Official Rangers Women - Season 23-24

Ah my apologies. Looked at the SWPL website and didn’t realise they played each other twice in the post-split games - unlike the Men’s Team. I didn’t see the tab for May’s fixtures at the top of the page.:rolleyes: Good bit to go yet then.

Best I edit my posts.
I'm hoping they will still be ahead and finish the job v sellik munters on Monday 6th May (hopefully the game will be played at Ibrox).

I'm hoping they will still be ahead and finish the job v sellik munters on Monday 6th May (hopefully the game will be played at Ibrox).
Hopefully it won't be played at Ibrox, do not need the pantomime distraction that will be caused by them like happened last time.

Plus, if we are sticking with Broadwood, we need to have big games there to make lasting memories and encourage more to go.

Outstanding win yesterday, one that I hope fires belief in the team to go and play with a bit more belief and freedom in the run in.

Always a blow not to see young Mia starting, but I believe she is actually still at school part time, so needs her minutes managed still.

Always a blow not to see young Mia starting, but I believe she is actually still at school part time, so needs her minutes managed still.

She is strictly speaking still at school but is on exam leave just now. School effectively finished for her in terms of attending.

Julie Fleeting is horrendous as a co-commentator
For whatever reason, she comes across as not too keen on us.She was spot on about one thing, can't be long before Mia is in the senior Scotland squad and team.From what I've seen of them they badly need someone dynamic like her.Hope we can keep a hold of her for another couple of years before she heads down south or a top European side.Being one of us gives me a little hope of this happening.

For whatever reason, she comes across as not too keen on us.She was spot on about one thing, can't be long before Mia is in the senior Scotland squad and team.From what I've seen of them they badly need someone dynamic like her.Hope we can keep a hold of her for another couple of years before she heads down south or a top European side.Being one of us gives me a little hope of this happening.
It's strange she hasn't been bumped up to the main squad given that both Kirsty McClean and Emma Watson both played for the senior team at a similar age as Mia. She has done well in the under 19s scoring three goals in the last international break.

I think it's Important for the league as well as Rangers that we keep a hold of her . I'm sure the reason she was given a new contract months after signing her first professional contract was to try and stop her head being turned .

She just has that mentality doesn’t she . It’s so obvious so well done to her and her family plus the coaches for putting that and her athletic and skills together into one terrific footballer .

It's strange she hasn't been bumped up to the main squad given that both Kirsty McClean and Emma Watson both played for the senior team at a similar age as Mia. She has done well in the under 19s scoring three goals in the last international break.

I think it's Important for the league as well as Rangers that we keep a hold of her . I'm sure the reason she was given a new contract months after signing her first professional contract was to try and stop her head being turned .
You can’t hold talent back though that wouldn’t be right imo . MacLean and McAulay should move on at the right time and be the players they can be Scotland is not a progressive country

You can’t hold talent back though that wouldn’t be right imo . MacLean and McAulay should move on at the right time and be the players they can be Scotland is not a progressive country

It's just a shame that the transfer fees will be virtually nothing. We seem to have a great womans academy that produces talent.
We reap the benefit of having the girls for a short time in the first team But it would be nice to get decent fees for them so we can reinvest.

agree with that - going down south provides so much more opportunity unfortunately

Scottish football authorities almost appear to actively trying to hold the womens game back as opposed to the English

they schedule games to attract fans i.e. minimise clashes with mens team - we have games at the same time often

having games live on the gibberish channel when there is a BBC Scotland channel right there is madness - its not a garlic sport, its the nations sport

having a donkey national team coach doesn't help either - major tournament exposure always boosts interest - how he stays in a job after failing twice is mental

If you want the Scottish league to grow then you have to try and keep the best players here as long as you can. Mia will move at some point but she is only Seventeen and has plenty of time to move.

Jo Potter has said the same herself about Mia and other young players.Scotland lacks funding but the League has progressed quite a bit in the last five years. 2019 we became Semi Professional ,2020 we became the first club to become full time.

Sky got involved last season but other than sponsoring a cup and showing a handful of games live they don't promote it well. Yesterday's game one of the big games in our league no studio host and no interviews before or after the game.

At least BBC Alba try to give it more coverage though it's ridiculous having it on that channel with commentary in Gaelic.

Should also say Rio Hardy was linked with Manchester United prior to coming to Rangers Jo Potter played a big part in her coming here same with Rachel Rowe.

If you want the Scottish league to grow then you have to try and keep the best players here as long as you can. Mia will move at some point but she is only Seventeen and has plenty of time to move.

Jo Potter has said the same herself about Mia and other young players.Scotland lacks funding but the League has progressed quite a bit in the last five years. 2019 we became Semi Professional ,2020 we became the first club to become full time.

Sky got involved last season but other than sponsoring a cup and showing a handful of games live they don't promote it well. Yesterday's game one of the big games in our league no studio host and no interviews before or after the game.

At least BBC Alba try to give it more coverage though it's ridiculous having it on that channel with commentary in Gaelic.

Should also say Rio Hardy was linked with Manchester United prior to coming to Rangers Jo Potter played a big part in her coming here same with Rachel Rowe.
Never saw that Rio had been linked with Manchester United before coming here.

Gordon Duncan was hosting for Sky yesterday and he does a lot of the Scottish football coverage. Being at the game I didnt see how the game was presented on TV though.

