Rodgers Stirs It : Sellik Have Spent Half Of What Rangers Have This Season..

We staring down the barrel of being 8 behind them after 7 games.

We were 7 behind them after 7 games last season AFTER trips to Pittodrie and the Piggery.

We had an easier start to this season as well. We've had two of the tougher games at Ibrox as well; Hibs and Hearts abs took 1 point.

"playing a basic shape in terms of 4-4-2, nothing complicated, get the ball wide, crosses in the box."

He's not far off though, is he?

Our play is so predictable and any one with a bit of tactical awareness and quality on the park will pick it apart.

Balls into the box against the CB's they have will be moped up all day long - we've got very few players making that run into the box or there to get on the end of a cross.

It's gotten to the stage for me that it's not that I want Pedro sacked but I no longer can come up with excuses or arguments against anyone who does want him sacked.

If we get put out the cup and Celtic beat us next week then he's a goner IMO.

He's hitting far too many roadblocks. Every decent result is followed by a stinker. More than once. 9 games this season and we've had 4 bad results - Progres, Hibs, Hearts, Thistle. I'm willing to give him a bye on the Hibs game even though I thought his team selection second half was diabolical but the other 3 ? 9 games in and he's still got Miller as first name on the team sheet no matter how shit he plays. He's even altered the tactics to 4-4-2 to accomodate him despite forking out £7m on signings that were designed for 4-2-3-1

It's not good enough. It's not excusable either.

I made a post in the "lose this Old Firm game and he's gone thread" asking those who think he'll come good just what individual qualities they see in him and why he's the man for the job. Unsurprisingly, there was not a single response

Our play is so predictable and any one with a bit of tactical awareness and quality on the park will pick it apart.

Balls into the box against the CB's they have will be moped up all day long - we've got very few players making that run into the box or there to get on the end of a cross.

It's the most obvious patchwork tactic ever. Quite clearly there's been no thought whatsoever as to how the personnel will fit into the system during the summer. The balance of the side is minging

There is literally a thread on here with many posters stating that they thought we'd be challenging for the league this year.

Celtic are even ahead in the mind games.

Still, at least our man likes to have a ding-dong with Sutton and says cryptic things about caravans, eh?

It's the most obvious patchwork tactic ever. Quite clearly there's been no thought whatsoever as to how the personnel will fit into the system during the summer. The balance of the side is minging

Stoke City tactics only there is no Crouch, Walters or Jones.

We are firing balls front post with no one making a run. We are delivering cracking balls into the box with only Morelos in there - the nearest player being 10 yards outside the box.

If this is our tactics then why play Miller over Herrera. Why sign Herrera as his movement isn't great and he's not exactly Llorente in the air?

The get the ball wide and put balls in the box tactic has been evident on the right hand side but on the left we've had Miller, Krankjar, Windass etc. none of whom really get wide and put balls into the box.

It does seem a bit all over the place at the moment and the left hand side in particular needs addressed.

But they HAVE spent money - £4.5m on Ntcham, £2.8m on Eboue, £800k on Ajer, £500k on Dembele, £500k on de Vries, £400k on Gamboa, £1.2m on Hayes, £3m loan fee on Roberts over two spells, £3m on Simunovic, £1.5m on Sviatchenko, £1.5m on Boyata, £1.5m on Ciftci, £500k on Christie, £3m on Sinclair - That's in the past two years alone.
Cidtci I was signed by Deila as was Ayer. I thought Hayes was a free. Do we really know the loan fees for Roberts ?
That being said their wage bill which has to be taken into account is vast in comparison to ours.

It's probably a true stat but completely misses the job they both had. If we had a good foundation a good manager spending £8m-£10m should see us at the top. We weren't adding to a solid foundation so his comparison is shite. The managerial ability is a different debate and I think we need to spend on a manager to make and save money on players.

I think there was TBF but he's inexplicably changed formation after Progres when he should have had courage in his convictions and stay the course.

He's bought these players to fit with a tactical system and basically shat it and binned it. The board are the DoF should be demanding answers over this.

And as you said, we've now turned into Stoke City under Pulis as plan B. We concede and we resort to hoofball. It's turgid.

I've defended the manager in the past but he's giving us absolutely nothing to hang our hats on currently.

Cidtci I was signed by Deila as was Ayer. I thought Hayes was a free. Do we really know the loan fees for Roberts ?
That being said their wage bill which has to be taken into account is vast in comparison to ours.

Doesn't matter who was signed by who. They've spent money. Bundles of it over the past two years regardless of who was in their dug out. A helluva lot more than we have.

Rodgers is at it.

They need champions league money to cover wage bill, look at seasons they didnt qualify they sold a player for 10 million +, why didnt they spend why did they take Roberts on loan instead off signing a player perm with all the so called money they have??

By the same token, you don't pay a Scottish manager £2.4m per year to see his team being utterly thrashed in the Champions League for the second year in a row after last years humiliation.

We might have spent 9 million but what is the net spend after the players we shipped out? Don't see much wrong with what Rodgers said but yeah, if you want to go down that route then comparing the overall wage budget and they will be 3 maybe even 4 times ours.

