MOTM Poll Rangers v PSV Eindhoven - 20:00 Tuesday - BT Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not sure why but feeling very confident tonight

I actually have a feeling we’ll win by 2 or 3. Need to go at them though the way we did with Dortmund / Leipzig / Belgrade / Braga

Score an early goal, get the crowd whipped up and I could see them crumbling like all other opponents did in Europe last season.

Of all the 4 games mentioned above, IIRC we scored the opener within the first 20 minutes of all games.

Not sure why but feeling very confident tonight

I actually have a feeling we’ll win by 2 or 3. Need to go at them though the way we did with Dortmund / Leipzig / Belgrade / Braga

Score an early goal, get the crowd whipped up and I could see them crumbling like all other opponents did in Europe last season.

Of all the 4 games mentioned above, IIRC we scored the opener within the first 20 minutes of all games.
Tav was 22mins against Dortmund ;).

But I would take that again tonight no bother.

PSV won't sit back and we are scoring fairly freely. Think there will be plenty goals tonight. 4-2 to the bears.

Both teams have a very similar style of play, bit of a chess match this one but it's Ibrox tonight and I have a feeling with the crowd behind the team we can do this 3-1 to the Rangers. WATP and we Fear no Foe

What do we stand to earn should we progress?

It's all split up, depending on games won, drawn,...
We also get around 5m for reaching the play off round

PositionPrize money
Winners€20m
Runners-up€15.5m
Semi-finals€12.5m
Quarter-finals€10.6m
Round of 16€9.6m
Group stage€15.64m
Third qualifying round€480k
Second qualifying round€380k
First qualifying round€280k
Preliminary round€230k

It's all split up, depending on games won, drawn,...
We also get around 5m for reaching the play off round

PositionPrize money
Winners€20m
Runners-up€15.5m
Semi-finals€12.5m
Quarter-finals€10.6m
Round of 16€9.6m
Group stage€15.64m
Third qualifying round€480k
Second qualifying round€380k
First qualifying round€280k
Preliminary round€230k
I thought that 5m was if we get knocked out this round?

Really nervous for this one, feels like such a huge game. Great if we can get a win tonight to take back to Holland but we'll need to be at our best.

I think we will edge it tonight. 2-1. Any better result than that and we are in a great position.

PSV fan here, happy to be in your rainy city and greatly looking forward to Ibrox tomorrow. About the upcoming matches: I’m thinking it’ll be 50/50, and like someone mentioned here, I think there will be plenty of goals on both sides. Tbf, we are really lucky that we have the 2nd game at our home. Obviously, the Philips Stadion is nowhere close to Ibrox, but we can have a intense atmosphere too (last week against AS Monaco was the most overwhelming atmosphere of the last 15 years imo), and depending on the result in Ibrox, you might see that atmosphere too.

Our defence is pretty weak, especially the build up play. Our wing backs are nothing special. Sangare is a beast at CDM, but not too good on the ball. Veerman is a very decent player with a unique finishing ability. I’m expecting that Til will be the 3rd midfielder and tbf, he’s a ghost, but, he can score several goals out of nowhere. But if he does play, that is probably in your favor too.

Our real right winger, Madueke, will be injured until winter, so we’re playing with youngsters Bakayoko or Saibari there, both decent wingers but not CL level by any means.

We do probably have the best header of Europe with Luuk de Jong, he is absolutely ridiculous in-air. And Gakpo is a great left winger, who will try and cut into the middle and shoot from just outside the box. He’s a killer in front of goal.

Our tactic is going to be countering, with the wingers looking to play the high ball to Luuk de Jong, or passing the ball to Veerman on the box. Only 3 players to watch really; Veerman, Gakpo & de Jong. Next to that, the PSV team have a great fighting spirit and have the ability to ‘kill’ the game, which usually is not a Dutch quality.

U’ll win at Ibrox. Best scenario would be - for you - is to win hard at home and demoralise PSV for the game in Eindhoven. If it’s going to be 2-1 at Ibrox for example, expect a crazy game in Eindhoven..

Absolutely buzzing for the game, and hope we’ll have 2 great games with many goals!!!
We're well drilled playing against counter attacking teams, pretty much every game domestically teams play like this against us. But I feel we play better in Europe being the underdogs, with the opposition trying to take the game to us, rather than sitting back.

I think both ties (home and away) could actually go either way.

If all our players are on their 'A' game we should take a narrow lead to Eindhoven. If not then we will have to pull out something in Holland.

The whole tie remains 50/50 but we'll have a better idea after tonight.
Are you a daily record columnist :)

Colak is in possession of the jersey for me - while he's scoring he starts.

Jon
Tav Goldson Davies Borna
Lunny Lawrence
Matondo Tillman Kent
Colak

Colak is in possession of the jersey for me - while he's scoring he starts.

Jon
Tav Goldson Davies Borna
Lunny Lawrence
Matondo Tillman Kent
Colak
Lawrence sitting in midfield is an interesting choice.

Assuming that is just a mistake and you meant Jack there.

I expect Lawrence will play ahead of Matondo, with him or Tillman wider.

You know it’s a big game when nerves are kicking in before lunch, can’t wait to get done with work and off to Ibrox.

Not quite sure what to expect on the pitch, can’t see PSV coming and parking the bus which might suit us.

Lawrence sitting in midfield is an interesting choice.

Assuming that is just a mistake and you meant Jack there.

I expect Lawrence will play ahead of Matondo, with him or Tillman wider.

Thought last week Lawrence done the dirty side of the job in there - as well as getting forward mate thats why I went for him.

Jack was horrible last week and I say that as a fanboy !!

Thought last week Lawrence done the dirty side of the job in there - as well as getting forward mate thats why I went for him.

Jack was horrible last week and I say that as a fanboy !!
He was good at the weekend, and will be vital tonight I reckon. Matondo would be dangerous off the bench, with Morelos too for the last 25 minutes.

Hopefully they score our 3rd and 4th goals.

Would love for Morelos to start but feel that it will be to early for him. Would imagine colak gets 60 mins and Morelos gets the last half hour with a view to starting him against hibs and then psv in the second leg. Would also like Davies to start over sands, and prefer a left footer in there at lcb, feel we are a lot more balanced.

Italian whistler Daniele Orsato will be the man in the middle at Ibrox. He'll be assisted by Ciro Carbone and Alessandro Giallatini.

A Rangers win please !
By more than one goal would set us up well, ahead of the return leg.
Play up The Famous !!

Back