See tbh you have a bare canvas so it if were you deciding would you copy the crap formats and style of the current coverage because I wouldn’t .

I’d like them to be free to form something much much better than that . It’s utter trash . The women should put there own stamp on this one .

Live on BBC Alba Kick-off is at 7.45pm

GLYmpHGW8AAulDE

Jesus!
Just saw the ladies lost tonight as well!
Can this day get any worse?
(don't answer that)
What is going on at the club??
Mentality is huge, at this time of the season, and it's severely lacking right now.
And has been for seasons.
Why??

Recorded the Women and watched after the Dundee game.

Started really well, on the front foot, high press and created some very decent chances. Not taking them proved costly as it meant Hearts slowly worked themselves into the game and gained confidence.

Hearts goal was a shocker for the defence. A long straight punt into the box that we didn’t deal with and a Hearts player first to react to the ball.

No disrespect to Hearts but we had enough of the ball and chances to easily win the game. Howat and Hardy had off nights unfortunately. Rowe can be excellent or as she was tonight frustratingly poor holding onto the ball too long and trying to dribble past one too many Hearts players.

We need to find our shooting boots quickly or it’s going to be another very disappointing finish to the season.

Fair play to Jo Potter. I’ve just watched her post match interview and she called it as it was…without throwing anyone under the bus as such. She stated the game should have been out of sight by half time if we had taken our chances and started to struggle as a consequence.
Could Clement not have been more honest in his post match interview without throwing the players under the bus in a similar vain?

Recorded the Women and watched after the Dundee game.

Started really well, on the front foot, high press and created some very decent chances. Not taking them proved costly as it meant Hearts slowly worked themselves into the game and gained confidence.

Hearts goal was a shocker for the defence. A long straight punt into the box that we didn’t deal with and a Hearts player first to react to the ball.

No disrespect to Hearts but we had enough of the ball and chances to easily win the game. Howat and Hardy had off nights unfortunately. Rowe can be excellent or as she was tonight frustratingly poor holding onto the ball too long and trying to dribble past one too many Hearts players.

We need to find our shooting boots quickly or it’s going to be another very disappointing finish to the season.
I thought after the win on Sunday against Glasgow City and scoring 4, we were going to finish the season with decent wins but alas my thoughts were wide of the mark!

I thought after the win on Sunday against Glasgow City and scoring 4, we were going to finish the season with decent wins but alas my thoughts were wide of the mark!
We really should have recorded a comfortable win last night but the chances tossed away in the 1st half-half came back to haunt us, Two normal quite reliable strikers, Howat and Hardy, had clear cut opportunities with only the keeper to beat but directed several half-hearted strikes straight at the centre of the goal that didn't trouble their keeper in the slightest. In fact, I struggle to recall her being required to make any saves other than the routine during the entire match.

We were unlucky with the Brogan Hay shot that came back off the upright and she was our brightest spark by some distance. Mia Macaulay's injury removed the threat she normally provides but I was surprised Jo didn't start her on the left, or switch her when it was obvious she wasn't really getting the better of the Hearts left back [unlike Brogan who roasted her when she moved to the right].

Sadly, despite the occasional "worldy", Lizzie Arnot is a shadow of the player she's been and I rather think Mia would have been much more productive on that left attacking side had she been able to continue.

The League's not lost but we need our better players to remain fit and/or return from injury if we're to regain the title.

We really should have recorded a comfortable win last night but the chances tossed away in the 1st half-half came back to haunt us, Two normal quite reliable strikers, Howat and Hardy, had clear cut opportunities with only the keeper to beat but directed several half-hearted strikes straight at the centre of the goal that didn't trouble their keeper in the slightest. In fact, I struggle to recall her being required to make any saves other than the routine during the entire match.

We were unlucky with the Brogan Hay shot that came back off the upright and she was our brightest spark by some distance. Mia Macaulay's injury removed the threat she normally provides but I was surprised Jo didn't start her on the left, or switch her when it was obvious she wasn't really getting the better of the Hearts left back [unlike Brogan who roasted her when she moved to the right].

Sadly, despite the occasional "worldy", Lizzie Arnot is a shadow of the player she's been and I rather think Mia would have been much more productive on that left attacking side had she been able to continue.

The League's not lost but we need our better players to remain fit and/or return from injury if we're to regain the title.
The first three games in May will settle the league for me,Hearts at home, Celtic at home followed by Glasgow City away. I think Rachel McLauchlan will be back for those games which will help .

Fair play to Jo Potter. I’ve just watched her post match interview and she called it as it was…without throwing anyone under the bus as such. She stated the game should have been out of sight by half time if we had taken our chances and started to struggle as a consequence.
Could Clement not have been more honest in his post match interview without throwing the players under the bus in a similar vain?
Jo herself was as much to blame as anyone last night for us "struggling", as she put it.

We actually were playing reasonably well, had created a bundle of chances, but nothing stuck up front. But a goal was more than likely to come than not by simple attrition and the chances we were creating.

She then made a triple sub, took off Chelsea, Rio and Howat and it completely killed all energy in the side middle to front. 4 minutes later we conceded and we got hardly any clear cut opportunities after it.

She still had one sub to make and never used it. Brogan had a decent game but was tiring after a nasty knock and Rachel Rowe was abysmal. Either could have come off for Jodi McLeary, who was excellent off the bench against Hibs but for some reason she decided to not make a sub after 60 minutes.

Back