Archive Rangers Women Season 22/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was she really though, she’s not exactly a young girl and isn’t better than Nic Doc at left back for me.

We were right to move her and a couple of others on, they had big egos and their careers haven’t exactly progressed since leaving.
The only ones that seem to be successful are Reilly and Westrup at Palace and Sunderland.

Brownlie is doing well for Hearts but that's probably her level

Was she really though, she’s not exactly a young girl and isn’t better than Nic Doc at left back for me.

We were right to move her and a couple of others on, they had big egos and their careers haven’t exactly progressed since leaving.

She's a far better player than McLauglan though.

I'd have Vance and Nic Doc as the full backs every time as a choice from those three.

I'd have Vance and Nic Doc as the full backs every time as a choice from those three.

Not sure I agree on that to be honest.

If you have both of them you’re relying on a left footed player playing right back as well.

If you have both of them you’re relying on a left footed player playing right back as well.
she's twice the player Mclaughlan is, id go as far as she is far better than Nic Doc also. But i do agree with you her large ego made her believe she was better than she is and it was her loss moving on.

Never felt it was a problem for ND really. It's not entirely obvious which he preferred foot is when she's playing right back.

Almost like Steven Whittaker in that sense (though Nic can defend!)

Although she was done for pace against Benfica, McLaughlan's had a good season defensively - especially against Celtic and Glasgow City. Nolfe does, though, look the better player going forward.

I don't see where Vance would fit in. She's not a RB and she's not going to displace Docherty.

How do we know demi had a big ego ?

I rated her as our best player prior to leaving. We haven’t missed her though - but tbh in our league we wouldn’t. Mccauchlan is class - I rate her highly. Good enough to play in midfield for me.

How do we know demi had a big ego ?

I rated her as our best player prior to leaving. We haven’t missed her though - but tbh in our league we wouldn’t. Mccauchlan is class - I rate her highly. Good enough to play in midfield for me.

It’s no secret certain players made rather big unreasonable demands from the club to stay after winning the league and deemed themselves to be better than the club, there was a group of players who tried to unsettle the changing room as well blaming Malky for things etc.

She’s also 31 years old, she’s not a young player in the women’s game at all.

It’s no secret certain players made rather big unreasonable demands from the club to stay after winning the league and deemed themselves to be better than the club, there was a group of players who tried to unsettle the changing room as well blaming Malky for things etc.

She’s also 31 years old, she’s not a young player in the women’s game at all.
Ok - wasn’t aware of the events following the league win. We are in a strange position where I think we have a squad which should really win every game up here. However there’s not many of them who would get a gig in the top 20 teams down south.

Ok - wasn’t aware of the events following the league win. We are in a strange position where I think we have a squad which should really win every game up here. However there’s not many of them who would get a gig in the top 20 teams down south.
Kirsten Reilly is doing well in the top half of the Championship with Palace. So that's the benchmark, I think.

Kirsten Reilly is doing well in the top half of the Championship with Palace. So that's the benchmark, I think.
Think she’s got a player of the month. Seen occasional highlights online of palace - but doesn’t feature much. She’s got the physicality to survive in that league and will have a good career. Im not sure she was given enough credit for her passing range - which was decent. Lacked a wee bit of pace and could have been fitter. Her style of play wasn’t really suited to playing against the old ‘low block!’ - hence her wage demands weren’t needed to be met. Fair enough for all concerned.

25 minutes gone and still 0.0 ,Cornet and Kerr need to pick it up in the middle of the park,Hay has been awful as well.

Our midfield is the one area that could be consistently improved.

The attacking options have always been decent and they've improved the defence massively.

There's little to no creative spark aside from Brogan. It's all very industrial.

Hill has been our best player by a mile. Think the subs will make the difference in this game, we have really lacked quality in the wide positions

Very disappointing performance. Completely dominated possession but lacked structure and creativity. Cornet was quite quiet and would have hoped kerr would have been playing our front 3 in but she was well off it this afternoon. Hesitant of being too critical of liz/howat/hay cause our midfield and cavanagh were so poor. Body language of our players needs to improve - they didn’t believe they could score in those last 30 mins. Everyone looked a bit anxious and frustrated. We need to be better than that.

When teams are well organised we don’t have the creativity or cutting edge up front to open them up. Every game where we have dropped points this season we have absolutely dominated.

Reoccurring theme under this manager

Our patient possession style of football does not create enough chances against the better teams. It’s not so different to GIO’s horseshoe style. It takes an eternity before we get a cross in when we go wide and invariably even if it’s not too long we don’t have bodies in the box attacking it. Like our men the system is very dependent on the lone striker linking play bringing others in and scoring their fair share of goals. Jane Ross has been a massive miss particularly against the better teams.

Just seen the score from today. I know Hearts are probably best of the rest outwith the top 3 but still disappointing. Big gap now and really need to win every game to have a chance of winning the league.

Watching Rangers ladies at half time with Middag miked up, what happened to Zoe Ness? Has she left or is she just long term injured as I can’t see anything online about her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back