Remove Jock Stein From The Scottish Football Hall Of Fame - Petition

I am sure there was more than just stein involved in the cover up. The directors at the time really need to be exposed for their part in it. And everyone since who have silenced journalists

He's a (unt.

Maybe.

My first memory of him is as the man who replaced Ally MacLoed. I was 5 and had no idea that he was basically the patron saint of Scottish Football. I thought he was a crap manager and he never seemed to pick many Rangers players but that's by the by.

The man has been dead for over 32 years. We will only damage ourselves by pursuing this.

Maybe.

My first memory of him is as the man who replaced Ally MacLoed. I was 5 and had no idea that he was basically the patron saint of Scottish Football. I thought he was a crap manager and he never seemed to pick many Rangers players but that's by the by.

The man has been dead for over 32 years. We will only damage ourselves by pursuing this.

No maybe involved.

Didn't read the rest.

Maybe.

He failed to do the right thing when he didn’t contact the police about crimes against children. The perpetrator of those crimes went on to destroy more lives. Good manager/bad manager is all about opinions. That is a football question.
But as a man he failed in his duty and children suffered and, as adults, they continue to suffer.
He has been shown, posthumously, to have behaved in a way that is less than decent.

He failed to do the right thing when he didn’t contact the police about crimes against children. The perpetrator of those crimes went on to destroy more lives. Good manager/bad manager is all about opinions. That is a football question.
But as a man he failed in his duty and children suffered and, as adults, they continue to suffer.
He has been shown, posthumously, to have behaved in a way that is less than decent.
I don't disagree. I just think it's counter-productive to go after a guy that's been dead 32 years. He's not exactly in a position to offer an explanation.

I'm not defending BJK, i'm more worried about how we are percieved.

Do these petitions on change.com achieve anything? I know the ones on the gov site means they get discussed in parliament after a certain number of signatures.

This strikes me as tit-for-tat over Gazza. The very thing we don't want to get involved in.

Nobody is removing Stein from the hall of fame. He was twice manager of the national team and we can't hide from the fact that he took those cvnts to two European Cup Finals.

This makes us look petty and opens us to accusations of point-scoring.

Stein made an error of judgement in a different time. Does anybody really think he was anything less than a decent human being?

Not really the point, covering up the sexual abuse of young boys must surely come way way above anything he accomplished at club or national level, I think most decent minded individuals would agree with that,we are talking about youngsters here.
By the sound of things you'd be more than happy to let this go, decent human beings don't protect beasts, quite simple really, this has to be followed through to the end for the sake of the individuals affected by the beast Torbett and the subsequent cover up.

Not really the point, covering up the sexual abuse of young boys must surely come way way above anything he accomplished at club or national level, I think most decent minded individuals would agree with that,we are talking about youngsters here.
By the sound of things you'd be more than happy to let this go, decent human beings don't protect beasts, quite simple really, this has to be followed through to the end for the sake of the individuals affected by the beast Torbett and the subsequent cover up.

Of course I'm not happy to let this go.

I just think this particular course of action will backfire.

Stein made an error of judgement in a different time. Does anybody really think he was anything less than a decent human being?

Back in that era there was maybe a reluctance to do anything about child sexual abuse, but back in that era people still had their morals. So I strongly disagree that IF it is proven (if not already) that he actually did know it was happening and allowed it to continue without reporting it then that's not just an error of judgement mate that's neglect in safeguarding kids which all adults have a responsibility to do.

I don't think now is the correct time to be delving into hall of fame debates though, the first and foremost thoughts should be with the victims and how they will receive some kind of justice.

This strikes me as tit-for-tat over Gazza. The very thing we don't want to get involved in.

Nobody is removing Stein from the hall of fame. He was twice manager of the national team and we can't hide from the fact that he took those cvnts to two European Cup Finals.

A decent human being lifts a phone and calls the police.
A decent human being dosen,t give a child abuser an award for services to a boys football club after raping young boys then being kicked out the club.Jock Stein knew and covered it up to protect the good name of this vile club.He took his dirty secret to the grave.He was a horrible human being,no if or buts am afraid.

