Ricky Foster agrees with Michael Stewart

Both his hands were in an unnatural position, high above his head. One of which ended up blocking a shot on target and a potential goal-scoring opportunity.

It was an clear attempt to illegally block the shot within the box, it is a yellow card and a Penalty.

The reason he was sent off was because all of this happened less than a couple of minutes after being booked for his fourth poorly timed challenge of the game and a minute or so after almost being sent off for another late, misguided challenge and being warned by the referee.

Anyone having issues with those decisions have either never seen a game of football before or are at it for one reason or another.

the laws should be changed to match the applied rules. The accepted norm is that if the player gets an advantage of having his arms in an unnatural position then its a penalty. he might not have have conscientiously put his arm onto the ball, but he put them in a position where they could block a ball.

if he was a goalie he would have been praised for a great save because he spread his body

The Motherwell defender's arms were reaching higher for the ball than his keeper. Anyone reckon Radio Scotland would even give airtime to endless debate of a Celtc penalty ?

The saddest thing about this from Foster is that he’s clearly parroting Stewart’s thoughts because he thinks he’s a good pundit. He probably thinks it’ll give his own insight some credibility.

Genuinely, how sad is that?

The saddest thing about this from Foster is that he’s clearly parroting Stewart’s thoughts because he thinks he’s a good pundit. He probably thinks it’ll give his own insight some credibility.

Genuinely, how sad is that?
If you seen Fosters hairstyle he's badly in need of credibility.

If the same incident happened in OUR box,these two numbnuts would be saying “stonewall” penalty..;)

His hands were already there?

What an astonishing revelation.
From CD7, I thought he'd grown them in the 0.3 seconds it took for the ball to travel.

Foster is an absolute prick.
Little wonder when you consider his family background.

If Carson had done what McHugh done, Stewart would have said it was a great save
Exactly. He through himself in front of the ball and saves it with his hand. That is the domain of the goalkeeper.

If that isn't deliberate handball then I have no idea what is. If that was against us I would have no complaints whatsoever.

Does anyone give any credence to what Ricky Foster thinks - can't recall his opinions being quoted alongside Pep, Jose or Zizi.

That's both Dermott Gallagher and Kenny Clark who disagree with him. Two former professional referees but this complete numpty thinks he knows the rules better than them.

Ricky Foster also believes he should be playing for Scotland and that Rangers should have signed him permanently from Aberdeen years ago, so it's clear Amy Macdonald didn't marry him due to his intellect.

So, by their reckoning, the next time there is a direct free kick around the box and the wall stand with their arms in the air and the ball strikes one of them, that’s perfectly fine because their arm was there the whole time and it wasn’t deliberate?

Why is this still being spoken about? Manky fans in my work were laughing about how Lustig took a dive a few weeks ago for a penalty and how it was embarrassing it was given. I don’t think it even got covered. Micheal Stewart and Ricky Foster, 2 absolute b3llends.

I don’t think McHugh intentionally handled and I don’t really like penalties given for accidental handball in the area, but when it’s preventing a clear goalscoring opportunity - as it was in this case - then that is and always should be a penalty.

There’s no debate about it hitting his hand.
It’s not as if it struck the upper arm and could have been argued as a shoulder - it was handball, in the area, and it prevented a goalbound shot.

As the law stands, it was a stonewaller so what Foster or Stewart or anyone else think of it is completely irrelevant.

This is getting beyond a joke with that roaster Stewart...it's one goal from SEVEN ffs!

He is continually banging his separatist gums about this like the penalty was a last minute Winer in a World Cup final - To what end, is not getting chalked off?

Maybe he's trying to influence the next Referee who has an easy decision to make :eek::rolleyes:

Thank fu(k I've been clean for over three years now....I refuse to fund him and his celtc minded bosses - They can send as many letters as they want, all end up in my beige recycling wheelie bin.

Going by the interpretation of these two cockwombles, a keeper who puts his arms out to the sides to make himself bigger isn't intentionally saving the shot if it deflects off his hand.

Hopefully big goldson makes a goalie save next time we play at st Johnstone and then it's no penalty! Lets see their reaction then

Back