Have they really improved ? Roberts is a loan signing who was there last season, as for Nitchtam I haven't seen anything of him so I'm not sure about him. Johnny Hayes and another loan signing from PSG, who else did they sign ?
Would agree with that. I thought Ntcham was an attacking midfielder but he sits with legoeater. From what I've seen he plays as deep lying playmaker. He has also had some bad and ineffective games. Given his age perhaps thats to be expected.

Hayes has been poor so far from what I've seen.

Celtic are a good bit ahead of everybody in Scotland right now which allows Rodgers to tinker with formations and lineups but against PSG he went with 5 out of his 10 outfield players that arent really tacklers. It was suicide. I was chuffed though I has bet 5-0 to PSG

If the reported transfer figures for Brown, Ntcham, Sinclair and Simunovic are accurate and not their dodgy transfers that include wages, there's 4 players there that probably cost as much as our entire squad. Rodgers is just being a prick.

Even if that is true Brendan - Celtic have spent a vast amount more building their team over the last couple of years. Not even close to being comparable.

In fact Brendan - making that statement makes you look fucking stupid.

By the same token, you don't pay a Scottish manager £2.4m per year to see his team being utterly thrashed in the Champions League for the second year in a row after last years humiliation.

2.4 mill to get the into champs league group stage (regardless of the embarrassing defeats) now times this x 2 and its 4.8 million to bring in min 55 million.

thats why they pay him that, they dont pay him that to be in it after xmas.... that would only be a bonus.

your point is just plain stupid. we paid MW and DW to close the gap and they didnt. we are paying Pedro to close the gap and take us on a decent run in europe and so far theres no return.

He's looking for another job already IMO. Look at me, my opponents are outspending us but the great little old me is still on top. I'm not winning a one horse race anymore, I'm just a brilliant manager, come and get me.
If he was as bright as his teeth and could spot an Adams Apple at two feet he would realise nobody will fall for that claptrap.

One things certain, if we win next week, it won't be Brenda's fault, he will throw his players under the bus, he always does, nothing is ever his fault.

He's looking for another job already IMO. Look at me, my opponents are outspending us but the great little old me is still on top. I'm not winning a one horse race anymore, I'm just a brilliant manager, come and get me.
If he was as bright as his teeth and could spot an Adams Apple at two feet he would realise nobody will fall for that claptrap.

whos winning the one horse race......us, the sheep ?

psg spent more than celtic in the summer. so hopefully on Saturday we will get the same result. as psg did on Tuesday night.

The guy is a bawbag its easy to come out with this pish when your winning almost every week .His mask has slipped a couple of times I cant wait to see and hear this prick once him and his rancid club are put under pressure.

The mind games have started, and the mhedia will be standing by with their massive wooden spoons, just waiting to stir the pot. Thankfully Pedro is an intelligent guy. He can read them like a book and write the next chapter. As a man of the world, I fully expect him to snub their snidey, parochial little game, and leave them to wallow in their own bitterness and hatred. Give them nothing, Pedro.

Stoke City tactics only there is no Crouch, Walters or Jones.

We are firing balls front post with no one making a run. We are delivering cracking balls into the box with only Morelos in there - the nearest player being 10 yards outside the box.

If this is our tactics then why play Miller over Herrera. Why sign Herrera as his movement isn't great and he's not exactly Llorente in the air?

I thought the most impressive we looked in pre-season was with the diamond against Marseille. We contained them well and countered nicely

Since then it's just been the same, straight-forward tactic. He doesn't really adjust the system during games - we pretty much just go long

Genuinely can't fathom why he got rid of Garner for Herrera

Rodgers will, within the next 18 months, leave or be sacked after numerous howlers in the CL.

He'll end up managing next to Warburton.

If the reported transfer figures for Brown, Ntcham, Sinclair and Simunovic are accurate and not their dodgy transfers that include wages, there's 4 players there that probably cost as much as our entire squad. Rodgers is just being a prick.

He is just ramping up the rhetoric to wind us up and in turn get a dig in at fat Pete and his own board. No doubt this self absorbed Whanker was humbled by the 5-0 doing midweek.

Ignore the quotes about money, the real dig is about playing 442 with a 38 year old striker.

Leicester and A.Madrid have energy throughout the side which compliments the system.

Our 442 is one paced pish with no creativity.

Walter would have used that interview to make his players ten foot tall. Lets hope Pedro can do the same because he is basically laughing at us so its time to deliver Pedro.

We f*cked it by not recruiting McInnes. I'd wager he'd have fancied turning us into title challengers with a 9m budget after inheriting the squad we had last season.
He has Aberdeen as bigger challengers than us losing 3 of his best players and spending very little. At the time i didnt want him but as time goes on he keeps proving how good a manager he is by winning with Aberdeen.

The filth are certain to lose to some time, why not against us, we need to play fast, like our lives depend on it and be smart for 90 mins. Its our time.

I think thats more a dig at Liewell than anything.

I doubt he's happy at being given a few pennies to spend, whilst they rake it in.

When you start spending on your way back up from the very bottom.
It doesn't mean you are spending to win the league.
Any fool knows that.

Just random numbers but it's about the base the spend is in that's the important factor.

So, we spent £7m on a squad worth what? £5m? Total squad value £12m

They spent £3.5m on a squad worth £30m? (I've no idea). Total squad value £33.5m

Doesn't really mean we have invested to a point we expect to win the league.

You can't be serious, the gallowgate galacticos squad is surely worth 33.5 squillion!!!

Back