Match Thread Rangers v Motherwell - 15:00 Sunday - RangersTV.tv

Thoroughly satisfying hammering of that shite, some superb moves , was going on 10.

Still some abject defending at times, that is going to have to be stamped out.

What happened to get that tit of a manager to the stand?

How's @KimStelper enjoying this?
Loved it, I'm always a pecimist but the players showed me up. We have had a few false dawns but the players handled the pressure and made a statement.

Glad for Arfield, he gets a load of stick but I feel we are a more complete team when he plays. Never seen the game but over the moon with Grezda, I'm hoping our left side will be him and Barisic when fit on the left with Tav and Kent on the right.

Did you enjoy the game?

Last edited:
Good win. Goal difference could be crucial come May.

Off topic but I noticed some Motherwell players had poppies on top and some didn’t. Any background to this?

Also the banner that said Motherwell grasses. I don’t know what the story is with that.

Great performance from the Teddies! Timely too with the mentally challengeds dropping points. Everyone played for the jersey today and there wasn’t a failure in the side. Grezda, Middleton could both have won MOTM, but for me it’s a toss up between Arfield and the captain. If we keep playing like this, and were able to translate this into our away form, we won’t be far away when the prizes are handed out

Pity this peak in form is disrupted once again by a stupid International break. I wish someone would do something about this. Four breaks in half a season is excessive to say the least, especially given the majority are meaningless fixtures. Time for the clubs to flex their muscles

Couldn't watch the game on RTV until 5.30pm

Opened up rangers.co.uk to access RTV and saw the feckin score at the bottom of the page.

Pain in the arse. Tried accessing it now and I get the chance to go straight to the game, mustve just been unlucky with my timing.

Confident performance and excellent finishing. WTF with Cadden ? A good wide midfield player has been turned into a shit full back.

Great performance from the Teddies! Timely too with the mentally challengeds dropping points. Everyone played for the jersey today and there wasn’t a failure in the side. Grezda, Middleton could both have won MOTM, but for me it’s a toss up between Arfield and the captain. If we keep playing like this, and were able to translate this into our away form, we won’t be far away when the prizes are handed out

Pity this peak in form is disrupted once again by a stupid International break. I wish someone would do something about this. Four breaks in half a season is excessive to say the least, especially given the majority are meaningless fixtures. Time for the clubs to flex their muscles

I tend to agree but, on the positive side, it gives some of our guys a break from the twice a week grind.

Loved it, I'm always a pecimist but the players showed me up. We have had a few false dawns but the players handled the pressure and made a statement.

Glad for Arfield, he gets a load of stick but I feel we are a more complete team when he plays. Never seen the game but over the moon with Grezda, I'm hoping our left side will be him and Barisic when fit on the left with Tav and Kent on the right.

Did you enjoy the game?
I followed it on the match thread, so I'm a bit mixed emotions

Just watched it.

Call me greedy, but I’d have liked a couple of more goals.

And if we lose this league title by a goal, Thomson will have a lot to answer for.........:rolleyes:

We should be turning over teams like that more frequently. We clearly have the ability to do so. Consistency has to be our main focus area.

First time I’ve been at a game and there’s been no added time.

Guessing it was to save Motherwell from further embarrassment
If it were 2-1 I bet there would have been at least 3 minutes injury time, so a ref shouldn't be bending the rules just because one team is on the receiving end of a humiliating scoreline.

I followed it on the match thread, so I'm a bit mixed emotions
I honestly thought we had a good chance of getting beat, nothing to do with ability but I had a feeling the players didn't have the mental attitude to handle the pressure, getting the attitude comes with experience and being tested which on a few occasions this season we have let ourselves down at. We are a good team and we have good players, I still think the biggest success from today is the players will now realise when they need to do it they can and will know they are a good team.

The sheep game we lost 1-0 I feel we should have won as even with Sadiq up front we have enough ability to beat a poor sheep team. The Moscow games were a killer as even though Moscow prob has a much better team player for player we should have beat them twice, at Ibrox we made them look like an average side and they played for a draw with the game in Moscow we lost with stupid mistakes. In my opinion these are 3 big games where I think the players just didn't turn up and do what they could have done. We could be sitting 6 points better of in Europe and in a cup final, but it just didn't happen for us in important games.

We are still in the mix there is no doubt, but games like Killie or the 3 each motherwell game we should have wiped the floor as we are a much better team. Looking back we should be topping that table by a few points but lost or didn't win silly games where we should have.

Couldn't watch the game on RTV until 5.30pm

Opened up rangers.co.uk to access RTV and saw the feckin score at the bottom of the page.

