Rodgers blaming boyata

They've totally imploded. And it's happened so fast that it makes me think there is more going on behind the scenes than is being said.

Long may it continue

tumblr_lz1lwc25ox1rnua94o1_500.gif

We all knew Brenda would crack under pressure, but I don’t think anyone realised just how little pressure it would take for that to happen.

Wonderful watching it all unravel.

Was about to post pretty much this point, this lot were so good it'd take decades for us to catch them (so we were told), they could play their 2nd team and win the league (we were told), it's a disgrace they have to play qualifiers for UCL (we were told).
They've not really strengthened, in fact they've gone backwards a bit in the summer but if any of the guff we were told was actually true it shouldn't have made any difference.
Our new Manager scares Brenda, I think that's obvious.
There's a major problem with confidence at the piggery, which seems to be getting worse each week.
There's a major problem between Brenda & the Japanese, which is nice.
The demon hordes are unhappy, which is always good to see.
It's not taken much to pop the bubble has it ?

I bet Stevie G is bloody loving this ...... what goes around, comes around :D:D:D
Stevie G is a professional and will be focused on Rangers and not giving a shit about them until nearer the fixture.
We have our own fights just now and getting past Maribor is the first and most important concern just now. Then we move on to Killie.

I am enjoying seeing them creak a little before the pressure has been properly applied but I am holding back a little to we at least come deal with our own games first. If come middle of September and we have either drew or beaten them and ahead of them in the league then maybe then I will start to really believe.

Thought the “dayglow “,perma tan “Brenda said judge me on champions league progression,—-it ain’t happened BRENDA!now do the decent thing.

"we were missing our two best centre halves, unfortunately"

Inspiring words to the 2 that played :D What a fanny!!

That is on a par with his ‘3 names in this envelope , the 3 players who’ll let me down’
(not verbatim but the gist of what he said)
when he started at Liverpool.

The man is an egotistical clown, ‘not my fault’.

Hope more than ever we put him and his putrid club firmly back in their box.

WATP

"World Cup Semi-finalist"

That's some spin on the Belgium fourth choice CH, who only played the three group games because of injury.

Boyata would not have made a difference,if anything could've been worse,he isn't that great a defender . I think they'll struggle to strengthen now they out,no decent defender worth his salt would want to come to this tin pot league. Our situation is different in that Stevie is a massive pull and players will want to play for him. Just hope they keep that defence the way it is. Even Ajer/ Boyata are bad and if he thinks that's their two best defenders,he's doing us a favour.

Airing their dirty laundry in public re Boyata is only gona lessen his price, what team will take him now knowing that when things don't go Boyatas way he throws his toys out the pram and feigns injury?
Also brenda absolutely screws the 2 CHs he played last night by saying he didn't have his top 2 CHs available, that'll do wonders for the 2 that were playing last night's confidence. I am loving this! Long may it continue.
Let's go!

Three scenarios:
  • Boyata runs down his contract and leaves for free.
  • He plays for a manager who has slated him and faces the wrath of the fans. He's already shite so can't wait to see him when he is unmotivated.
  • He leaves for much less than they claim they knocked back with clubs knowing he is damaged goods.
I can't believe it literally took 1 defeat and Rangers fans being upbeat about our new boss for them to turn on themselves like this. :D

Even if the rumours of a 9m bid from Fulham were correct (which they obviously weren't).

They are going to get nowhere near that when he is sold before the window shuts, it's also funny at the figures the media have been quoting as it's going to massively backfire when the thaigs realise how much they have let him go for when he inevitably leaves.

I just seen this on twitter, absolutely tremendous. He's got the scatter gun out blaming everyone but himself and its terrific.

He's going to lose the dressing room at this rate and its glorious.

Hopefully some unrest in the septic dressing room now with brenda's comments to the rags and they stop playing for him in a bid to force change.
Brenda's man management skills are clearly poor.

Not often I agree with Brenda, but if that was a Rangers player that pulled Boyata's stunt I'd be wishing him every ill possible and wouldn't want him near our club again.

Agreed. Maybe he's using him as a fallguy as such or basically just outing Boyata to their fans who knows. He'll likely be gone and they'll get money for him though.

Amazing stuff

BRENDAN RODGERS insists AWOL Dedryck Boyata could have helped keep Celtic in the Champions League – after revealing the stopper WAS fit for the Champions League crunch with AEK.

Boyata stayed in Scotland claiming to be injured for the do-or-die Euro

And Rodgers reckons his side missed the Belgium World Cup star badly as they were knocked out with a 2-1 defeat.

Rodgers said: “He was fit – we were missing our two best centre halves, unfortunately.

“My concentration until I get back is only with the players who were here.

“But yeah, Dedryck would have been fit to play.

“Is that frustrating? Yeah because he’s been with us over the course of our journey for a couple of years.

“We got to this position and were without someone of his quality. Having a World Cup semi-finalist in our team would certainly have helped.

