first half.

We got a win against a mob who aren't exactly world beaters and then it's dolly's second cup final of the season?

Obviously, we will have to win all our games going into the 2nd and it doesn't look as if it's going to be pretty if tonight is anything to go by.

We must score first to win these upcoming games. The sheep will be flying into their normal wild challenges up there. Our mental and physical sharpness needs to improve pronto.

Back