Archive Rangers Women Season 22/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have watched a few games this season and think the younger girls coming through are better than the regulars. Hopefully that bodes well for the future.
As an aside, i don't understand people saying they don't care because i want a Rangers team to win at anything they are competing in.
U18 team are absolutely dominant and we are very well represented at national age groups.

What that turns into, who knows.

Same with any academy.

Thanks to all of those who’ve made this a fantastic thread during an ultimately disappointing season. I’ve watched a bit more women’s football this year - and loads of the Rangers women’s team - not through some notion of virtue signalling, but because I love watching football. Stick a Rangers badge on it and I’m in.

For those who feel the need to enlighten us that women’s football is shite: many thanks. Guess what though? We know it’s not as good as men’s football or under 8s football or whatever hilarious comparison you can make. If you want, you could stop posting those messages - we get it - and leave us to enjoy a thread that follows, supports and encourages women playing football at all levels.
Great post mate

Yeah brilliant move for her, had heard that this was potentially happening. I just genuinely don’t think she’s at that level but I hope she proves me wrong.
If you watch some of her Rangers performances you'd think this. OTOH she gets lots of praise playing for Scotland and has had some excellent games for the national team.

Pedro plays her deeper and her remit seems to be to disrupt play and, as a bonus, win the ball back. And she executes that well.

Good luck to her. It's a dream move.

Possibly to ensure we didn’t risk losing out on any fee?

I was mystified she didn’t start but it could be that simple. Or the player herself didn’t want to jeopardise the move.
Malky said post game that she was injured and couldn't play.

Don't know why she was out warming up and on the bench if she was injured tho.

Good move for her. She has a bit of pace and running power which really stood out in our team. Will be badly missed.

We most certainly need an upgrade on Cornet now that Kerr is away.

MacLean will feature regularly now but we need a bit more of an attacking threat in the middle. We've lacked it for years.

Even when Kirsten Reilly was there (and a better player than Cornet) everything moved so slowly.

Thanks to all of those who’ve made this a fantastic thread during an ultimately disappointing season. I’ve watched a bit more women’s football this year - and loads of the Rangers women’s team - not through some notion of virtue signalling, but because I love watching football. Stick a Rangers badge on it and I’m in.

For those who feel the need to enlighten us that women’s football is shite: many thanks. Guess what though? We know it’s not as good as men’s football or under 8s football or whatever hilarious comparison you can make. If you want, you could stop posting those messages - we get it - and leave us to enjoy a thread that follows, supports and encourages women playing football at all levels.
Many just pissed at the way it ended.
This season, they won the League Cup? and last season won the league.
The end to this season especially was so disappointing.
It was like they just suddenly ran out of momentum, and energy.
They will come again.
Hopefully with a more dynamic coach.

We most certainly need an upgrade on Cornet now that Kerr is away.

MacLean will feature regularly now but we need a bit more of an attacking threat in the middle. We've lacked it for years.

Even when Kirsten Reilly was there (and a better player than Cornet) everything moved so slowly.

you'd think Middag would sit, Maclean would box to box and that means we need an attacking midfielder to get a good return of goals from

unless there is to be a change in formation
with Ross and Howatt - might be worth going 4-4-2/4-2-4 and go with 2 wide players in the ilk of Hay

What a fantastic move for Sam Kerr. She has a brilliant engine and hope she does well. I hope we can replace her with someone similar. I know we have lots of young talent so perhaps a few more of them can break through.

I thought we missed Kirsten Reilly this year in midfield. Unclear how she done at Crystal Palace this year.

I just listened to the weekly podcast on Rangers Review.
And if, you are, of a nervous disposition, you might you want to give it a miss.
Certainly more than a hint of what may happen going forward.
With also major transition on the cards for the Women's team.

Typically this RR crew have being beating the drum for the club on behalf of the Women's game, but quite literally had no engagement, and no support back.
NO!!
I'm shocked!!!

I believe Ross Wilson was in charge behind the scenes here as well?
Which doesn't surprise me, as this debacle the club finds themselves at with the men and women's teams, has the hallmark of Wilson.All over it!
One again. No forward plan in place.
Was Wilson a high stakes gambler behind the scenes by any chance?

I am so tired of trying to bring attention, how certain people, in high circles, were literally destroying the fabric of our club.From within.When this was brought up, there were many who... would defend these people to the hilt!
And discerning voices were quelled.
Pretty quickly.

Well, now certain individuals. Have finally. Finally.Left the building.
Can we all please just start holding everybody, who is anybody.To full account going forward?
No more gimmes.
Just because of friends of friends.Of friends.Of

Maybe then all can now reunite?
Board.Mgmt.Team.Supporters and build a better future.
If not?

Over to you, Mr Bisgrove!

I just listened to the weekly podcast on Rangers Review.
And if, you are, of a nervous disposition, you might you want to give it a miss.
Certainly more than a hint of what may happen going forward.
With also major transition on the cards for the Women's team.

Typically this RR crew have being beating the drum for the club on behalf of the Women's game, but quite literally had no engagement, and no support back.
NO!!
I'm shocked!!!

I believe Ross Wilson was in charge behind the scenes here as well?
Which doesn't surprise me, as this debacle the club finds themselves at with the men and women's teams, has the hallmark of Wilson.All over it!
One again. No forward plan in place.
Was Wilson a high stakes gambler behind the scenes by any chance?

I am so tired of trying to bring attention, how certain people, in high circles, were literally destroying the fabric of our club.From within.When this was brought up, there were many who... would defend these people to the hilt!
And discerning voices were quelled.
Pretty quickly.

Well, now certain individuals. Have finally. Finally.Left the building.
Can we all please just start holding everybody, who is anybody.To full account going forward?
No more gimmes.
Just because of friends of friends.Of friends.Of

Maybe then all can now reunite?
Board.Mgmt.Team.Supporters and build a better future.
If not?

Over to you, Mr Bisgrove!
Am I the only one who has no idea what this means?

Wish Sam all the best for the future.Maybe not the most technically gifted but she has a great engine and played to suit her strengths will do a top job for Bayern.A great move for her.

Expect a few more to go as well.If we keep EW and KMcC we will need experience and quality upgrades around them.

A number of people called Wilson out as an absolute fraud from very early on.

I'm hopeful that Bennet and Bisgrove had the sort of mentality that the club requires in leadership roles.
And Robertson?
He got a lot of protection.

Let's hope so Bennett and Bisgrove do have the mentality.
But going forward everybody needs to be held accountable.
And possibly that includes the supporters as well?
As patience will be needed, to give all these new players, especially, an opportunity to fit in.
And prove they deserve to be here.

And Robertson?
He got a lot of protection.

Let's hope so Bennett and Bisgrove do have the mentality.
But going forward everybody needs to be held accountable.
And possibly that includes the supporters as well?
As patience will be needed, to give all these new players, especially, an opportunity to fit in.
And prove they deserve to be here.

From Park, maybe.

Wasn't many backing him in the support.

Has a mistake in her and not great at crosses.

I'm guessing it's more a convenience to go with Fife again next season as we need to invest in other positions. We badly need attacking midfielders and forwards

Haha i knew you would.be thinking about me when i posted that. The squad needs gutted , the midfield needs replaced, need to replace Kerr and id get rid of Cornet and Middag.

Agree on Cornet, Middag is too valuable to move on in my opinion, her experience is vital she just needs better players around her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back