Rodgers Stirs It : Sellik Have Spent Half Of What Rangers Have This Season..

Of course they haven't spent money. They didn't need to, a few loans here and they are done. We have needed to spend money yet we are still behind them in terms of squad value.

When they start losing games and the pressure is on he will crack. He had the easiest job in football just now.

I hope we scud them

But they HAVE spent money - £4.5m on Ntcham, £2.8m on Eboue, £800k on Ajer, £500k on Dembele, £500k on de Vries, £400k on Gamboa, £1.2m on Hayes, £3m loan fee on Roberts over two spells, £3m on Simunovic, £1.5m on Sviatchenko, £1.5m on Boyata, £1.5m on Ciftci, £500k on Christie, £3m on Sinclair - That's in the past two years alone.

What about the guy they signed for over 2 million in January does he count?

There will be another 5 days of this pish so get used to it ,it'll get dafter and dafter as well .

Don't buy it
Don't read it
Don't click it

Rodgers, Demshit, sinclair, lego between them take nearly 7m in wages add roberts who is on a fortune. Anyone know what their total wage bill is??

Another season with no challenge or pressure, no wonder he's a smug prick.

Five points behind them after 6 games is a disgrace - that's with them dropping points as well.

We are a loss away in our next game from being completely out a title challenge - I wonder what the board will think of that?

I don't understand, the link you've posted says they did charge a fee for the Roberts loan.

"City did not charge Girona a loan fee for any of the five players they sent to the club, although that is not unusual in itself - they did not charge Celtic a loan fee for striker Patrick Roberts when he agreed another 12-month spell with the Scottish champions this summer."

Rodgers has been really lucky to be up against Rangers at this moment.

A proper Rangers team with a proper Rangers manager would have reduced him to a wibbling, paranoid mess.

You just know Walter Smith would have had the measure of the lady's front bottom on and off the pitch.

The Blessed Brendan is the managerial messiah whose opinions on other clubs, other managers and other team's tactics are to be valued and respected no matter how smug or patronising those opinions are.
Portuguese Pedro is the managerial Johnny Foreigner with the wacky opinions that are there to be mocked and ridiculed.

So speaks the rulebook of the Scottish press.

Funnily enough he went underground after PSG game.... Then crawls back out when they beat the mighty Ross County..

Another season with no challenge or pressure, no wonder he's a smug prick.

Five points behind them after 6 games is a disgrace - that's with them dropping points as well.

We are a loss away in our next game from being completely out a title challenge - I wonder what the board will think of that?

We staring down the barrel of being 8 behind them after 7 games.

We were 7 behind them after 7 games last season AFTER trips to Pittodrie and the Piggery.

He is very clever, he comes across as a genuinely good type of guy, but there is an undercurrent of smugness and oneupmanship hidden amongst his comments.

There is no use complaining about him being a smart arsed bastard, it's up to the Rangers players to up their game by a massive amount to wipe that fxcking grin off his face.

I don't understand, the link you've posted says they did charge a fee for the Roberts loan.

"they did not charge Celtic a loan fee for striker Patrick Roberts when he agreed another 12-month spell with the Scottish champions this summer."

Shows a complete lack of ambition on their part, probably why they just make up the numbers in the CL

Just random numbers but it's about the base the spend is in that's the important factor.

So, we spent £7m on a squad worth what? £5m? Total squad value £12m

They spent £3.5m on a squad worth £30m? (I've no idea). Total squad value £33.5m

Doesn't really mean we have invested to a point we expect to win the league.

There was me thinking they paid 4.5 N'Ctcam, and how much a week, then Patrick wonder boy how much on him, the fact is the tranny has a squad where he has two players minimum for every position, almost everyone at International level as well.

PC has had to overhaul a squad and the majority of his signings are unknown, utter bull from Rodgers and he knows it, but the Scottish press lap it up like the poodles that they are.

For a man who has led them to their worst European home defeat, their worst European away defeat and arguably their most embarrassing European defeat he doesn't half have a high opinion of himself

I suppose I would be same if the Scottish press give you such a free ride, literally

“They have come into the season with that mentality. They have signed some good players and are playing a basic shape in terms of 4-4-2, nothing complicated, get the ball wide, crosses in the box. I’m sure they will be reasonably happy with how they have started,” he added.[/QUOTE]
That's what did them over a bit with PSG, willing to support these guys in this tactic because Morelos is fast and strong.... We'll see !!

The smug bastard is every bit as dangerous as Lennon, if not more.

Lennon was just a front used by the board to get their knuckledragger element onside as he "brought back the thunder".

Rodgers is a bit more educated in his notions, but every bit as bitter. Just manages to "hide" it.

Rodgers talks pish

He also said Celtic would have signed Patrick Roberts but man city wouldn't sell for 30 million

Away and %^*& off

“They have come into the season with that mentality. They have signed some good players and are playing a basic shape in terms of 4-4-2, nothing complicated, get the ball wide, crosses in the box. I’m sure they will be reasonably happy with how they have started,” he added.
That's what did them over a bit with PSG, willing to support these guys in this tactic because Morelos is fast and strong.... We'll see !![/QUOTE]

its ok being fast and strong, but we'll be pressed in our own half for most of the game and realistically can you see miller dorransetc bursting a gut to support an isolated morelos?

The lack of spending at the piggery hasn't went unnoticed among the Dhims, they will slaughter Lawwell for it as each European humiliation unfolds.

