Match Thread Rangers v St Mirren - 15:00 Sunday 12th - RangersTV.tv only

What does that have to do with anything?

Dom Ball should've been sent off, but so should McCrorie. Stupid challenge to make.

Also, there was more force in McGinn's kick on Coulibaly than Morelos' on McKenna last week. Cowardly.
It wasn't stupid....the guy was through and Ross took the chance.......had St.mirren scored everyone would be saying McCrorie should have taken him out

No, he was offered a contract by MW too and he turned it down, it wasn’t a pittance either. After leaving he went to NF where he spoke shite about Rangers as though he’d just escaped from a concentrate camp, he then spent the season picking skelves out his arse, he’s now been papped to Swansea. You may have a hard-on for McKay but you got it spectacularly wrong with him. I could understand you bringing him up if he’d left and actually done something worth talking about, but he hasn’t.

A lazy little chancer who doesn’t have the drive nor the hunger to maximise his abilities which admittedly are more substantial than most. The comparison in general though was pointless and made no sense because it’s apples and oranges.

So as I said the understanding thing you quoted is only for players you like. I don't know about yesterdays game as I've not read any reports yet but McKay was Swansea's MOTM last week and laid on the winner for them. As for having a hard on for players, how's Pena getting on? Did you not have a wee soft spot for him, you know that Mexican guy that burst a gut every game.

See all this ‘it was a definite red pish’, it wasn’t, Goldson was close enough in behind to put major doubt in any objective officials mind, the st boo player was going wide of the goal and the referee couldn’t wait to get his card out. (He took no time to consider his decision the Celtic supporting ex st boo player, I doubt Sean Carr was going to disagree with him)

I thought Sadiq’s looked a much more stonewall decision, but the rules reverted back to ‘nothing to see here’ when it was our opponents transgressing, much the same as last week and much of last season.

The studs up stamp on Goldson, the punch on Katic and the snarling, hacking performance of st boo, characterised by their captain who seemed to have ‘carte blanche’ to transgress for the majority of the game, were totally ignored...Once again we were referreed to a different set of rules with the sending off borderline and questionable, but hey ho like many last week on Morelos’s erroneous sending off, aah what’s the point!
I think it was a red to be honest but post sending off the referee was diabolical , yet again .

Whats the injury to coulibally?

He came over to Gerrard shortly after the tackle pointing to the front of his right thigh, no idea what muscle that is. It could quite as easily have been injured in the 50/50 after the shocking "tackle" by McGinn.

Well Gerrard said we play with aggression thats what happens and will happen on a frequent basis although i think the club should be questioning the fact that an ex St Midden player was ref today as its a scandalous appointment.

Fully understand playing with aggression.

When 2-0 up at Ibrox and coasting we could be a wee bit more savvy.

It wasn't stupid....the guy was through and Ross took the chance.......had St.mirren scored everyone would be saying McCrorie should have taken him out

Not in a red card position! ..... seriously it’s just crazy to make that tackle early in a game whilst leading 2-0 .... losing the goal is 100 times better than losing the player. With 10 mins to go and 1-0 and it’s a different decision to make.

I get worried when we start passing the ball around the box. Too easy to lose it and let our opponents in with chances...arse flapped a couple of times when we passed the ball inside into our box....there are time to hoof it !

or let the guy in to reduce it to 2...1...professional foul...the boy knew what he was doing, and most times he would have escaped with a yellow......

If RM thought he was taking one for the team on 30 minutes and 2-0 then he's too stupid too play football.

We can argue whether it was a red or not but what we should be able to agree with is that for the first two games already we are being refereed to a different standard. We've been a man down in both games and still run the show , they all put an absolute shift in some of the guys where a bit error prone . The sending off was down to murphy and mccrorie. Massive positive again - Alfredo morelos, coulibaly and the defence.

So as I said the understanding thing you quoted is only for players you like. I don't know about yesterdays game as I've not read any reports yet but McKay was Swansea's MOTM last week and laid on the winner for them. As for having a hard on for players, how's Pena getting on? Did you not have a wee soft spot for him, you know that Mexican guy that burst a gut every game.

Are you thick?

Kent and Ejaria have only just arrived, never played in front of this kind of crowd, they’re both clearly trying very hard to make things happen, and both clearly have the trust of a manager who certainly won’t accept anything less than 100%.

Let’s compare the above with your love child Barrie McKay. Had a season playing in front of the Ibrox crowd in he championship and was well received with many good performances. Went up a level to the SPL already having a seasons worth of experience playing in front of the Ibrox crowd. Played about 5 good games in total, KB’d two contract offers, didn’t try a leg, and fired a snide and unwarranted parting shot at the club after disappearing to NF. Didn’t cut the mustard at the mighty NF.

