MOTM Poll Rangers v Slavia Praha - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport ONLY

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
The truth is we haven't been good enough over the 2 legs against them, even before the first red card tonight we weren't doing much.

Its annoying as i really thought it was a winnable tie for us.

I'll take the positive that Patterson has put in a shift and has not looked out of place in this team

And I'll go back to my earlier point around Aribo - Not sure he's got the defensive qualities for a midfielder

On hindsight, poor team selection by Gerrard. Aribo, Arfield and Balogun all dire tonight.
Why is the manager to blame for picking 3 players who have been immense all season and in his eyes deserved to start the game tonight, do you not just think we have been outclassed by a better team?

A lot of ifs here. If Tav was fit(no harm to Patterson) if Jack was fit if Helander had started, If McGregor had saved the goal in 14 minutes. Could Hagi have started? Could Roof have pulled out of tackle. Had we got to stage when Roofe went off and was 0-0 I would fancy us.

Ah well, a very disappointing end to a great run. The big question for me is why do we find it impossible to beat a Czech team. That’s 50 years of failing on that one.

Bariisic has put every dead ball into the keepers arms.

Just very poor all round tonight against what is a decent side but no more than that.

I love big Balogun for what he is, but he's nowhere near Helander's level in any stretch. It's mental.

That said, I won't lose the heed over this result. I knew they were capable of coming here and doing this. A proper physical and clinical side. Horrible bastards, but you get that in Europe.

I'll probably retreat for a couple of days to let the madness die down after this. FF is about to go into meltdown...

I think everyone needs to remember this mob out out Leicester before us. They are no mugs. But this ref tonight has been pathetic. Some of his decisions have been laughable, especially in the first half.

They can hold their heads up high. Hasn’t went for us tonight at all but getting to the last 16 again was an outstanding achievement.

Disappointing performance and score

however this was a massive step up in terms of opponent
I wouldn’t say so - I’d say Benfica and possibly couple other better than this mob. Decent but nothing to make me think they are anything special. Both games we were very ordinary and flat - no excuse for it when league was done and these games were only ones to have anything in them. We’ve went out with a total whimper which is disappointing. It’s been the most ordinary (or normal of Europe of past) performance under Gerrard.

We've been poor tonight.
Up front we don't attack any balls put into the box. Waiting for it and never getting it is the story of the night. Patterson's effort is the only shot I can recall we've had from inside the box.
Getting two guys sent off is the best way to make a job impossible.
Really disappointed we can't give them a better game than this.
Balls to the box have gone right to the keeper.

Balls to strikers have been "in behind" style balls which good defences lap up. We saw in the first half some success with balls to the feet or Morelos and Kent who were able to drive at their players.

Couldn’t understand Helander being dropped tonight and why on earth wasn’t Hagi playing! Love gerrard but that was baffling.

The players looked disjointed but we weren’t helped by one of the worst refereeing performances I’ve seen.

Obviously wanted us to win tonight but im not gonna cry about going out. We had a good chance to go through but we have come up short against a better side.

Overall we have exceeded my expectations so far this season so for me it's on to the next. Dirty bastards they are but i feel we were a bit naiive in all truth.

Onwards we go.

Gutting way for the euro run to end. Didn't do ourselves justice at all but tbh even at 11 v 11 they were just that bit better than us.
Cheating c.unts but a very good side

Back