Signed. Stein’s inaction allowed at least one serial sexual predator to continue their vile acts. He should be removed with immediate effect.

A decent human being lifts a phone and calls the police.
A decent human being dosen,t give a child abuser an award for services to a boys football club after raping young boys then being kicked out the club.Jock Stein knew and covered it up to protect the good name of this vile club.He took his dirty secret to the grave.He was a horrible human being,no if or buts am afraid.
No, that's what a normal human being does

Maybe they should ask the opinion of those who thought the sun shone out his arse...SAF for starters maybe Archie McPherson. ..plenty to say any other time...Hugh McIlvaney loved big Jock. Get them on camera now and ask them. Bet they dinnae.

Stein and his staff carried advertising hoardings with stricken Rangers supporters in the wake of the Ibrox disaster, that is worth remembering when folk are throwing around accusations of the man not being a decent human.

Stein appears to be the focus for some purely because we know it’s their kryptonite. That falls into point scoring for me. The perpetrators of these crimes are slowly being brought to book and rightly so. If Stein has question marks against him and his legacy for inaction then that is fair enough, but to pin this whole disgusting mess on him is just plain wrong. All in my opinion of course.

“Jog on Timmy “
“Sniff sniff” etc etc

think it's about football. Stein was football giant in management. He kicked out the nons but didn't tell the polis that would have been standard in those days.......what happened after he went is the real scandal

Looks like big canoe got away wi any connection wi knowing about torbett.

The hawksby/Jacobs handover news item before Durhams show reported that torbett did his nasty work in the late 80's/90's yet Stein died around about 85.

wow

just wow

like something spiers would spout

how many decent human beings do you know that cover up child abuse?

have a word FFs

It has been proven, on more than one occasion that Stein knew, covered up, and then let him back in to Molest children again.

Didn't know that.
Didn't stein kick him out then when stein left another board member let torbett back?
I might have it wrong.

think it's about football. Stein was football giant in management. He kicked out the nons but didn't tell the polis that would have been standard in those days.......what happened after he went is the real scandal
It should be about football but if you were a parent and your boy or girl plays football the least you would expect was their safety while at the club they attend, imagine your horror if you found out that the people who oversee the youth club or football club had got rid of a nounce only to bring him back a few years late without letting the parents or police know I’m sure you would be non too happy.
This overtakes anything to do with football an should tarnish anyone’s past no matter if they were a top manager or a coal man

Yes.
He allowed a paedophile to prey on more children.
Was child rape more acceptable in the 70s?

Jock Stein's legacy is tainted and sullied by his actions at that time.
It doesn't matter which way you look at it,not informing the police makes him as guilty as the perpetrators of the abuse which followed that decision.
It's out in the open and it's never going away.
The cabal will try their best to spin their lies and deceit but it's to late their arrogance has been their downfall.

https://chn.ge/2Ow7xDY

Morally the correct thing to do.
I'll go out on a limb here. Stuff like this makes us look like absolute fuds. There is absolutely no appetite for revising Jock Stein's thoroughly estimable record as a terrific manager nor should there be.

If folk want to go after him then fine. They will only end up looking like cretins.

Equally, the whole 'Glasgow Celtic Paedophiles' trope is embarrassing. We are really better than hurling LCD stuff like this around.

The substantive point, as we saw on Monday, is not that BJK but, in fact, that a club invited a known child-abuser back to commit the same crimes.

This is what really should be looked in to.

The most damning and lasting memorial to Jock Stein is that every time the scum walk past his statue at the Savilledome it will be a constant reminder of what was permitted to happen in his time in charge.
If it was my club I dont think I could set foot in the stadium again, but that's a moral standpoint and perhaps morals dont apply to Cellic and its fans.
The whole thing is disgusting and shamefull in equal measure.
I hope the whole scummy institution collapses into dust.

Back