In what way is that comparable or similar to the two Liverpool loanees and what I said about giving them a chance to grow and get used to the environment? Honest to god I’m amazed you can even get logged on here on your own. You were the one telling everyone McKay would be going to the EPL for big bucks, you got it wrong, your stories his contact offer is pure fantasy and you’re just pissing in the wind. That’s the end of it really.

yes....but that's why he plays for Rangers and we don't. The original mistake in losing the ball was not his

To be fair you sound like his mother/sister/girlfriend/obsessed stalker. It was a red card all day long and very naïve on young McCrorie's part . Had we been playing a stronger side than St Boo, it could've cost us points.

11 vs. 11 and we flatten them today.

Even with 10 men had we seen a bit more quality in terms of final ball/delivery/better decision making, it would have been 4 or 5.

That's my only concern - our final ball is poor. Still, it's only August and we are a new team.

Goldson and Katić continue to be immense, as does Coulibaly - who was hit left right and centre and just gets on with it. Nearing 90 minutes and he's still making Yaya Toure runs with the ball.

Barišić was solid and unlucky to pick up a yellow which resulted in him being substituted. His delivery on the ball or from a set piece is bloody outstanding and he's quick. Hopefully we can read his delivery as he's could get us a shed load of assists.

Fought and battled hard with 10 men and didn't give them a sniff.

Another fantastic team performance and result.

As expected.2-0 win with st boo doing the square root of f uck all.Goldson was immense and rightly Moth.

Last edited:
More positives than negatives today.

A defence who hate conceding, 70 minutes for Barisic, Morelos has his head screwed back on, Ejaria settling in, and we simply look like a team who are going to win games.

We did give the ball away too much in terrible positions, our 2 wide players never threatened enough, and the red card stopped us dominating.

But the signs are good, the manager has already instilled belief on the pitch and in the stands.

Are you thick?

Kent and Ejaria have only just arrived, never played in front of this kind of crowd, they’re both clearly trying very hard to make things happen, and both clearly have the trust of a manager who certainly won’t accept anything less than 100%.

Let’s compare the above with your love child Barrie McKay. Had a season playing in front of the Ibrox crowd in he championship and was well received with many good performances. Went up a level to the SPL already having a seasons worth of experience playing in front of the Ibrox crowd. Played about 5 good games in total, KB’d two contract offers, didn’t try a leg, and fired a snide and unwarranted parting shot at the club after disappearing to NF. Didn’t cut the mustard at the mighty NF.

In what way is that comparable or similar to the two Liverpool loanees and what I said about giving them a chance to grow and get used to the environment? Honest to god I’m amazed you can even get logged on here on your own. You were the one telling everyone McKay would be going to the EPL for big bucks, you got it wrong, your stories his contact offer is pure fantasy and you’re just pissing in the wind. That’s the end of it really.
Kent much much better on the left for me,

More positives than negatives today.

A defence who hate conceding, 70 minutes for Barisic, Morelos has his head screwed back on, Ejaria settling in, and we simply look like a team who are going to win games.

We did give the ball away too much in terrible positions, our 2 wide players never threatened enough, and the red card stopped us dominating.

But the signs are good, the manager has already instilled belief on the pitch and in the stands.

The team spirit and togetherness is a big thing for me. It's the Rangers of old - when a player gets hit or the referee makes a lady's front bottom of a decision, they are over opposition/referee like a rash.

Wish people would get off the back of Ejaria and Kent and give them some time to find their feet. Completely new environment for them and it’s become a much trickier game now.

Why the haste and absolute need to get right in with the “eh not good enough, I’d get him aff, just don’t see it wae him at all” pish.
We’ve been told specifically that Ejaria might need a bit of time but he’d get us off our seats.

5 games played in Europe without controversy or incident. 2 games played domestically - 2 red cards.

Unlike last week this one probably was (though if it happens at the other end - I bet you it's yellow) and once again a game that was shaping up to be a comfortable win for us ends up being much harder because of a referee's decision.

We probably win that 4 or 5 if it stays 11 vs 11.

Annoying.

You can see Barisic is quality. That delivery for the 2nd goal. :cool:

Goldson is class. Shagger spreads confidence throughout the team. Coulibally is a beast. Flanagan is solid. And that's how we look at the minute; solid, organised, tough.

You're confident that even with 10 men we're not going to give them any chances and that we're going to be able to manage the game and see it out.