The lack of spending at the piggery hasn't went unnoticed among the Dhims, they will slaughter Lawwell for it as each European humiliation unfolds.

they ave spent in excess of 7 million, they have improved their team and not lost any of there good players. they were never going to compete with PSG. if they finish 3rd then it will be a huge success for them and we will have to wait to december to find out if they are going to do it

Tierney, Siminovic, Armstrong, Brown, Sinclair, Roberts, Dembele, Griffiths, Rogic....even McGregor, N'Cham are better than anything we have

morelos has started strong and jack is a very good spl player. but the rest are average

"playing a basic shape in terms of 4-4-2, nothing complicated, get the ball wide, crosses in the box."

He's not far off though, is he?

they ave spent in excess of 7 million, they have improved their team and not lost any of there good players. they were never going to compete with PSG. if they finish 3rd then it will be a huge success for them and we will have to wait to december to find out if they are going to do it

Have they really improved ? Roberts is a loan signing who was there last season, as for Nitchtam I haven't seen anything of him so I'm not sure about him. Johnny Hayes and another loan signing from PSG, who else did they sign ?

Tierney, Siminovic, Armstrong, Brown, Sinclair, Roberts, Dembele, Griffiths, Rogic....even McGregor, N'Cham are better than anything we have

morelos has started strong and jack is a very good spl player. but the rest are average

You've stated that Mcinnes was our best chance of short term succcess? The SPL dross he would have brought in would have done nothing to rival the list of players you have just listed.

They have a better team than us. Realistically, after one transfer window, nobody could have expected us to be rivaling them.

Have they really improved ? Roberts is a loan signing who was there last season, as for Nitchtam I haven't seen anything of him so I'm not sure about him. Johnny Hayes and another loan signing from PSG, who else did they sign ?

they have kept same team as last season, adding N'cham who looks a very good player in the making. they have also kept armstrong which means more cash for him when he goes.

the players form last season Siminovic, Tiernety, Dembele, armstrong, Rogic, Griffiths are now better players after 1 year under Brenda............

so i would say as of now they are better off than they were last season, plus is they make the europa league they will probably spend some money in january.

i still feel failure in getting mcinnes in is going to come back to haunt us

You've stated that Mcinnes was our best chance of short term succcess? The SPL dross he would have brought in would have done nothing to rival the list of players you have just listed.

They have a better team than us. Realistically, after one transfer window, nobody could have expected us to be rivaling them.

Mcinnes is a very good SPL manager. so in the short term he would secure 2nd easily for us. then after the league gap is closed and a year under mcinnes we could be looking at making the europa league group stages. Mcinnes lost half a team and his best players yet he recruited well and aberdeen look stronger than they did last season

they have kept same team as last season, adding N'cham who looks a very good player in the making. they have also kept armstrong which means more cash for him when he goes.

the players form last season Siminovic, Tiernety, Dembele, armstrong, Rogic, Griffiths are now better players after 1 year under Brenda............

so i would say as of now they are better off than they were last season, plus is they make the europa league they will probably spend some money in january.

i still feel failure in getting mcinnes in is going to come back to haunt us

A team good enough to see us off undoubtedly, but its progression on the European stage where they will be judged. They will have had another seasons CL money in the bank and have spent peanuts.

From the few games I've seen Ntcham looks pretty good, not flashy but quietly efficient in the middle of the park and doesn't waste a pass often. But you would expect a £4m player to look decent at this level against the dross of this league.

Hayes to me just smacked of them hedging their bets that they wouldn't get Roberts back for another season and securing an alternative option. Seems a bit of a daft signing now in hindsight.

Mcinnes is a very good SPL manager. so in the short term he would secure 2nd easily for us. then after the league gap is closed and a year under mcinnes we could be looking at making the europa league group stages. Mcinnes lost half a team and his best players yet he recruited well and aberdeen look stronger than they did last season

A very good SPL manager that managed to bottle it against the worst celtic team in recent years? Taken him 3/4 years to build a side that finishes 2nd, and that's the most they are ever going to be. No chance anyone would accept us challenging for 2nd for the next couple of years to "build" (judging by the negativity towards the current set up at least)

You say that a better manager would be able to get more out the team than Pedro, a contradiction surely when you mention Mcinnes.

I don't understand how our fans demand we change things and modernise the game, yet are still so short-sighted in their desires. Thankfully, Mciness has now signed a new deal at the sheep and we have a director of football in place, for if and when we need a new manager.

A very good SPL manager that managed to bottle it against the worst celtic team in recent years? Taken him 3/4 years to build a side that finishes 2nd, and that's the most they are ever going to be. No chance anyone would accept us challenging for 2nd for the next couple of years to "build" (judging by the negativity towards the current set up at least)

You say that a better manager would be able to get more out the team than Pedro, a contradiction surely when you mention Mcinnes.

I don't understand how our fans demand we change things and modernise the game, yet are still so short-sighted in their desires. Thankfully, Mciness has now signed a new deal at the sheep and we have a director of football in place, for if and when we need a new manager.

I don't think McInnes is the be all and end all but if you watched their set up in the SC final versus Pedro's 2 attempts at them it's not difficult to work out who the better manager is.

Their wage bill will be massive compared to ours and the team they've assembled cost considerably more than ours overall.

Rodgers is a smug bastard.

If we'd actually get our finger out and give the scum a run for their money, we'd see this pricks mask slip big time.

fin 2nd ahead of us on a much lower budget, 2 cup finals............you must not know much about football if you think pedro is a better manager than mcinnes

Their wage bill will be massive compared to ours and the team they've assembled cost considerably more than ours overall.

Rodgers is a smug bastard.

If we'd actually get our finger out and give the scum a run for their money, we'd see this pricks mask slip big time.

another of the timplosion gang......we actually have to have a decent manager and quality throughout the team to put them under pressure..........we have neither barr a few decent players

Back