Remove Jock Stein From The Scottish Football Hall Of Fame - Petition

Stein and his staff carried advertising hoardings with stricken Rangers supporters in the wake of the Ibrox disaster, that is worth remembering when folk are throwing around accusations of the man not being a decent human.

Stein appears to be the focus for some purely because we know it’s their kryptonite. That falls into point scoring for me. The perpetrators of these crimes are slowly being brought to book and rightly so. If Stein has question marks against him and his legacy for inaction then that is fair enough, but to pin this whole disgusting mess on him is just plain wrong. All in my opinion of course.

“Jog on Timmy “
“Sniff sniff” etc etc
Any decent human being would have picked up the phone and reported Torbett to the police .the fact that he didn,t tells you all you need to know.

The most damning and lasting memorial to Jock Stein is that every time the scum walk past his statue at the Savilledome it will be a constant reminder of what was permitted to happen in his time in charge.
If it was my club I dont think I could set foot in the stadium again, but that's a moral standpoint and perhaps morals dont apply to Cellic and its fans.
The whole thing is disgusting and shamefull in equal measure.
I hope the whole scummy institution collapses into dust.
It won,t must scum fans are to busy towing the offical club line of it has nothing to do with celtic fc.

Because of this man’s lack of action 1st time around, the predator was allowed to return and abuse a 5 year old among other innocent children.

I hope he rots in hell for his crime! People should be jailed for covering this up! Not celebrated in a hall of fame or honoured by our Queen!

justice for the victims

This one isn't for me. He made an error in not reporting it to the police and it had horrible implications for future children in the boys club but he did at least take some action in getting rid of the beast. So he didn't know and allow it to happen at least. I am also reminded of his actions in the wake of the Ibrox disaster and Walter's admiration for Stein in judging his character.

There are others who are far more complicit in this and people need to remain focused on the correct issues in order to get this can of worms open. This is not a football issue. Justice must be done and all paedophiles and those who did nothing caught and investigated with that rancid club brought to task.

This one isn't for me. He made an error in not reporting it to the police and it had horrible implications for future children in the boys club but he did at least take some action in getting rid of the beast. So he didn't know and allow it to happen at least. I am also reminded of his actions in the wake of the Ibrox disaster and Walter's admiration for Stein in judging his character.

There are others who are far more complicit in this and people need to remain focused on the correct issues in order to get this can of worms open. This is not a football issue. Justice must be done and all paedophiles and those who did nothing caught and investigated with that rancid club brought to task.
He’s every bit as guilty as the others who failed to report him to the Police.
His history and legacy is tarred! CBE should be removed - That would be a more fitting petition imo! He’s not worthy of it!
He is the most high profile name involved in this cover up, to protect the name of that rancid football club! He didn’t do enough to protect the children. Shame on him!

He’s every bit as guilty as the others who failed to report him to the Police.
His history and legacy is tarred! CBE should be removed - That would be a more fitting petition imo! He’s not worthy of it!
He is the most high profile name involved in this cover up, to protect the name of that rancid football club! He didn’t do enough to protect the children. Shame on him!

I'm not going to defend him mate as he clearly could have done more.

But we have to choose our battles here and get the proper culprits who committed the acts first. Only then can the victims have justice.

I'm not going to defend him mate as he clearly could have done more.

But we have to choose our battles here and get the proper culprits who committed the acts first. Only then can the victims have justice.
I agree with you there, the animals who committed the crimes need to pay the price.

There’s been a catalogue of errors made from within that club that have lead to this, all involed need to be made accountable.

If Gazza wasn't allowed in...........Then definitely BJK shouldn't be in simple. There is a big difference. Everyone get signing and dont give up this is disgusting and the fact people keep getting away with it specially who are meant to be role models....... Wouldn't surprise me if it was still going on as its is a normal thing to that lot :mad::mad::mad::mad: Cant even believe i used Gazza and BJK in the same sentence there :( Totally different characters

paedo priest, paedo protector and wife beater.

The Cellic Way.

parkhead.jpg

Looks like big canoe got away wi any connection wi knowing about torbett.

The hawksby/Jacobs handover news item before Durhams show reported that torbett did his nasty work in the late 80's/90's yet Stein died around about 85.

Not quite sure how anyone but Torbett can possibly know enough to make such a statement.

And the perception that Stein was long gone when Torbett returned is not true.

1974 - Torbett left the club, allegedly kicked out by Stein.
1977 - Stein photographed presenting award to Torbett.
1978 - Torbett returns to the club. Stein leaves the club.

Why is Tommy Burns given such an easy ride on here? He’s the one who defended his life long friend Cairney!

Burns was the one Fergus McCann had to force into retracting his public statement defending the beasts

He knew all about the open secret and was there when that beast was invited back into the club

Burns was a bigoted bastard and I hope he is burning for eternity next to that bastard Stein

Why is Tommy Burns given such an easy ride on here? He’s the one who defended his life long friend Cairney!

Burns was the one Fergus McCann had to force into retracting his public statement defending the beasts

He knew all about the open secret and was there when that beast was invited back into the club

Burns was a bigoted bastard and I hope he is burning for eternity next to that bastard Stein
I despise Burns.

If he wasn't involved then he certainly knew everything.

S.F.A won't remove St ein,
S.F.A, Governments and those in positions of power do not see Paedophilia as a crime... something to hide ? something to deflect ? ABSOLUTELY !

Burns and Cairney appeared to have a very special friendship.Was it not Burns who supported him when he was last in court?

Exactly what I was talking about. Wee Fergus forced Burns into retracting statements he made in support of Cairney

Burns was a bitter bitter bastard but it seems many give him an easy ride because McCoist says he’s a a good guy

Back