Archive Rangers Women Season 22/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that official? Doesn't sit very well within the One Club philosophy...
Is this not also how the youth team is ran too?

That way they ring fence the Rangers Lotto funds for that and any youth players sales get reinvested back into them?

Rangers Women's board is separating from the main club board and will be responsible for it's own funding. So will be interesting to see where Rangers Women gets its cash from, moving forward.
They have their own sponsors and TV deal. Obviously a pittance compared to the mens team but they at least have an income stream.

Maybe try and push more ST sales this year?

Is this not also how the youth team is ran too?

That way they ring fence the Rangers Lotto funds for that and any youth players sales get reinvested back into them?
Don’t believe that’s the case.

Rangers Lotto is just a way of generating money that can only be spent by the academy.

I imagine the academy’s budget is way bigger than the funding brought in via Rangers Lotto.

I think it's a good idea for the Women's team to have it's own board, who are dedicated to improving the Women's side of the club.

I would guess/hope that they are in charge of their own budget, but still get given a competitive amount of cash from the men's side. They are then responsible for spending that money, plus they "keep" any money genenerated separately to spend on the Women's side.

This would give them incentive to increase/explore their own finance generation. Allowing some growth towards self sufficiency in the long term, whilst not throwing them to the wolves in the short term.

It seems celtc have sold out their North Stand allocation and are now selling tickets for the East Stand.
Hopefully we are selling plenty of tickets for this.

Finally back after a weeks ban,To go back to the weekends match, our tactics second half against Glasgow were absolutely abysmal, We deserved nothing from that game and to finish 3rd in a 3 horse race is nothing short of embarrassing.

When you heard that the bernadettes had scored a 2nd the title was over so it filled me with much joy when the glasgow striker unopposed put the ball in the net to clinch the title and the fall out from the other half since then has been brilliant.

Since Sunday it has been announced that Malky is moving back to the youth set up, is he better suited there ?? because tactically he made an absolute arse of this season.

He seems a really decent guy and good luck to him in his new role, we now have to be forward thinking in our search for a new manager.

Oh and Suck your the moron if you think that those guys who have been calling for Malkys head for months are wrong, someone at the club agrees with us.

Player of the year awards were a bit of a joke also, no way Brogan Hay has been player of the year, she started the season well, but has done very little in the past 4 months, shes becoming very very lazy, one of the youngsters deserved it or Mclauchlan for her consistency but no one really stood out this season.

Onto Sunday lets win the cup and shut little rat face up giving them a barren season, good luck on Sunday girls.

Hopefully after tonights game the Club promote and push sales for Sunday.

Seems the other lot as things stand are going to outnumber us substantially.
I think there is a massive sense of apathy in the support just now.

If we were going for a 5th treble in such a space of time the mood would be completely different and people wouldn't be able to get enough of all things Rangers

Woah, that’s big news. Was that announced anywhere?
I’ve not seen anything at all on this other than the post on this thread. Can’t think that would happen. I think rangers see big opps for the women’s team in the coming years - especially from sponsorship

I’ve not seen anything at all on this other than the post on this thread. Can’t think that would happen. I think rangers see big opps for the women’s team in the coming years - especially from sponsorship
I haven't heard anything about that either but its possible the poster was meaning there will be a separate football board for the women's side of the club, that still reports to the main RIFC board. Just like at the moment there is the RFC board and then the RIFC board.

SWPL just realised all their stats for top scorer, tackler etc and Rangers don't feature in 1 of them. No wonder we finished 3rd:

Some of this is down to the fact we rotate a hell of a lot more than other sides.

We had the best overall defensive record in the league, yet we have played 7 different players at CB this season.

For GK stats, Jenna Fife had 16 clean sheets in 20 starts and Vic had 10 in 12 starts. Put that together and it's better than Celtic's keeper individual stat.

Kirsty Howat only started 19 games in the league, but scored 20 something goals. In minutes to goals ratio we had four players in the top 6.

Some of this is down to the fact we rotate a hell of a lot more than other sides.

We had the best overall defensive record in the league, yet we have played 7 different players at CB this season.

For GK stats, Jenna Fife had 16 clean sheets in 20 starts and Vic had 10 in 12 starts. Put that together and it's better than Celtic's keeper individual stat.

Kirsty Howat only started 19 games in the league, but scored 20 something goals. In minutes to goals ratio we had four players in the top 6.
Fair point.

Still think we should be signing Davidson from City though!

Yeah it was nice of Rangers to bother their arse and send out an email advertising the game today
Yes got the email. Why aren’t they bothering? I was wondering if they were focussed on trying to sell hearts tickets first for the last home game but surely we can be promoting two matches at the one time.

Reactions: GF1
Unfortunately City are better structured, better organised, use what little budget they have (by comparison to rangers) better, they think outside the box and have very little financial wastage. Like you say, they don't have a men's team. Their sole focus is on the women. If Rangers really want to develop the women's team they could learn a few things from them

Unfortunately City are better structured, better organised, use what little budget they have (by comparison to rangers) better, they think outside the box and have very little financial wastage. Like you say, they don't have a men's team. Their sole focus is on the women. If Rangers really want to develop the women's team they could learn a few things from them

It’s a myth that City have a small budget in comparison to us and them.

City were spending fortunes winning league titles when they had no competition back in the day as well because they were trying to compete in the champions league, players like Jess Fishlock weren’t up here for free.

Any tips for parking tomorrow. Given that they are likely to have a much bigger support than us, I don't want to expose my Granddaughter to any more of their shite than is necessary. Can't see anything on the official site.

Any tips for parking tomorrow. Given that they are likely to have a much bigger support than us, I don't want to expose my Granddaughter to any more of their shite than is necessary. Can't see anything on the official site.
It shouldn't be any problem parking in Mount Florida tomorrow.

You're very unlikely to see any beasts.

Does anyone have an idea of the number of tickets sold for tomorrow?
Hope I'm wrong but I think the middens have sold a lot more.

Earlier in the thread someone stated they have sold out their stand and have started on another one.

Our website has "very good" availability for our allocation.

Anyone thinking of going, tickets are available at the west stand ticket kiosk from 12pm tomorrow.

Hope I'm wrong but I think the middens have sold a lot more.

Earlier in the thread someone stated they have sold out their stand and have started on another one.

Our website has "very good" availability for our allocation.

Anyone thinking of going, tickets are available at the west stand ticket kiosk from 12pm tomorrow.
I bought my ticket about 3 weeks ago but there was zero marketing from the club until this week.

I think it’s fair to say it’s been a tough watch at times this season but at least we have a chance today to finish on a high with another trophy.

We will need to defend high balls better than we have in the past against this mob and hopefully we can turn dominating possession into creating and scoring goals at the other end.

Play well Girls but more importantly…..just Win.

I take it the UB aren't in attendance either today?

Just seen them advertise they are taking part in a charity tournament so guessing they will be limited numbers at best at Hampden

Mount Florida,Cathcart or around Queens Park.
There won’t be any of them as they will be at the opposite of Hampden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back