MOTM Poll Ross County v Rangers - 15:00 Sunday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
Thought we were excellent today with a couple of defensive worries.

We never look as quite assured without Helander. The left side of that defence was threadbare at times without his presence. He also guides Bassey a bit better.

Bassey caught out a few times but he’s a work in progress. Personally I would like to see Borna play on Thursday to get him more match fit. Tav also a bit slack on occasion.

Love Aribo and he was great today - however when we play him in midfield we do lose that bit defensively - and in defensive cover. Obviously the attack is much improved, however I do feel that this comes at a cost at the other end - especially in helping the full-backs to run a tighter ship.

Not impressed by us at all today if I’m honest thought we were all over the place at the back and we didn’t control the game the way we would have last season

on the flip side joe Aribos goal was outstanding and I suppose it’s more minutes in the legs of our players

Step in the right direction !
Lots of positives and stuff to sort yet but happy overall. Get through Thurdsay and Sunday will sort itself.

Followed the feed today I wish I didn’t! To far to many bed wetters on here today ppl entitled to their opinion but fook me long long way to go
Onto Thursday now

Go and take a long lay down in a dark room. We completely dominated, looked dangerous every time we went forward, scored some great goals, should have scored more. Conceded a sloppy goal and a penalty Which happens. 3 points on the board and some of you are seething. Absolute lunatics
When I read posts like the one you reacted to is only too clear folks just want to stir things up.

We were never in danger of not winning this game comfortably from the off.we dominated the game apart from maybe five mins at both goals.winning 7-2 wouldn’t have flattered us.Lundstrum took a lot abuse on here on Thursday,some of it an utter disgrace and he started the move for the fourth goal by going in and winning a 50/50 and making the pass that got us away and attacking.a word about our magnificent away support they didn’t stop singing from beginning to the end.well done bears

It is time SG was asked why Helander doesn't get picked more often, especially so as Balogun has had a very poor start to the season. He was at fault for Malmo's 2 goals at Ibrox and for County's 2 goals today.

If Helander has recurring injury concerns that stop him playing week in week out then we need another CB because Balogun on current form just will not do.

I genuinely fear Balogun playing against Scum next Sunday, he is mistakes waiting to happen.
Your blaming Balogun for everything,
We he to blame for the Dundee Utd loss as well?

Go and take a long lay down in a dark room. We completely dominated, looked dangerous every time we went forward, scored some great goals, should have scored more. Conceded a sloppy goal and a penalty Which happens. 3 points on the board and some of you are seething. Absolute lunatics
Looked dangerous every time we went forward..... ehhh naw we didny!!!!
Scored some great goals...... ehhh naw we didny( scored 1)
See when we’re dropping points against shit teams and when it becomes too late to sort things out , you keep telling yourself that we’re not papering over the cracks , you soldier On big man, fill your boots with blind optimism.

I wish people would stop making excuses for Tav's defending. He should have been jumping all over their guy at the rebound. He got a free hit.
Questioned that myself, he should have zoomed out had he I think Aribo would have done the same with the other player?

I understand why Tav did that as the player had back to goal but Tav must have seen the other player and read what was going to happen so hopefully wont take it for granted that there was no danger and put safety first in future?

Far far better from us middle to front, not gonna lie and say I’m not a little concerned by the cheap goals we appear to be shipping atm but we still have a week and another 90mins before the filth game.

On to Armenia!

Think I might settle for a point right now - no chance, the game is at Ibrox, Rangers win a must.

ps Was at the 4-4 game in 1986 - great rollercoaster of a game, still gutted to this day that we didn't hold out at 4-3.
More importantly so was David Holmes pissed off we didn’t win from being 4-3 up v ten men

Comfortable enough win but again sloppy defensively and missed a couple of good chances before they got the pen. We'll get better.

See when we’re dropping points against shit teams and when it becomes too late to sort things out , you keep telling yourself that we’re not papering over the cracks , you soldier On big man, fill your boots with blind optimism.
Nottingham forest yer team aye? Keep your blood pressure in check

Malmo done the same to barisic all night at Ibrox
It's the system. Same as when the Tav haters mention it about the other side. Full backs push high and wide, we need the covering midfielders to plug those holes in transition. Normally Kamara is very good at it as is Jack on the other side. But there were times today when it was Aribo in the left midfield area, and, as good as he is going forward, there's a reason why he isn't usually in that spot against better teams.

