Archive Rangers Women Season 22/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
What type of transfer fee’s could Rangers expect for some these players?
With the money Sky putting into the English women’s football could Rangers benefit from this?

We could, and probably should, have hit double figures today.

Nice to see a good few of the youngsters get some time on the pitch though.

The scoreline suggests another routine win, and in many respects it was, but when you consider the starting line up and the later introductions of the girls from the Academy, it was a really strong performance and augers well for the future of what is still a developing squad.

What was the average age of the eleven that finished? Everyone of those young girls who started and/or came on did well.

Laura Berry was a tad over-eager otherwise she would have had her first senior goal.

Berry just trying too hard to impress

Ferguson at the back looks assured and unfazed

Ini makes it 5
Ferguson’s a fantastic player, was a midfielder until she signed for Rangers last year and they started playing her at the back.

The intention is for her to become a full international, left footed centre backs are rare so that’s why they told her they’d like to move her back.

Ferguson’s a fantastic player, was a midfielder until she signed for Rangers last year and they started playing her at the back.

The intention is for her to become a full international, left footed centre backs are rare so that’s why they told her they’d like to move her back.

Was v impressed with her
Ball playing CB
Perfect for that league

A Celtic win brings Rangers back into the reckoning for the League title. They'd need to win all games, but not beyond the realms of possibility.

Ferguson looked tremendous. Thats a huge score at half time in the mutant game, would leave us 6 behind Glasgow with us still to play them twice.

Ferguson looked tremendous. Thats a huge score at half time in the mutant game, would leave us 6 behind Glasgow with us still to play them twice.
Yup, we have to play City twice and Celtic once. City have another game against Celtic as well as the two games against us. Celtic have us once and City once, so probably the easier run-in. Plenty room for change yet though.

It's probably beyond us though I fear. Let's just win on Wednesday and take it from there. Celtic away to Hearts, which is probably the toughest game outside the big three, so fingers crossed.

Last edited:
gn16.png

Its as simple as this now ...we have to win 7 league games on the bounce and we will regain the title.
True but a massive challenge. Yes, we played some tidy stuff, zipped the ball about well and looked to pick up runners going beyond what we egg-chasers call, "the gain line". It worked and but for some good saves and a few howlers we could've put 10 on Thistle today.

I missed most of the City game but - looking at the last 20 minutes - both them and the Yahoos are stronger, more physical sides than we are and that's going to be the challenge.

Is there any truth to it? I watched on Alba stream and didn’t hear anything suggesting that.
Not sure about the sectarian comments etc but they were definitely on the park at half time and I believe also stole a flag off a young Thistle supporter that one of the tv crew had to go and take back off them.

Is there any truth to it? I watched on Alba stream and didn’t hear anything suggesting that.
About ten wee nuggets,average age about eleven,reckoned that the way to support our ladies team was to sing The men behind the wire and a place called Gib :rolleyes:
Halftime the kids were having a kick about and a wee Partick fan had a flag which one of the rockets took off him.A minute later the wee guy got his flag back.
*Laughable/hardly newsworthy/cringeworthy-delete as appropriate.
Meanwhile 150 Rangers fans of all ages,attended to support the team.

Well done ladies.

Couldn’t watch yesterday, so had to settle for updates on here and on twitter.

Strong end to the season with the integration of some academy prospects, is all we can really ask for just now.

Ball blasted off Berrys hand from 2 yards away
Foul given

Earlier Watson breaking into box, tripped - no foul

This twat will be doing top league games soon
He was a disgrace yesterday. The trip was as blatant as you will likely see. He’s right behind it and waved play on. Corrupt cu*t.

That "group" have only appeared at Broadwood in the past couple of months and have by all accounts been a pain in the arse.
My hunch is that they are all wee guys who see what the UB do and probably can't do that at Ibrox together and its easy and cheap enough for them to go to a women's game.

The club may have to start having a rule that you can only attend with a parent because the majority of the group are quite young.

That is a surprise. For me, it weakens the team. On the other hand, maybe it’s time we tried something different in these ‘big’ games. It’s not the change I’d have made though.
Agreed - though Nolf is a tidy player with a better turn of pace than Docherty. But doesn't provide the same robustness.

Going without real width, too, but beefing up the midfield is a bit meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back