Reports that Barasic has signed a pre-contract with a Turkish team and Lundstram is hoping to do so as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does this leave Clement with the 2 players for the rest of the season? We can't guarentee they will burst a gut in the games that remain.
Good point tbh. Are the alternatives strong and committed enough for it to be worth leaving them both out? I don't know.

If true, it will depend on the players mentality.

Barasic is only really playing due to the Yilmaz injury, however he was expecting to be back in training this week according to Clement.

Maybe a good thing? If they have their futures secured, they have a club to go to regardless of injury?

The likes of Jack, Roofe etc I would be more concerned about because if they are injured they will be less likely to attract a club for the new season

Maybe a good thing? If they have their futures secured, they have a club to go to regardless of injury?

The likes of Jack, Roofe etc I would be more concerned about because if they are injured they will be less likely to attract a club for the new season

out of contract such as BB and JL are no concern of ours if they get a club or not

The availability of Yilmaz is what is probably stopping us from dropping both Barisic and Lundstram

If Yilmaz is available, he should be in and Sterling into midfield in place of Lundstram.

If Yilmaz is fit for Parkhead, the dynamic of our side should change.

Not sure if Ridvan will be fit to start after a week in training but hopefully he can get the last 20-25 then be ready to play there the following week.
Borna will only be used to manage Ridvan’s minutes thereafter.

Doubt Lundstram will be anywhere but in the team until the end of the season.

Isn't it the case in Turkey if you don't play or perform well you're likely to face issues with being paid at all?

I was going to wish them luck but the money they have took out of the club on wages with a domestic haul of 3 trophies holds me back.

The availability of Yilmaz is what is probably stopping us from dropping both Barisic and Lundstram

If Yilmaz is available, he should be in and Sterling into midfield in place of Lundstram.

The fact that JL is one of the managers first picked players probably stops us dropping him, and to be fair he doesn't deserve to be dropped either, we've got far worse players than him

They're out of contract. Won't be our problem.

I think you will be disappointed. I will be very, very surprised if Lundstram doesn't start at the DhimDome. Sterling might start in midfield but it won't be at Lundstram's expense.

As for both Barisic and Lundstram moving on well, if it happens, I wish both well. Think they are nuts going to Turkey but that's a different matter.

Last edited:

Doesn't matter with Jack and Roofe, out of contract. After the season finished they can go. Why fret about whether they get another club? Its not our job to find them another club.

Good luck to them both
They have served us well and now it’s time for them to move on

They have only served us well if they haven’t downed tools for the run in, which is undoubtedly the most important yet financially wise…

Has Barisic gave his all? His minds been gone for months and all the while still picking up his full wage

Good luck f*ck all

Fair play to them, a final pay day before returning to their own leagues, wish them all the best and looking forward to seeing where we apply the £50k (plus) per week.

Borna was finished in any case, he can't be relied on, Clement would rather play Sterling there in big games.

As for Lundstram, this will be the last major move of his career, the last big earner for him.

Can we say with any certainty that he will be going all out in every game between now and end of season?

He has a huge deal waiting on him, it's human nature to think that he better look after himself, one injury could ruin it all.

Drop him.

The fact they're leaving is irrelevant - both should be dropped on form alone

Hopefully Jack is fit enough to see out the season in Lunny's place.

Where does this leave Clement with the 2 players for the rest of the season? We can't guarentee they will burst a gut in the games that remain.

Why?

Celtic have Bernardo, Idah and Hart who will move on at the end of the season, possibly a few more, and they seem to be focused on what the end goal is.

Ours should be equally as determined and focused.
Why the fcuk would they want to go to Turkey for look at all the shite Kent is going through

What about Icardi, Angelino, Zaha, Ziyech, Fred, Livakovic, Dzeko and a host of others that went out there last summer?

As soon as someone signs a pre contract elsewhere they shouldn’t play for Rangers again imo.

Can’t have one foot out the door and still expect game time.

As soon as someone signs a pre contract elsewhere they shouldn’t play for Rangers again imo.

Can’t have one foot out the door and still expect game time.
Do you apply the same criteria to those playing for other clubs who sign pre-contracts with Rangers? Should Souttar, for example, never have kicked a ball again for Hearts after signing a pre-contract with us? 4 months kicking his heels before joining us for pre-season.

I suspect that many times we simply don't know that pre-contracts have been signed as the two clubs chose to keep it quiet - if they can. As we probably saw with Ryan Jack when we signed him.

Its simply a part of football life these days. Up to Managers to assess what they think the player will deliver. All will be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back