Thursday night will be the biggest test of us yet though. Let's focus everything we've got now on getting through that one and getting one step closer to the Europa League Group Stage.

I still canny believe Ross's stupidity and carelessness today!

Is he a bit of a numbskull?

Anyone know him personally or know someone close to him?

Thank %^*& we won today or young Ross would have a very hard time from the fans,sadly hes a young boy still learning his trade and will learn from todays mistake.

Are you thick?

Is there really any need for the mud slinging, throwing insults about when I never said anything derogatory about you. Good job for you it's on a message board and not to my face.

You don't like McKay, I get it. It the double standards I can't stand and the way you try and twist things to suit your point of view.

Yes McKay had a very good season in the Championship, that's a given. But the next season was his first in the top flight and regardless of the fact he had played in front of the Ibrox crowd that would still be fairly daunting for a young player of his age. In fact his previous good season in the Championship probably went against him.

As soon as he misplaced a pass or lost the ball the boo boys were instantly on his back. He was the whipping boy and if he didn't skin 4 men and set up a goal he was pish, garbage and all the rest of it. Some fans expected him to fly into tackles and he got the heart of a mouse insults as well.

Maybe, just maybe, if he was encouraged instead of berated by the crowd he wouldn't have retreated into his shell and developed as a player. In the same way I hope the crowd encourage the 2 Liverpool lads instead of getting on their backs as you alluded to in your original post.

As for what I said about his contract offer, I stand by it. I hear snippets of info and I have already contacted one of the admin to tell him where I hear this info. It might not be bang on but it's not pure fantasy. He was low balled, no doubt about it, compared to what some others were being offered.

There was no need for his public outburst but it's fairly common knowledge that things were pretty chaotic behind the scenes during Pedro's time. He probably felt hard done to but he should have kept his thoughts private.

I would love to have seen McKay work under a manager like SG, especially with the better players now at the club. He might not have fancied him as a player either but I reckon he could have been the manager to bring out the undoubted natural talent that McKay has.

You will have noticed that I've put my point of view across without calling you thick or questioning your ability to log on, it's nice to be nice.

None of us doubted that we'd win comfortably, even with 10 men. That in itself is significant progress on last year.

Last edited:
As it's the match thread,
I was surprised at st boos attitude with us down to ten.
I kept waiting for the big push to get a goal.
They seemed happy to keep a back four with cover in case we countered.

Is there really any need for the mud slinging, throwing insults about when I never said anything derogatory about you. Good job for you it's on a message board and not to my face.

You don't like McKay, I get it. It the double standards I can't stand and the way you try and twist things to suit your point of view.

Yes McKay had a very good season in the Championship, that's a given. But the next season was his first in the top flight and regardless of the fact he had played in front of the Ibrox crowd that would still be fairly daunting for a young player of his age. In fact his previous good season in the Championship probably went against him.

As soon as he misplaced a pass or lost the ball the boo boys were instantly on his back. He was the whipping boy and if he didn't skin 4 men and set up a goal he was pish, garbage and all the rest of it. Some fans expected him to fly into tackles and he got the heart of a mouse insults as well.

Maybe, just maybe, if he was encouraged instead of berated by the crowd he wouldn't have retreated into his shell and developed as a player. In the same way I hope the crowd encourage the 2 Liverpool lads instead of getting on their backs as you alluded to in your original post.

As for what I said about his contract offer, I stand by it. I hear snippets of info and I have already contacted one of the admin to tell him where I hear this info. It might not be bang on but it's not pure fantasy. He was low balled, no doubt about it, compared to what some others were being offered.

There was no need for his public outburst but it's fairly common knowledge that things were pretty chaotic behind the scenes during Pedro's time. He probably felt hard done to but he should have kept his thoughts private.

I would love to have seen McKay work under a manager like SG, especially with the better players now at the club. He might not have fancied him as a player either but I reckon he could have been the manager to bring out the undoubted natural talent that McKay has.

You will have noticed that I've put my point of view across without calling you thick or questioning your ability to log on, it's nice to be nice.

You’re spreading fiction instead of facts and trying to negate my argument with a simple “we get, we know you don’t like McKay”, as though it’s based on nothing more than a personal and unrational dislike of the player, so yes there is a need for it. It’s been said on here by those reliable sources that he was offered a very fair contract.

You got it wrong about McKay, he had a season of plaudits so he wasn’t always a target, in fact it was quite the opposite. He became a target when he stopped trying, which is fine because players who don’t even have the decency to try a leg are fair game. The criticism was for being lazy, not for being shite.