Pain in the arse. Tried accessing it now and I get the chance to go straight to the game, mustve just been unlucky with my timing.
You need to set your bookmark for www.rangers.co.uk/tv mate. It will take you to an advert to buy the game. Click on than, then log in as usual and you’re straight to the game. I’ve taken to doing this for early KOs which are 7am over here. I have the full subscription which allows games live overseas, but for said early KOs I get up at noon and watch the game before checking anything else on the net. The effect is the same as watching it live but I get a few hours extra kip

I tend to agree but, on the positive side, it gives some of our guys a break from the twice a week grind.
I take your point m8, but three times this season so far we have seemed to hit a bit of decent form only for it to be disrupted by an International break. I think we need to put together s decent run of form if we are to be challengers this season and it feels like all these International breaks are working against this

Alfredo Morelos "conned" referee Craig Thomson, suggested Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson after his side lost 7-1 to Rangers at Ibrox.

Carl McHugh received his second yellow card for handball in the box, though Robinson called his first booking for a foul on Morelos "a disgrace".

However, he also accused his side of using the referee as an "excuse" in the thumping defeat.

"The first booking is a disgrace, it's embarrassing," said Robinson.

"And I have to say, referees are getting conned by the same people continually. Certain players get away with certain things every week. They (referees) have a hard task.

"If you are getting fooled every week then it's difficult for them. It wasn't a free-kick in the first place, it certainly wasn't a yellow card."

Scott Arfield had given Rangers an early lead, but Curtis Main drew Motherwell level.

McHugh was then penalised further when he blocked Andy Halliday's shot with his arm and Robinson was sent to the stand by Thomson for his protests.

After McHugh's dismissal, James Tavernier scored the resultant penalty, followed by goals from Morelos, a second for Arfield, Glenn Middleton and an Eros Grezda double.

Robinson said: "I think some of the boys used the referee as an excuse. Let's be very frank here, we were very poor defensively. We're not going to blame the referee.

"I've protected a lot of these players, stuck by them and been very loyal and I didn't get a lot back today."
On his own dismissal, Robinson said he felt hard done by.

"Listen, members of their staff came up to voice their opinion," he said. "I was the only one sent to the stand.

"A young boy, out of his depth as a fourth official (Craig Napier), obviously he can't deal with that. I don't think it was a major incident."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46174409

Cracking result. Motherwell may be hammer-throwers but certainly are no mugs. I can’t remember the last time we hammered them. I recall a 5-0 (I think) around Advocaat’s time

We are at least £30-50 million away from Celtic.

Is that right?

Xan1Dvp.png

I still feel great this morning

WATP
I’ve been on a high all day as well mate.
I attended the Remembrance Service at George Square which was solemn and dignified. I left the city centre feeling extremely proud.
Then on to Ibrox where we totally destroyed that bunch of hammer throwers and humiliated their fans. Got up this morning with a spring in my step and a feeling that all was well in my life. WATP

Cracking result. Motherwell may be hammer-throwers but certainly are no mugs. I can’t remember the last time we hammered them. I recall a 5-0 (I think) around Advocaat’s time
6-1 in Smith's second spell. We may have been down to 10 men for much of that game as well, though I may be confusing that with a 7-1 mauling of Scumdee Utd around the same time.

First time I’ve been at a game and there’s been no added time.

Guessing it was to save Motherwell from further embarrassment

That infuriated me. One, give us what we pay for. Two, this league has literally come down to one team scoring one more goal than another in a season before. If we lost the league by one goal this season, we could absolutely point to that. Refs aren't on the pitch to be sympathetic, they're there to apply the laws of the game

What was the 'Motherwell grasses' banner about?

Some serious censorship on here. Created a thread and it's gone.

UB and Motherwell fans having a sing dong. UB guy ran down a young boy with his car in the melee, police Scotland worked with Motherwell fans asking them to point the finger at the perpetrators of the event and UB guy got sent down. Got what he deserved, truth be told. The Motherwell grasses banner is one of the crassest, cringiest things I've ever seen at Ibrox and was an embarrassment to our support. Add the fact it was remembrance Sunday, and that just caps off what was a horrendous day for the UB, including singing four songs, yes, four, in a row about Celtic

UB and Motherwell fans having a sing dong. UB guy ran down a young boy with his car in the melee, police Scotland worked with Motherwell fans asking them to point the finger at the perpetrators of the event and UB guy got sent down. Got what he deserved, truth be told. The Motherwell grasses banner is one of the crassest, cringiest things I've ever seen at Ibrox and was an embarrassment to our support. Add the fact it was remembrance Sunday, and that just caps off what was a horrendous day for the UB, including singing four songs, yes, four, in a row about Celtic
Yeah that was embarrassingly bad from them.

Brilliant display for the 100 years anniversary and they are bringing this petty nonsense into it.

Terrible timing and annoying.

Back