Match Thread Rangers v St Johnstone - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTV.tv

In the last 3 games the Micks have put ten past this mob.
We could play another two games and still wouldn’t look like scoring.
This was eff all to do with Steven McLean. We were keech

Did we actually have a shot on target? I can’t remember Cammy Bell making a save. Fod made two and they hit the bar ffs.

Davis and Defoe : were they the answer? TF Alfie can play on wednesday or we could be staring the end of our competitive season.

That was unacceptable day. End of

absolutely abysmal Rangers. we’re not going to be winning anything if we can’t produce the goods against sh*te like that at Ibrox.

Defoe was poor but I don’t think we’re playing to his strengths.
Kamara the only positive from the game.
Totally scunnered otherwise.
Which was pace and off the ball movement. I don't think he now possesses the former. We've not got the players to find him so that makes the latter redundant.

Defoe and Davis are past it. I thought they would be great signings I was wrong. They don't have the legs anymore. Barasic was worryingly bad today and Worral and Goldson bomb scares. We were lucky to get a point. We are miles behind the scum they have gone unbeaten in the league this year with almost a full team of injuries. Doesn't help the refs are cheating against us but that's not the excuse why we will not win the league.

Manager is tactically naive and the squad isn't balanced.

Until Gerrard learns that he needs to set the team up to meet the demands of each game rather than trying to stick with something that isn't really working, the team will continue to drop points. I'm not convinced that he has it in him yet to change a game by reacting and changing tactics. It's Warburton's "do plan A better" problem.

When are we going to have a midfielder that can actually shoot , some of the efforts today we're shocking. And punting high balls up to wee Defoe with defenders round him is criminal . Gutted today just knew from 30 mins in we weren't going to score..

We have no chance of winning the Cup I left earlier today than I have ever done because between clueless Tavernier and yes I was their watching him and Goldson who couldn't pass wind I was sick watching them, a Davies is another one who is finished.

Of course we have a chance, it's a one game at a time competition that also relies on a degree of luck. But play like that on Wednesday or in any other game we have left in it and we won't. I don't think Bell had any particularly difficult saves to make there today. One from Goldson in the first half but it wasn't anything special. I was fearing after the first 20 minutes it was going to be another of those awful performances that are becoming more frequent, and sadly that's how it turned out.

Kilmarnock a far better team than St Johnstone,wouldn't surprise me in the least if they knock us out on Wednesday if we play the same as today.

Was never a fan of Davis coming back,he offers absolutely nothing and i'll be glad when his loan is up,only pass marks today from me was Kamara who played very well for his first game.

Over the last two days i've had more enjoyment watching the youths,never give up,determined and play good football,maybe our first team coaches can have a talk with our youth team coaches.

Until Gerrard learns that he needs to set the team up to meet the demands of each game rather than trying to stick with something that isn't really working, the team will continue to drop points. I'm not convinced that he has it in him yet to change a game by reacting and changing tactics. It's Warburton's "do plan A better" problem.

I agree. Problem is when he has inexplicably change things at games from the start, it has been a disaster. As a result, he sh*ts the bed in game & resorts to his only tactic straight out of the dummys guide to management - chuck on another striker.

We are never going to win a league when we have a powderpuff midfield. The tims have Mcgregor Christie and Rogic who all contribute with goals. Our midfield dont create or score goals.

Our midfield seem to even lack the ability to shoot. How many times have we seen a real shot with conviction? Jack, Arfield, McCrorie, Candeias either sky it or they give a half-hearted attempt with zero power.

How Many times do we need to play sheite teams before we learn how to beat them.
Who’s working on this crap.
Two big games to lift us Scum and Abergreen then crap again.
Can’t blame pitches this time.

I agree. Problem is when he has inexplicably change things at games from the start, it has been a disaster. As a result, he sh*ts the bed in game & resorts to his only tactic straight out of the dummys guide to management - chuck on another striker.

I'm sorry but the Managers decisions today deserve moonhowling of the highest order! He needs to give a good explanation on what he was thinking today!

Punt punt punt punt punt punt punt... great tactics that. Then when we play along the carpet it's either short, gets cut out of goes astray.

A one paced, negative, boring, predictable pile of junk. No heart, no passion, no urgency. Punt, 5 yard pass back the way, out wide and lamp it off the first man or out of play.

We are brutal. Our domestic form has been pathetic.

A manager who's tactically inept, lacks a plan b, cannot raise his players, cannot change a game and gets out done by the oppositions manager time and time again.

We will shit the bed in the Scottish and that's our season done without a fight yet again.

Management team won't do.

I got slaughtered for saying we should not have signed Davis and for saying we should try and offload Lafferty...