But this is all completely irrelevant, the bottom line is it bears no resemblance whatsoever to the current situations of Kent and Ejaria, none at all which made your initial argument completely pointless. It just smacked of a desperate dig because of a grudge you’ve held onto since way back when I told you McKay wasn’t up to much because of his work rate and attitude. Sadly for you, I was proven right and in fact most who backed him will now admit they got it wrong, I can only assume he’s a personal friend or family relative of yours, or you just hate being wrong. Buy hey, you win some you lose some.

2zje6p3.jpg

You’re spreading fiction instead of facts and trying to negate my argument with a simple “we get, we know you don’t like McKay”, as though it’s based on nothing more than a personal and unrational dislike of the player, so yes there is a need for it. It’s been said on here by those reliable sources that he was offered a very fair contract.

You got it wrong about McKay, he had a season of plaudits so he wasn’t always a target, in fact it was quite the opposite. He became a target when he stopped trying, which is fine because players who don’t even have the decency to try a leg are fair game. The criticism was for being lazy, not for being shite.

But this is all completely irrelevant, the bottom line is it bears no resemblance whatsoever to the current situations of Kent and Ejaria, none at all which made your initial argument completely pointless. It just smacked of a desperate dig because of a grudge you’ve held onto since way back when I told you McKay wasn’t up to much because of his work rate and attitude. Sadly for you, I was proven right and in fact most who backed him will now admit they got it wrong, I can only assume he’s a personal friend or family relative of yours, or you just hate being wrong. Buy hey, you win some you lose some.

Well let's all bow down to your superior knowledge, in fact why don't we just scrap this board and ask you to tell us everything we need to know about Rangers.

No relation or personal friend, just a player I liked. As I said earlier a manager like SG might have got the best out of him. As for his attitude, the reason I linked McKay to your original point was to do with his attitude. You say he was't trying a leg. I don't wear that, I think he retreated into his shell because of the abuse he received if he made a mistake. That was connected to your original point about the crowd and young players.

I have no personal grudge with you, in fact I really couldn't give a f^*k about you, but I do have a problem with posters like you that talk down to other people and think they are some sort of cut above anybody else.

As for being wrong about McKay he's currently playing in a league that's of a higher standard than ours so he can't be that bad.

Great win for this Rangers side in adversity. Barišić looks excellent. Goldson was immense. Flanagan and Katić solid once again. Shagger a steadying influence at the back. Ejaria grew into the game and Coulibally really looks the part. Wee Alfredo put in a brilliant shift. Ross McCrorie was playing well early on and will learn from that. We're looking good bears.

11 vs. 11 and we flatten them today.

Even with 10 men had we seen a bit more quality in terms of final ball/delivery/better decision making, it would have been 4 or 5.

That's my only concern - our final ball is poor. Still, it's only August and we are a new team.

Goldson and Katić continue to be immense, as does Coulibaly - who was hit left right and centre and just gets on with it. Nearing 90 minutes and he's still making Yaya Toure runs with the ball.

Barišić was solid and unlucky to pick up a yellow which resulted in him being substituted. His delivery on the ball or from a set piece is bloody outstanding and he's quick. Hopefully we can read his delivery as he's could get us a shed load of assists.

Fought and battled hard with 10 men and didn't give them a sniff.

Another fantastic team performance and result.

You joking ? The balls kent and barasic put in the box outstanding. The quality is there, it's the finishing or players willing to gamble that's not.

Well let's all bow down to your superior knowledge, in fact why don't we just scrap this board and ask you to tell us everything we need to know about Rangers.

No relation or personal friend, just a player I liked. As I said earlier a manager like SG might have got the best out of him. As for his attitude, the reason I linked McKay to your original point was to do with his attitude. You say he was't trying a leg. I don't wear that, I think he retreated into his shell because of the abuse he received if he made a mistake. That was connected to your original point about the crowd and young players.

I have no personal grudge with you, in fact I really couldn't give a f^*k about you, but I do have a problem with posters like you that talk down to other people and think they are some sort of cut above anybody else.

As for being wrong about McKay he's currently playing in a league that's of a higher standard than ours so he can't be that bad.

McKay is pish, he's got a bit of pace and sometimes puts in a good ball. He looked good in a shite rangers team.

Charlie Adam made it to a "better" league than ours and he is pish. Not really a good argument on your part.

McKay is pish, he's got a bit of pace and sometimes puts in a good ball. He looked good in a shite rangers team.

Charlie Adam made it to a "better" league than ours and he is pish. Not really a good argument on your part.

All about opinions mate, which is fine, supporters will disagree about players all the time. There's no need for the insults though.

Back