Realistically when will we get back to Ibrox

Agreed. Things are changing daily with this virus, we now have more immunity than originally suspected and experts predicting it will wane out before a vaccine is available. Although undoubtedly more deadly, this virus will go the way many others have before it and disappear imo

Spain deaths are down to a 2 figure number today and we won't be far off a 2 figure number this time next week.

The doom mongers need ignored and life needs to get going again.

It will be done first in Germany & Italy etc and then we will see. We don’t know how this virus is during peak flu season and if it does anything then. Personally I think we will be back September time

Based on people sitting by themselves a stadium can be something like 15% of capacity with social distancing.

There are other combinations which can get it a good bit higher, for example two people sitting together. I think that gets it up to about 25%

However that does not allow for access / egress, getting to and from seats or using the toilets.

No different to public transport to and from work.

Bearing in mind the doom mongers told us all football was finished this year, with or without fans, it was difficult to see it return until well into next year, here we are in May with major leagues started back up, others training and scheduled to return in weeks.

Tourists are being primed for travel again and restrictions gradually being lifted.

Guess my point is, we shouldn’t speculate as to what is going to happen next year when clearly folk have no idea what is really going on.

Guy next to me is a good big guy usually talk away to him. Coughed his way through the Leverkusen game though with no attempt to cover his mouth whatsoever. Could not fùcking believe it and should have told him to pack it in but let's be honest it's a bit awkward. I'd have been thinking this was out of order at the best of times, can't stand folk doing this.

So whilst I want to be back as soon as possible I don't want to be doing everything I can to keep myself right only to then go through that again.

I think the planet is going to need to come to terms with the possibility that there will never be a vaccine, so it’s a case of saying to everyone get back in your normal routine as much as is possible, to answer you question op, I think it will also be into the new year before more people come round to this and things ‘normalise.’
It may be next year but medical opinion is that a rise in the virus plus winter flu could start another lock down so who knows.

If the first round of fixtures is behind closed doors then the reverse fixtures will have to be too.

We are the only club in the country where keeping a safe distance between supporters is impossible. The scum have a half empty ground unless they are playing us and the rest of them could easily keep 10ft between supporters. So with the exception of Ibrox I fail to see the problem for Scottish football.

As for Ibrox I would think enforcing that people wear masks and providing hand sanitisers in frequent locations would see a resumption of supporters attending matches in August. Those at high risk should be discouraged from attending.

We are the only club in the country where keeping a safe distance between supporters is impossible. The scum have a half empty ground unless they are playing us and the rest of them could easily keep 10ft between supporters. So with the exception of Ibrox I fail to see the problem for Scottish football.

As for Ibrox I would think enforcing that people wear masks and providing hand sanitisers in frequent locations would see a resumption of supporters attending matches in August. Those at high risk should be discouraged from attending.
Right, now that you have sorted that problem could you now turn your attention to those who smoke in the toilets.

I’m fearing the worst and can’t see it being this side of the year does anyone think the same
The tims will be in it more than us the way things are going. The day I walk in to Ibrox again will be a very special moment

How would we feel paying season ticket and only attending games after new year? End January. Personally I wouldn't mind paying and ot attending but others might not be too happy and want refunded.

Not sure how to start a poll on here but an interesting one would be Rangers v Celtic early September you have the choice to attend or not.
How many would?

By the end of this year hopefully. I think the Germans will start their 20/21 season with fans which will probably be around September time. It will take longer in Scotland hopefully by October and November.

Its changing constantly and there might be a clearer picture in a months time. An effective treatment might speed the process up.

If I had to guess now, I'd say December 2020 we'll be back.

Will there be a halfway house between closed door games and back to capacity with 51,000? It seems odd to go from one extreme to the other. Could we have say, 5,000 or so in the stadium, spaced out for socially distancing, during Oct/Nov?
Difficulty with enabling a small crowd to attend is how you decide who can come.

With sports team all over the world, you have the concept of the season ticket in some form and turning round and telling some people that they can come and use the ticket they’ve bought to cover a season... but some other group can not attend even though they have paid up front will result in a lot of tension.