One is over the hill and the other was never that good first time around.
I had similar concerns about Davis. I don't know if several posters either didn't see him first time round or had a different idea of what he offered, but the folk going on about how he'd he the number 10 we needed were totally wrong. I mentioned it a couple of times, reminding folk that Davis was an industrious midfielder rather than a creative type, but realised I was wasting my time.

I've also said that Kamara will be the reason we dont sign davis permanently, because he will be a fantastic player for us, while I think others see him as a squad filler.

"Walk it into the net"

"Walk it into the net"

.........AND................

"Walk it into the net"

What a hopeless bunch of plodders we've become! On the field, in the manager's office and in the boardroom!

We have a team full of small time players who will raise their game for the odd big team, but have no desire and character to go and take a game by the scruff.
We will never win a league with a lot of these players. This fucking 433 with wide players that can’t score I fucking hate and have hated since we started it under Warburton.
The standard of our midfield play has been shocking bad since then also no matter who the manager is.

Only one man to blame and he’s standing in the dugout

Never thought I’d say it but we’re being let down by tactics and the inability to change a game, Coulibaly being brought on rubber stamped that today!

I said we’d regret not buying an stacking midfielder, %^*& me we’re awful going forwards at times, really lacking creativity

Lafferty got himself about and posed far more threat in the 20 mins he got than Defoe did in 90. We just don't play the right way to get the best out of him. Another game where you barely knew he was on the pitch.
Lafferty was shite, and has been shite since arrival.

Any slimmer of hope, and that’s what it was ended today.

I think the Celtic game gave us false hope and it was a red herring. We thought we had turned a corner with that performance when in reality, it was a one off.
Was always a bright spot nothing more.

Which is the risk of going with a rookie manager.

Great players don't always make great managers. What they found easy on the park doesn't always come easily to their players. Additionally as a player they have 1 job to do and could rely on coaching from the dugout to help them during a game.

Gerrard may well become a great manager but he has a lot to learn and part of that learning will involve him making mistakes. If he's going to learn at Rangers then the fans need to accept that a title challenge is always possible but that it may equally be easy to ultimately disappoint. Celtic might not be great but they have the experience of winning titles on the park and the experience of winning in the dugout. It's going to take disappointing draws or losses for Gerrard to learn how to be a better manager.

Our basic problems haven’t changed all season.

Our wide players don’t contribute enough goals to make a 4,3,3 work

Morelos is targeted / reacts too much, and consequently will be missing for many important matches. Without him, we can’t play a 4,3,3, and yet we keep trying to do so.

There is far too little goal threat and creativity coming from midfield. Unfortunately, Davis won’t solve that problem.

We don’t have enough aerial threat at set pieces since Katic was dropped. So, we’re too easy to defend against at corners and set pieces.

Those issues are not issues you’ll find in a title winning team

What does that even mean?

He is not suited to the Scottish game, its always been a hard league but it has changed further since we've returned.

Every team wants our scalp, I think after being chucked to the bottom the hatred of our club has become uniform through the league. Every team wants to beat us.

Seems to me that all bottom half teams have the same tactic. Play a two bank defence against us, 4 defenders and 4/5 deep midfield when we attack them.

There is so much going wrong it's hard to put a finger on it.
But something is going wrong, badly wrong, that squad is not together as a team. Too many happy to leave it to somebody else, shrug there shoulders and come out with shite like "I'm here to make mistakes"
What sort of mentality is that? How can that sort of thinking be tolerated in a Rangers dressing room.
It seems to be through much of the team, where we are either a stepping stone or a retirement home.
That today was gutless, inept and inexcusable. Our opponents can't just predict how we are going to play, but what an individual player will do with a pass.
We have raised predictability to an art form. The only thing unpredictable is will we be able to pass, shoot, cross or defend, on the day.
We know how other teams are going to play, yet we are never, ever mentally or physically ready for it, or up for it.
We lack drive, endurance and leadership.
We looked totally lost today almost from the first minute, and weren't slow to show it.
It was more of a "this'll never work" tantrum than a team performance.

The mental side of our team is shot to bits, it's obvious, they bottle it regularly and did today.

In the last 3 games the Micks have put ten past this mob.
We could play another two games and still wouldn’t look like scoring.
This was eff all to do with Steven McLean. We were keech

Did we actually have a shot on target? I can’t remember Cammy Bell making a save. Fod made two and they hit the bar ffs.

Davis and Defoe : were they the answer? TF Alfie can play on wednesday or we could be staring the end of our competitive season.

That was unacceptable day. End of

18 shots we had....1 on target. Very poor against them at home!

Back