Match Thread Ross County v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

I've never seen anything like this tbh. We've seen these players playing really good football, and now every one of them had no belief in themselves. It's weird.

The confidence took a huge knock at Tynecastle and that was compounded by what happened on Wednesday night. The players were very nervy and we badly needed to win today. Before the game I would have bit your hand off for a win of any description. We do not help ourselves however by missing so many chances or delaying shots inside the box. Gerrard has to impress on the players that they need to start having a go when they get into shooting positions. Kent got lucky with his shot but to put it very obviously, if he does not shoot then he does not score.

The confidence took a huge knock at Tynecastle and that was compounded by what happened on Wednesday night. The players were very nervy and we badly needed to win today. Before the game I would have bit your hand off for a win of any description. We do not help ourselves however by missing so many chances or delaying shots inside the box. Gerrard has to impress on the players that they need to start having a go when they get into shooting positions. Kent got lucky with his shot but to put it very obviously, if he does not shoot then he does not score.
The confidence has been gone since January mate.

Aribo was very good today and we played some decent football. The confidence will come back to the squad, a win and clean sheet helps with that. Depth of squad and competitiveness for the starting eleven can’t be solved until the summer unfortunately. Bring on the Germans.

Yep, all good points.

Does my head in watching a defender or even a midfielder allow themselves to be closed down and then pass the ball back to our goalie for the ball to get booted upfield.
As you say, why not do it themself ?
They are probably in a better position (than the goalie) to see teammates jockeying for position or moving for the ball (no laughing there).

And ffs just shoot sometimes.
The same goes for when we're in their box and can't get a clear sight of goal -- just batter it across the middle.
The ball could go anywhere.
Ping pong in the box doesn't just work against us ! We can do it too.
Could it be to draw the opposition out and create space for us to play in behind them? Might be me but I’m pretty sure that Liverpool, Man City and Barca play the same way when teams camp on the half way line

The 3pts merely papers over the cracks, this squad needs rebuilt entirely in the summer with a new spine of robust types who love the responsibility of being winners....no sentiments allowed.
Morelos sell
Barisic sell
Tav sell
Goldson sell
Kamara sell
Kent can we get even half back on him if so sell

Flanagan let go
Halliday let go
Ojo just go
Barker same
Or it maybe gives us something to build on.....

Could it be to draw the opposition out and create space for us to play in behind them? Might be me but I’m pretty sure that Liverpool, Man City and Barca play the same way when teams camp on the half way line

You're right -- that IS the theory.
But in reality if you watch our opponents they almost all refuse to be drawn forwards.

Frankly, their defensive coaching puts ours to shame.

So, when opposition teams don't get drawn out into our half, we have to look at alternatives.
Like getting the ball forwards faster and more directly.
Not as nice as the pretty stuff, but we actually have the players to score goals from it.

We're really under assault these days.. I thought we did enough to deserve to win that game. Not great, but a deserved win in a tricky away fixture.
Have a look at the BBC report (i know) and you would think differently.
I think given the 3 games ahead this was 'business done' today.

Utter bollox mr drama queen
You will let Andy go? Who the ef will we get to talk to the press when things go ape shit?
We need
Utter bollox mr drama queen
You will let Andy go? Who the ef will we get to talk to the press when things go ape shit?
you’re in the delusional minority if you don’t think we need a major overhaul while paying for it within our means and that translates to player sales not just King and Co emptying their wallets again.

That just showed me that luck and refereeing has played some factor in our recent poor form. Had we got the penalty in the first half that game would not have panned out as nervy as it was. A goal before half time would have settled us down and forced County to come out a bit more. As it was their goalie pulled of a few good saves and again that wee bit of luck in front of goal deserted us. VAR really needs to be introduced yesterday. There is zero defence for not giving us that PK. Dallas either didn’t see it or is making a judgment call that it was accidental. Neither is a valid reason for not pointing to the spot. The handball denied us a chance on goal, so deliberate or not it influenced the run of play. If he didn’t see it then his lineman must have (if they both missed it they’re too incompetent to officiate a professional game) Referees need to stop acting like God and use the help that’s given to them. Sorry to make a big deal out of one incident in 90 minutes, but it really set the tone for the way the game developed and there have been other such incidents in our recent games. Cudos to young Kent for grabbing the winner today. The boy hasn’t hid, nor let his head go down, despite his recent poor form, and being the target of the boo-boys. Well done Rangers, let’s build on this.

WATP!!!

i get that mate. but, hows longs he been here? and hes never going to develop if he dont play is he? and more to the point, when players who are in his position constantly make mistakes that cost us and he still dont get in, when he does, what sort of confidence will he have knowing that he only playing because other players are injured. or, did he just get signed for follow follow pervs???:))
Firstly, he gets development opportunities in reserve games and on the training ground.
It’s there he should be demonstrating his worth and gaining the credit to get himsely first team opportunities..
As for your final theory, the more the merrier.

I'll state the obvious:
We're too slow in attacking, nobody wants to take the initiative to put a thru ball to any attacking player, main reason being there's a lack of movement. Players just slowly move, nobody creates space or drives against defenders to cause confusion or force an opening to receive a pass.

Side to side pass, followed by a pass back to the keeper, followed by a long ball to nowhere.
Why are we relying on nothing but crosses? We usually have one guy in the box up against 4 or 5 defenders, going wide is too predictable. Kent looked more dangerous when he was on the right wing.
Shagger saved us again.

I'm sure it will. We'll have people calling for heads to roll if they beat us. Also watch out for guys who claim the remaining league games are meaningless when we win but spit the dummy out and demand sackings when we drop points.
We don't play meaningless games at Rangers. Anyone who says that can GTF

Back