No, that was Lundstram fault for not following his man.
The whole defence has been shocking since the season started.
Something which was a major factor in us winning the league.
Not just one player.
Barasic has even been dropped completely.
Gerrard for me needs to find a back four and stick with it going forward.
Not this chopping and changing,.
It rarely works.

Poor defensively but overall we should have won by more ,some on here are acting like spoilt brats with an attitude that we should be winning 6.0 every game or at least bettering the filths result.
Same time last season we would all have been delighted with the result and got right behind the team
We still have much improvement to come and it will

When I read posts like the one you reacted to is only too clear folks just want to stir things up.
You and macca want get a room together, you seriously think I want to Stir things up, have a word with yourself !!! We all want rangers playing well , fact is we’re not!! %^*& me is nobody allowed a different opinion....... unbelievable Jeff!!!

You and macca want get a room together, you seriously think I want to Stir things up, have a word with yourself !!! We all want rangers playing well , fact is we’re not!! %^*& me is nobody allowed a different opinion....... unbelievable Jeff!!!
Football is about winning, ffs last season we were applauding the team for winning ugly at times

We were never in danger of not winning this game comfortably from the off.we dominated the game apart from maybe five mins at both goals.winning 7-2 wouldn’t have flattered us.Lundstrum took a lot abuse on here on Thursday,some of it an utter disgrace and he started the move for the fourth goal by going in and winning a 50/50 and making the pass that got us away and attacking.a word about our magnificent away support they didn’t stop singing from beginning to the end.well done bears
Don't want to be negative in any way but we were in plenty danger of it when they missed that chance at 2-3 mate.

Regardless of whether we should have won 7-2 we need to sort that defence out. I thought this problem of cover at the back when the full backs got forward had been sorted last season but it wasn't today.

The whole defence has been shocking since the season started.
Something which was a major factor in us winning the league.
Not just one player.
Barasic has even been dropped completely.
Gerrard for me needs to find a back four and stick with it going forward.
Not this chopping and changing,.
It rarely works.

I wholeheartedly agree our defence has been poor this season, not one outfield player with the exception of Bassey anywhere near top form.

However I personally don't think we defend that well from December onwards last season, I think we rode our luck in a number of games - this season our luck has run out.

Thought the boys were excellent today in patches, the fast fluidity has returned and we looked a real, consistent threat throughout. Never let the deep block stop us or put us off our game. We set the tempo properly and any side will struggle to deal with that.

Will need to cut out the silly mistakes at the back but reason to feel more optimistic about the week ahead now! Come on Rangers!

Mate you need to log out for a while. This reaction isn't normal. This reads like you're foaming at the mouth.

We won. We have same points as super duper, all conquering, worlds best team celtic and we yet we havent clicked yet. We will improve, they cant get any better. We are in a good position all things considered

I thought we played well, cruised the first 35 minutes then conceded then cruised most of the second half apart from the 10 minute spell when they scored. If Tav scores the one on one he had that was goal of the season and if Morelos takes the other chance he had it t could’ve been a lot more comfortable.

I wholeheartedly agree our defence has been poor this season, not one outfield player with the exception of Bassey anywhere near top form.

However I personally don't think we defend that well from December onwards last season, I think we rode our luck in a number of games - this season our luck has run out.
You may be right on that.
But we defended much better as a team last season.
Not just the back four.
We are missing this as well.
Even Kent was tracking back.

Could have been more decisive, but at least we looked decent going forward, although the defence needs to get its act together.

Good to see Kent more like his old self.

Good performance going forward but worryingly soft at the back.

Overall happy though as there was signs we are getting sharper.
First Ross County goal. Tav posted missing
It is time SG was asked why Helander doesn't get picked more often, especially so as Balogun has had a very poor start to the season. He was at fault for Malmo's 2 goals at Ibrox and for County's 2 goals today.

If Helander has recurring injury concerns that stop him playing week in week out then we need another CB because Balogun on current form just will not do.

I genuinely fear Balogun playing against Scum next Sunday, he is mistakes waiting to happen.
County's first goal was down to Tavernier not controlling the right back area and Goldson not concentrating

Last edited:
Back