Reo Hatate - Terrible Footballer

Ming the merciless is absolutely rotten at anything where he has the ball, off the ball he’s no bad at putting pressure on, but with it he’s useless. As for the Japanese Tom dailly, he should stick to litter picking. Right enough, Glasgow city council will be paying a fair chunk of his wages already
You make a point here that I think a lot of people miss, when working as a team not everybody has to be great on the ball, if his role is to run about 100 mph closing down defenders and goalkeeper then he does a good job. What that does is it stops the opposition building from the back and playing short into midfield, so many times we were forced to go long as this "shite" player was closing down our defenders.

Total hype merchant. Same could be said for Abada. Two overrated bums.
Abadas numbers for a 20 year old in a new league can’t be dismissed, if that was Lowry for example he’d be the second coming of Laudrup on here.

The Japanese guys are limited, and thats being generous. Its weird, their best signing seems to be the boy from MK Dons, which I’m pretty surprised at given he was their 3rd choice after the couple of guys that went elsewhere.

A move that should not be forgotten

If we had played the Aberdeen game and Celtic game when we were originally supposed to then we would have retained our title, they were on their knees and begging for winter break to be brought forward to help them out, their friends at SPFL helped them out once more
Yup. 2008 all over again

Abadas numbers for a 20 year old in a new league can’t be dismissed, if that was Lowry for example he’d be the second coming of Laudrup on here.

The Japanese guys are limited, and thats being generous. Its weird, their best signing seems to be the boy from MK Dons, which I’m pretty surprised at given he was their 3rd choice after the couple of guys that went elsewhere.
O’Riley? He’s absolute gash. He looks ever inch an MK Dons player IMO.

A team of useless runners who only do a job against Dundee and St Johnstone. They will get found out big time in Europe, that style of football can't last long term.

Hatate (sp) is an awful footballer a complete fraud. I see loads of that lot are on Twitter tonight saying that they should rest him because he’s knackered- code for he’s shite but we don’t want to criticise him.
Yes his fitness is terrible but don’t let that cover up the fact that he’s just not very good.
All Maeada does is run about like a headless chicken and their other superstar has his moments but he has been anonymous against us.

Time and time again I keep getting proven right about this guy. He is absolute dugshit and just put in one of the most mediocre performances I’ve seen in an Old Firm.

Lundstram has him totally figured out. Added to that he can’t pass, can’t tackle, can’t carry the ball, doesn’t win 50-50s, has woeful positioning and is constantly caught ball watching. He’s small and weak, just running around like a Japanese Jason Holt. He’s like a man down in their midfield and the obvious weak link that’s prohibiting them from winning the midfield battle.

He seems to be the one that has been exposed the most with Gio’s change in approach v them. The guy can’t handle a high pressure midfield battle. Just another one of them that loves it when they have space and time, and lesser teams don’t come near them. Flat track bully.

We gave him a career and I swear I’ve not seen him have any impact since. Even the Tims have stopped singing his praises. He seems to be fat Ange’s guy though, playing him every single game, so hopefully we and other teams can realise that he’s there to be got at, and any midfield with him in it is there to be dominated.
Jason Holt is better than him.

Is he the bald one? The only thing he's got going is that he closes down really well. Constantly giving our players no time at the back. Though he's like a dog chasing a car, doesn't know what to do with it when he does catch it. We can just play triangles around him and the others though and they're done in before too long.

Hatate? Is that that wee lookalike Bond villain guy?

How da fek did he end up here is Scottish football?

We do like mince here, but ffs!

I just said elsewhere, I think their Japanese players have ran their race no they are no longer a surprise. Wee blondie was awol today as well, and baldy bottled his one big chance. As for Hetate, I dont recall him getting a sniff.
So you are saying that our 11, couldn’t beat a Celtic team with 8 players and 3 passengers.

That’s quite a damning indictment of us. We’ve other threads saying they were lucky to win the league etc, and that we are the better team, but if we can’t beat them when they play 3 passengers, what chance have we got??

He’s pish, btw they are all fùcking pish… that prick McGregor gave the ball away at least 3 times in the first 10 minutes… They were blowing out their arse with 30 minutes left… we should have won

Agreed, I don't think the other Japanese are much better to be honest.
Maybe not but they suit Celt!c in Scotland very well.

Teams give them lots of time and space, the J-League Superstars just run around a lot and either fall over drawing fouls or pull the inept defenders about and create space for someone with actual ability like Jota.

In Europe and against us theyre useless but playing against anyone else in Scotland and theyre actually quite effective.

Thats what Ive seen anyway this season.

Was going to say Hatate is the worst of the three but apparently there is a fourth. Is he injured ?

We have been the better team every time apart from the one in Feb. Their run around for an hour and hope you are two up has amazingly won them the league.

I think we will bounce back next year.

So you are saying that our 11, couldn’t beat a Celtic team with 8 players and 3 passengers.

That’s quite a damning indictment of us. We’ve other threads saying they were lucky to win the league etc, and that we are the better team, but if we can’t beat them when they play 3 passengers, what chance have we got??
I’ve heard of taking things out of context, but you take it to a whole new level mate.

