Match Thread Ross County v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

At least it’s a win and 3 much needed points.
And what it does do is stop the rot (for now). If we had lost today ahead of 3 very difficult matches we could potentially have been looking at 6 straight defeats. We really are a poor side without Ryan Jack and Scott Arfield.

Done at 22 years old , you sure ?
giphy.gif

We so nearly lost this because we don't seem to learn how serious a mistake in the build up can be -suddenly the other team are running full pelter towards your goal, even if they're pretty rubbish they can easily score against you.

What is it with players who risk passing balls in front of goal eventually getting it back to the keeper who blooters the ball up the park and out of danger - don't they know that they're allowed to blooter the ball away from goal themselves? Or have I missed that rule?

Last grump today- having been shouting at players all day to just boot the ball at goal and stop wasting precious time doing the same old thing that has failed upteen times before, Kent eventually does and scores a goal from a deflection. Deflected goal or a ping-pong-around-the- box goal, who cares?

Yep, all good points.

Does my head in watching a defender or even a midfielder allow themselves to be closed down and then pass the ball back to our goalie for the ball to get booted upfield.
As you say, why not do it themself ?
They are probably in a better position (than the goalie) to see teammates jockeying for position or moving for the ball (no laughing there).

And ffs just shoot sometimes.
The same goes for when we're in their box and can't get a clear sight of goal -- just batter it across the middle.
The ball could go anywhere.
Ping pong in the box doesn't just work against us ! We can do it too.

You've got to be at it , surely . Form and the league table say otherwise .

We are utter shite to watch and bar 2 European games , one of which we were outplayed for the majority of the match , we are struggling big time since the turn of the year .
Only the goalkeeper out of 14 players would get pass marks today . there's no inspiration . No spark of genius . No commitment to win a ball in midfield . No one capable of winning a second ball .

A welcome 3 points but we are utter , utter garbage .
Think you'll see a very different team in the next 2 games -well certainly with Leverkusen who want to win and not draw.

Just read this hopefully he does ask for help

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/foot...xing-Ibrox-sides-head-scratching-form-2440656

Still didn't see most of the things I wanted to see from this team and management.

The lack of belief is disturbing. They are way better than they think they are at the moment.

Last edited:
The 3pts merely papers over the cracks, this squad needs rebuilt entirely in the summer with a new spine of robust types who love the responsibility of being winners....no sentiments allowed.
Morelos sell
Barisic sell
Tav sell
Goldson sell
Kamara sell
Kent can we get even half back on him if so sell

Flanagan let go
Halliday let go
Ojo just go
Barker same

A wins a win

Controlled the game without creating alot

Players still look edgy and nervous thought Morelos was a waste of a shirt

Positives out of it was 3 points, a clean sheet (albeit just about) and thought Jones was a breath of fresh air and looked hungry when he came on

I’m sure someone who knows more about tactics than me will put me right, but I think the way we play by pressing very high is actually detrimental to us in Scotland as we don’t get any space in behind the opposing team which our type of players prefer

it works in Europe as the other teams there press forward whenever they can, but in Scotland it’s just backs to the wall defending 90% of the time, which we struggle to break down.
I actually agree, we need to draw teams out and hit them on the break, we have alot of pace in the team which is rarely used.

A wins a win

Controlled the game without creating alot

Players still look edgy and nervous thought Morelos was a waste of a shirt

Positives out of it was 3 points, a clean sheet (albeit just about) and thought Jones was a breath of fresh air and looked hungry when he came on
Joe Aribo deserved a mention on that positives aswell btw he has done well recently considering

Think you'll see a very different team in the next 2 games -well certainly with Leverkusen who want to win and not draw.

I hope you're right . That's the frustrating part . It's very easy to motivate yourself for European games and games against the soapdodgers .

Who's been willing to put that kind of passion and performance in against the bread and butter teams of the SPFL since the shut-down ?

The whole squad are lacking confidence, they've all lost form, point I'm making is slagging them off and dishing out the abuse gets nobody anywhere.
I didnt slag him or abuse him i just cant believe he got a start after his recent performances, however you could say that about 8 or 9 of the team. Difference is Kent cost £7m and has rarely shown justification for that price tag.
Hopefully theu all can kick on from this and regain some confidence for the next 3 games

Still didn't see most of the things I wanted to see from this time and management.

The lack of belief is disturbing. They are way better than they think they are at the moment.
We've just had a whole week of posters telling us how the team "thinks they're better than they are".

The lack of belief comes from us, sadly.

Did Gerrard mention anything about Jack, Arfield or Tav's chances of making Thirsday?

Did Gerrard mention anything about Jack, Arfield or Tav's chances of making Thirsday?

Garry Mac took the after match interview and was about as inspiring as prospect of a week in Wuhan.

He actually thought we played well and passed the ball well too .. was he watching same as me?

Kent is a young player who seems to have let his head down a bit of late, but hopefully this goal,and the one against Braga, give him a boost to kickstart so e good form again.

Last edited:
Well done. A Rangers goal at last and you still find a way to slag Goldson out of it.
Rangers scoring a goal doesn’t stop Goldson from being rubbish. The fact that he managed to avoid another flanger in the remaining 13 minutes is a coincidence. Probably saving it for next Sunday (again).

Putrid rubbish for 90 minutes. We seem to have lost our desire, motivation and team spirit.
It’s totally unacceptable from a Rangers team, get sorted SG, time is running out for you.

The 3pts merely papers over the cracks, this squad needs rebuilt entirely in the summer with a new spine of robust types who love the responsibility of being winners....no sentiments allowed.
Morelos sell
Barisic sell
Tav sell
Goldson sell
Kamara sell

Flanagan let go
Halliday let go
Ojo just go
Barker same

That's going to be the cry EVERY Summer until we actually win 55. Its neither feasible nor sustainable. Some players need to go, some need to come it. That's football. Ripping it up and starting again every 12/24 months doesn't work - for us or anybody else. Gerrard has improved the team/squad. He needs to improve it further, but it will be incremental.

That's if hes still here. I hope he is but the knives are out and I have a sense of inevitability about where we are heading. If he goes, we will go backwards for at least 12 months.

3 points is all about what we got from that game
i still think we are awful
goldson nearly cost us again, mcgregor saved us

3 points is all about what we got from that game
i still think we are awful
goldson nearly cost us again, mcgregor saved us

Biggest error I recall was Davis getting caught on the ball on the half-way line. And not for the first time this season. I wouldn't have him anywhere near the team right now.

Morelos sell
Barisic sell
Tav sell
Goldson sell
Kamara sell

Flanagan let go
Halliday let go
Ojo just go
Barker same
Utter bollox mr drama queen
You will let Andy go? Who the ef will we get to talk to the press when things go ape shit?

Maybe to see if he’d develop?
Maybe because the “model” of buy cheap and sell on at a profits comes with a “won’t get them all right” caveat?
i get that mate. but, hows longs he been here? and hes never going to develop if he dont play is he? and more to the point, when players who are in his position constantly make mistakes that cost us and he still dont get in, when he does, what sort of confidence will he have knowing that he only playing because other players are injured. or, did he just get signed for follow follow pervs???:))

Still didn't see most of the things I wanted to see from this time and management.

I've never seen anything like this tbh. We've seen these players playing really good football, and now every one of them had no belief in themselves. It's weird.

Back