Realistically when will we get back to Ibrox

What happens when no vaccine but its been days, weeks, months with no or a tiny amount of cases ?

Because thats where we are heading to by August.

I just don't see Scotland (or England) risking it until a vaccine is in place or at the very least close to being in place.

If they do & then there's a 2nd wave because of it there will be hell on.

But that puts the responsibility back onto the individual - weigh up the risks and decide if you want to take them.

A non obese 25 yo who lives alone has a very low risk from attending a football match.
The point I was making In my post is does anyone have a spare room ha ha

You get nearly 2,000,000 passenger journeys per day on the tube and believe me there is not a hint of social distancing.

No new cases though.

You don't get 50,000 people all sat within a foot of each other got 90 minutes though.

Appreciate what you're driving at but I just don't see it happening.

As I've just posted if there's a 2nd wave there will be a riot.

My guess would be spring next year as by then they will have been able to assess how the virus spreads during flu season. No way they will let 50000 folk gather together during flu season. Can you imagine sitting next to someone and they are coughing and sputtering. Flu or Coronavirus. You don't know. When figures are gathered for flu season that is when big decisions will be made.

You don't get 50,000 people all sat within a foot of each other got 90 minutes though.

Appreciate what you're driving at but I just don't see it happening.

As I've just posted if there's a 2nd wave there will be a riot.

You don't, but you do get this

0_L.jpg

and this

image.jpg

and this

2B20089800000578-3186134-image-m-6_1438794583281.jpg

2021 is my guess. Anything sooner would be a bonus

rangers and other clubs will need to be innovative with season tickets or else they can prepare for some refunds

You will be waiting years for a vaccine. We have to get on living again. Including watching football.

If vaccine is “years away” (& there’s nothing to say that’s the case or not) then fair enough.

If a vaccine was scheduled to appear next year then there’s no way they will allow football to start up again they will just wait.

Everyone is different but if it was down to me I’d be in the latter camp but I’m pretty cautious by nature anyway:))

I suffer from claustrophobia do you think

If I'm right I don't think they have found a vaccine for SARS and that was 10 years ago.
No vaccine either for being one of them.
No vaccine for SARS which was more like 20 years ago, MERS (10), HIV (35 years)
There is one for Ebola - that took 7 years
Record for a vaccine from scratch is 4 years
I'd say there's fairly strongsupport for the argument that a vaccine is years away

Would fans accept restrictions on some fans attending ?

Over 70s and those with health issues banned - or having to sign a waiver saying they accept the risks of attending ?

This is the approach that should be seriously considered IMHO.

I think it would be tolerated, if some sort of agreement could be reached with broadcasters that season ticket holders who weren't able to attend where allowed to stream free via RTV.

No vaccine for SARS which was more like 20 years ago, MERS (10), HIV (35 years)
There is one for Ebola - that took 7 years
Record for a vaccine from scratch is 4 years
I'd say there's fairly strongsupport for the argument that a vaccine is years away

Vaccines work isnt starting from scratch though.

Would fans accept restrictions on some fans attending ?

Over 70s and those with health issues banned - or having to sign a waiver saying they accept the risks of attending ?

This is the approach that should be seriously considered IMHO.
I’m 31 and I’ve got crohns and due to the medication I’m on I’m currently shielding and I wouldn’t like to think I’d need to sign a waiver to be able to go the football.

Everyone in a similar position to me will be different but personally when fans are allowed back into grounds again I’ll be there.

I’m 31 and I’ve got crohns and due to the medication I’m on I’m currently shielding and I wouldn’t like to think I’d need to sign a waiver to be able to go the football.

Everyone in a similar position to me will be different but personally when fans are allowed back into grounds again I’ll be there.

that’s fine and it would be your choice - same as it wa a in February.

The encouraging thing is that countries that have come out of the lockdown are not showing any signs of a second wave. There are even reports that the virus is starting to weaken which also happened with other covid viruses, the virus mutates into a less deadly strain.

That being said they will not take any chances with crowds attending games. Anything earlier than January would be a bonus.

The encouraging thing is that countries that have come out of the lockdown are not showing any signs of a second wave. There are even reports that the virus is starting to weaken which also happened with other covid viruses, the virus mutates into a less deadly strain.

That being said they will not take any chances with crowds attending games. Anything earlier than January would be a bonus.

Cant see us being back in Ibrox next season.
We will not be able to enter a pub or club until at least September probably later, and that will be under severe restrictions.
This is going to be a long slow process.

I predict football crowds in England will be back by the end of October, that’s not to say Herr Sturgeon will allow that up here

It depends on how long we need to keep social distancing measures. Without full stadiums? I doubt that Rangers would open Ibrox for a smaller number of fans. No reasonable way to do that and satisfy all season ticket holders. It'll be fully open or behind closed doors/webcasting matches. With that in mind, January 2021 at the earliest.

Don't really know the answer to this OP.

One of the main issues is that Covid-19 seems to survive in human waste for a long time and you can't have 50,000 in a stadium with no toilets. This is an issue for bars and restaurants too.

If finances permit, it may be an ideal opportunity to upgrade parts of Ibrox, providing the contractors are able to provide a service with social distancing in mind.

I doubt we’ll be playing in front of crowds in 2020.

Surely the reason cases are dropping quickly is because we’ve been on lockdown??

Exactly, but people are using the drop as a reason to stop the thing which has caused the drop in the first place.

As I have said elsewhere, I will stick to the NHS guidance.

They are the ones who know what they are talking about and have to deal with the situation.

Not a chance.

The current plan in Scotland - 18th June, Pubs and restaurants can open outdoor spaces with physical distancing and increased hygiene routines. 9th July, Pubs and restaurants reopen in indoor spaces with physical distancing and increased hygiene routines.

These are "at the earliest".

The current plan in Scotland - 18th June, Pubs and restaurants can open outdoor spaces with physical distancing and increased hygiene routines. 9th July, Pubs and restaurants reopen in indoor spaces with physical distancing and increased hygiene routines.

These are "at the earliest".

My brewer has told me slightly different. :(
As for opening beer gardens?
Too many rules being laid down for it to work properly.
Extra staff required to basically do table service and toilet areas probably needing monitored.

Bowling clubs, tennis clubs etc can open from this weekend for the use of the playing areas.
20 pages of do's and dont's.
As yet i know of no clubs opening.

So you don't know?
Most closely related viruses are SARS and MERS
Neither has a vaccine
Making the vaccine isnt the time consuming part, it's the testing. You can't just send it out to everyone the second you get a positive result from it, needs to go through progressively large group testing which takes time. Neither SARS nor MERS posed anywhere close to as big a problem as COVID-19, certainly on western countries who are most likely to whip the vaccine up.

My brewer has told me slightly different. :(
As for opening beer gardens?
Too many rules being laid down for it to work properly.
Extra staff required to basically do table service and toilet areas probably needing monitored.

Bowling clubs, tennis clubs etc can open from this weekend for the use of the playing areas.
20 pages of do's and dont's.
As yet i know of no clubs opening.

What’s the latest view from breweries and the licensing trade?

Back