Rangers Women Season 21/22

Respectfully disagree, always good to have more numbers and another centre mid wouldn’t go amiss but I don’t think we’re a long way off competing at all. Celtic haven’t strengthened, infact they’ve become weaker in my opinion, Glasgow City will be the real test but they continue to lose their experienced winners and if we can get a rhythm going like we did prior to the shutdown we’ll be fine.
Agree with this.

Celtic struggled past a pretty poor Hearts side at the weekend and their new signings aren't at the same level as Rangers who are signing full internationals.

Hearing Glasgow Citys new manager will be Tanya Oxtoby who has just stepped down from Bristol City.

Now 5-0 for Man Utd. The Utd team look fitter, faster and are a lot more skilled at this level.

I just hope the game tonight is as one-sided (in our favour of course):))

How much cash are we pumping into the girls team?
The coach must be under some pressure, we don't look fit or organized.

That's what I meant, Tom is always looking for positives (I like his commentary), but he was struggling there, good experience, benchmark etc.
We should at least be as fit as Man U if we're full time?
That was a hard watch.
Sorry, I misunderstood :D . I also thought the Rangers coach had a hard shift. It sounded as though he was having to motivate each player as the ball entered their area. Again like Tom he was very generous with his praise/support, but I suppose it would be too easy to wreck the players' confidence:(

Anyhow, on to the main feature :D

Sorry, I misunderstood :D . I also thought the Rangers coach had a hard shift. It sounded as though he was having to motivate each player as the ball entered their area. Again like Tom he was very generous with his praise/support, but I suppose it would be too easy to wreck the players' confidence:(

Anyhow, on to the main feature :D

I'd be looking at the coach tbh, we look unfit with no game plan, no attacking threat.
No idea if he's any good, or maybe it's our recruitment, but if we're going to do it, we can do better than this I think ?

Won't do them any harm to get a thumping.Shows them what a level up is.

Now 5-0 for Man Utd. The Utd team look fitter, faster and are a lot more skilled at this level.

I just hope the game tonight is as one-sided (in our favour of course):))

Today was an interesting barometer of where the women's team are at in comparison to the top English Women's sides.

I think the Rangers women's strength and conditioning could go up a level or two.

Even Tom on commentary's struggling to find a positive on this performance.
Looks like amateurs v pros, maybe it is ?
We are not 'amateurs'. Missed tonight's game but in terms of standing of the respective teams in Womens Football I think its fair to say, just like last week against Chelsea, its a bit of a mismatch. Men against boys - or women against girls if you prefer. We've a long way to go to get to the standard in the English top flight and this will have no bearing on how we do in Scotland. They say you get better playing against better teams. I hope so.

As far as I’m aware the £1.2m covers the entire club costs, including the girls programme.

Obviously the majority goes on the first team but the costs of running the youth’s is included in that budget.

The Levels and finances between professional teams in England and Scotland will be night and day to be honest.

England has a strong, competitive league whereas up here there is us, Glasgow city and them and then amateurs. Won’t happen the team trying to push themselves to the next level

Fixtures were released today for the new SWPL season, August will see the League Cup group stage played before the league kicks off with a home game against Forfar.

Notable ties are Glasgow City on 17th October, 6th February and 8th May, and Celtic on 7th November, 27th February and 15th May which is the final day of the season.

Who is interested in this piss a waste of a million pounds a year

The Levels and finances between professional teams in England and Scotland will be night and day to be honest.

England has a strong, competitive league whereas up here there is us, Glasgow city and them and then amateurs. Won’t happen the team trying to push themselves to the next level
England didn't always have that though. Its taken time to build it up.

The main issue up here is the game really needs professionals running the League. SWF has done its bit but it is time it was passed into an organisation who can take the game to the next level.

The Barclays deal in England is worth £10million per annum to the WSL, I have it on fairly good authority SWF are trying to sell our game for around £20,000 which is just mental. The TV deal is also horrendous for the top division clubs - the live BBC Internet stream (one per week) is given away for nothing for a start and ALBA have first pick on something like 13 games over the year. That essentially means any other broadcaster who may offer something better probably wont get the games they went.

To be honest the commercial side is a complete mess. And that is before you get into SWF not even applying its own rules, the ludicrous decision to leave the 2nd top tier with 7 teams, letting every women and their dog team into the Championship....

That'd be over £50k a year each for every player and coach. I doubt they're on as much as that though - aren't some still part time?
That covers the full academy, ie the girls players don't have to pay fees etc.

Bear in mind the 1st Team have a manager, assistant manger, coach, physio, GK Coach all full time. Then a Head of Girls and Womens Football who is full time.
Plus the 1st team squad players all on something between £18k - £25k I would imagine.

Then you have coaches paid at every age group - it adds up very, very quickly.

I watched the "highlights" of the Man utd game this morning.
When I say highlights it was really just the build up and scoring of the 5 Man Utd goals.

Did we really offer absolutely nothing in this game in an attacking sense?

I watched the "highlights" of the Man utd game this morning.
When I say highlights it was really just the build up and scoring of the 5 Man Utd goals.

Did we really offer absolutely nothing in this game in an attacking sense?
Very little, not a total surprise the difference in quality is quite large, similar to the distance between us and other sides in the SWPL.

Only ‘positive’ is it would likely have been 8+ a couple of years ago!

Trouble?
Go on then.
‘Do you know who I am’ kind of behaviour while in town in full Rangers kit.

Also heard a story about how she complained to the club for weeks she needed a new headboard (calm down bears), because it was so uncomfortable when she was sleeping, turned out she had her bed up against a fireplace.

‘Do you know who I am’ kind of behaviour while in town in full Rangers kit.

Also heard a story about how she complained to the club for weeks she needed a new headboard (calm down bears), because it was so uncomfortable when she was sleeping, turned out she had her bed up against a fireplace.
Christ.
Well, we're best rid of her irrespective what she looks like.

Cheers.

This game is available on RangersTV for £3.49 as well.

The Rangers Women v Aberdeen Women match on Wednesday (25 Aug, 1930hrs) is now available for purchase from RangersTV. The match is also available to Unlimited subscribers as part of their subscription package. Do NOT Login before attempting to purchase the match. The purchase process will take you through Login. The link below will take you to the purchase page.

NOTE: RangersTV purchases have to be made via the website NOT the App.

Back