“But he wasn’t here.”
Bwahahahahaha

Buckled :D

Amazing stuff

BRENDAN RODGERS insists AWOL Dedryck Boyata could have helped keep Celtic in the Champions League – after revealing the stopper WAS fit for the Champions League crunch with AEK.

And Rodgers reckons his side missed the Belgium World Cup star badly as they were knocked out with a 2-1 defeat.

Rodgers said: “He was fit – we were missing our two best centre halves, unfortunately.

“Is that frustrating? Yeah because he’s been with us over the course of our journey for a couple of years.

“We got to this position and were without someone of his quality. Having a World Cup semi-finalist in our team would certainly have helped.

“But he wasn’t here.”

Last edited:
How's training going mate?

Going well........now. Coaching I got a wee bit of trauma on my left knee and achilles was tight as fook, but Physio and stretching sorted that out, so not done as much as what I would have liked to. Registered for the 10k next year and ideally would like to beat my previous time so the ideas you have given me will lead me up to some better speed and endurance. Not going to lie, the hill sprints I done before getting a wee bit of bother with the knee were killing me :eek: I thought my fitness level was decent, but goes to show when you change a routine up a little how your body gets pushed, but enjoyed it. Tbh, I done it up a section of the hill where my folks stay (Thornwood, Partick) which is pretty long, so may aim for a shorter hill then progress. After feeling bit better muscle wise and just had a short holiday I am back in the zone.

Going well........now. Coaching I got a wee bit of trauma on my left knee and achilles was tight as fook, but Physio and stretching sorted that out, so not done as much as what I would have liked to. Registered for the 10k next year and ideally would like to beat my previous time so the ideas you have given me will lead me up to some better speed and endurance. Not going to lie, the hill sprints I done before getting a wee bit of bother with the knee were killing me :eek: I thought my fitness level was decent, but goes to show when you change a routine up a little how your body gets pushed, but enjoyed it. Tbh, I done it up a section of the hill where my folks stay (Thornwood, Partick) which is pretty long, so may aim for a shorter hill then progress. After feeling bit better muscle wise and just had a short holiday I am back in the zone.

Good to hear mate.

I know with your background you are probably aware of this, but your long aerobic runs are every bit as important as the speed work.

Do you use a heart rate monitor?

Good to hear mate.

I know with your background you are probably aware of this, but your long aerobic runs are every bit as important as the speed work.

Do you use a heart rate monitor?

Yep, I run longer on flat and small gradients, so my endurance is pretty sound, I just need to break through that 'speed ceiling' and get that extra push with the hill sprints. I don;t but am looking to upgrade my fitbit soon to one that is all singing all dancing and include the heart monitor.

Who is liable to pay for Boyata’s personal bodyguards. Is it.....
1) Celtc for breaking promise to player
2) Boyata for failing to play (injured or faking it)
3) Brenda for throwing him under a bus.

Make no bones about it, he is in a position now surrounded by hate.

Amazing stuff

“But he wasn’t here.”
Boyata is not a top player. The business of talking the player up has backfired on them, the player now believes he should be playing for megabucks elsewhere. Too late for England now Liewell and the continent wont pay over the odds unless it's for a superstar and none of your players are anywhere near that status - hard cheese Brendan.

Seen on sky all is well again kissed and made up.
Will be in squad for Europa league Thursday.
Probably no funds to replace him or know bids of 9 million so had to sort it out .

Probably no funds to replace him or know bids of 9 million so had to sort it out .

This is where they are at , Celtc have made up an imaginary story/bid on a player who Washington Belgium's world cup squad in order to cash in & he's called their bluff in wanting to go or an increase in wages Celtc are not willing to go out on a limb in any shape or form so come January he'll be let go cheaply or will sign a pre contract with someone ....

So you thought you would bump the thread to share this wonderful news?

Hmmmmm.

Ok!

Sounds to me that TTS has had to grovel to Boyata to play in their EL qualifier as Hendry and Simunovic aren’t to be trusted

No doubt Ajer and Boyata will be brought back in

I’d love Boyata to be back at his bombscare best and have a howler in Lithuania this week

So Boyata has to apologise before he plays, then he is expected to perform at his best (which isn't that good), whilst Brenda and now Griffiths have told the other defenders that they are shoite. Cant see there being a happy defence there.

I can’t help thinking they looked at a fairly straightforward route to the CL following another kind draw and took the gamble not to sell anyone. With the English window closing just before their first leg against AEK, this has now backfired on them and they are stuck with a massive wage bill and reduced income.

Boyata is not a top player. The business of talking the player up has backfired on them, the player now believes he should be playing for megabucks elsewhere. Too late for England now Liewell and the continent wont pay over the odds unless it's for a superstar and none of your players are anywhere near that status - hard cheese Brendan.

I think their ludicrous over-valuing of players has bitten them on the arse.

Agents looking to get their players paid to the clubs valuation is why their wage bill is eye watering,

Back