I never said anything remotely like that. I merely offered the opinion that their Japanese players have been found out after a promising start. Teams are now more familiar with them.

We were unlucky today. I genuinely believe that, and there are many factors why we didn’t win the league that go beyond three of their players.

Morelos is about 4 levels above him but he is seen as some sort of superstar.

He done absolutely nothing against us this season.
I'm not saying he's not a good footballer, but his level is the J League and the SPL, I might be wrong but in 60 years watching football, he is going to be a one season wonder, you simply can't run about the park week in week out like him and his countrymen do and stay fit.
That's 2 games now we played them after coming back from intensive European games and still finished stronger than them, we should have pumped them..

A team of useless runners who only do a job against Dundee and St Johnstone. They will get found out big time in Europe, that style of football can't last long term.
Top teams in Europe will pick them off big time, FFS they got horsed by the mighty giants of Bodo Glimt

This right here.

Some of the stuff on this forum after a big game - regardless of the result - is nauseating. Like proper head in the sands, wishful thinking type stuff that’s depressing to see among our own support.

We played better than they did yesterday, but any suggestion that they’re brimming with shite players is clearly pish considering the run they’ve been on, and where they find themselves in the table (against every expectation here i might add).

This ‘they’re utter pish and all their players are posh’ is blatantly untrue, and I hope for our sake those who actually run the club aren’t as blind as some of the fans.

Hatate is pish. He's scared of Lundstram.

Maeda is pish but he can sprint, a lot.

Kyogo is a wee fanny who needs a haircut.

Our midfield, Lundstram aside, has a bizarre habit of standing off him at times.

Can't help but feel Kyogo would have even more goals if he was playing under a manager who reigned him in a bit. Some of his running and closing down is so pointless. Reminds me of Kenny Miller before he went down to England.

Maeda does the same but he has pretty much zero ability.

His attempt at tracking back when Lundstram was going forward with the ball was hilarious. Seen a sloth move quicker.
It was ridiculous how much Lundstram was jogging away from him whilst he was breaking his neck to get going.

He is garbage

Our midfield, Lundstram aside, has a bizarre habit of standing off him at times.

Can't help but feel Kyogo would have even more goals if he was playing under a manager who reigned him in a bit. Some of his running and closing down is so pointless. Reminds me of Kenny Miller before he went down to England.

Maeda does the same but he has pretty much zero ability.

Kyogo you mean, I take it?

I think he has some very tidy footwork, and uses his body well, tbh. He’s also clearly an intelligent footballer. Like if you close him down aggressively I could see him finding the space left behind, or drawing in a foul.

We’ve handled him reasonably well as of late, and while I think he’s a good player he doesn’t overly worry me.

Prob easier if I just said he was pish though.

Edit - just realised you probably meant Hatate, and I agree overall. Although I think the way he’s played vs us recently, would indicate that whatever we’re doing is working.

Kyogo you mean, I take it?

I think he has some very tidy footwork, and uses his body well, tbh. He’s also clearly an intelligent footballer. Like if you close him down aggressively I could see him finding the space left behind, or drawing in a foul.

We’ve handled him reasonably well as of late, and while I think he’s a good player he doesn’t overly worry me.

Prob easier if I just said he was pish though.

Edit - just realised you probably meant Hatate, and I agree overall. Although I think the way he’s played vs us recently, would indicate that whatever we’re doing is working.

Yeah, there was an incident in the second half where we stood off as he advanced on goal — I think he ended up playing an offside pass. The type of thing a better player would punish you for. It was a fairly odd moment all round.

Turnbull is a far better player than Hatate and he doesn't worry me remotely.

Kyogo is a handful and will go onto bigger and better things. I get that the "hyper press" is a huge part of their game plan but he expends so much energy chasing crisp packets, especially in the first half. I don't think it even worries our defenders at this point.

Every footballer is overrated/underrated by some.

Furuhashi is considered to be one of the best strikers in Scotland, which he is.

The other two? Who exactly is rating them as something they’re not?
Furuhashi started well and has had the benefit of doubt with a number of questionable decisions. The mark of a top quality striker comes in big games v us and Europe. He hasn't shown up in either to be honest. He is a an ok striker and will score goals in our league but will continue to fall short when up against better opposition.

Furuhashi started well and has had the benefit of doubt with a number of questionable decisions. The mark of a top quality striker comes in big games v us and Europe. He hasn't shown up in either to be honest. He is a an ok striker and will score goals in our league but will continue to fall short when up against better opposition.

Things like ‘top quality’ are just far too vague to contest, or measure.

Furuhashi is clearly one of the best strikers in Scotland, which is exactly what he’s rated as.

How he’ll fair against better opposition in the rest of his career is anyone's guess.

Get with the plan they're all gash, pish etc..it's a comfort blanket for some!! They ain't no world beaters for sure but they a 1st season team who we finished 2nd too..different style both us and them the reality is they score more goals from midfield..that is the telling factor.

Back