Be it a football stadium, rugby stadium, basketball, NFL, ice hockey, athletics.... stadiums layout and ticket allocation to enable partial attendance will be an organizational nightmare.

I personally think next season.I know people are saying December/January that's the middle of flu season.people coughing and spluttering and no fvker knows if it's flu or covd 19

Your normal life pre virus, people need to start be cleaner, are you just going to say fu(k it I ain’t doing anything and staying in like a hermit, I won’t. I will and have been following guidelines but will carry sanitiser with me at all times going anywhere until a vaccine is found , unlike others that I’ve seen , I go out to work and shop once a week but I personally am willing to start living again the way I did pre virus, that’s all I was trying to get at, I know others won’t have the same thoughts as me be each to their own when lockdown stops
It took 80 yrs to find a flu vaccine..

If I had to guess now, I'd say December 2020 we'll be back.

Will there be a halfway house between closed door games and back to capacity with 51,000? It seems odd to go from one extreme to the other. Could we have say, 5,000 or so in the stadium, spaced out for socially distancing, during Oct/Nov?
I actually think having 5k in the stadium would be worse than playing behind closed doors.
We will be back in January unless some vaccine falls out a miracle tree before then

When there's an effective vaccine readily available for this thing.

I think it's going to be further away than people are hoping before things return to semi-normal. Next Winter perhaps?

Dr Doom here.
Mate they don,t have a vaccine to stop the cold or the flu yet.so I won,t put that much hope on a vaccine.

There is not a chance of 50000 people in such close confinement being allowed this year and wont be untill a vaccine is found

I’ll probably be in the minority here but I actually think we’ll be back before the end of the year. Sept/October I reckon we’ll be back. Optimistic loyal.
Just follow the science with this.
We need a vaccine to avoid social distancing.
If we get a vaccine (that will be 18 months at the earliest from now) when they will start to roll it out.
I’d say being optimistic it will be 2 years from now before there is any hope of a full Ibrox.
Anyone saying otherwise isn’t thinking things through.so the start of season 2022-23 we could have a full Ibrox.
If you are expecting a full Ibrox before then can you explain how we achieve that?

There's going to be a point whereby the economy in all businesses can't sustain even social distancing (the effect on people will be worse than the virus itself if it continues).

I reckon it might be nearly back to normal in 2021 and personal responsibility will come to the fore with people starting to assess the risk to themselves of doing certain things socially. I get that the groups more vulnerable to COVID -19 will have more soul searching decisions to make (I am no spring chicken myself) but there is a limit to what we can do restriction wise and for how long.

I dare say we will be keeping an eye out for what happens in Spain and Italy as they open up to tourism again but already their economies are becoming more important than the virus itself. We will go the same way eventually and, just my opinion, 2021 is the latest we will open things up again (almost fully).

I will then have to take responsibility about what actions I need to take regarding restaurants, pubs, football etc. The economy will have to move sooner rather than later and it will be up to individuals to move with it or otherwise (no compulsion either way).

2021 will be a whole new ball game IMO - as near back to normality as we were at the beginning of 2020.

If we get a vaccine (that will be 18 months at the earliest from now) when they will start to roll it out.
I’d say being optimistic it will be 2 years from now before there is any hope of a full Ibrox.
Anyone saying otherwise isn’t thinking things through.so the start of season 2022-23 we could have a full Ibrox.
If you are expecting a full Ibrox before then can you explain how we achieve that?
Depends what reports you read and who you are listening to. The ‘science’ I have been reading the last few days makes me far more optimistic than yourself. The virus may be gone before we even have a vaccine says oxfords top vaccine professor. In all the countries who eased lockdown in April not one has had any rise in new infections, numbers all still declining.

What if there isn’t a vaccine? If governments share the same opinion as yourself it won’t be worth leaving the house.

We are going to have to learn to live without a vaccine as it’s not a guarantee one will be found. A successful track and trace system is one way I which a full Ibrox will be back long before your prediction.

Back