Ross McCrorie

nateman

Not been a fan of his since his move to the sheep. As dirty a player as the likes of Brown & Hayes when we play them and always seems to have something to say to the ref. Also showing what an average player he is really, feel like Bates usually looks far better than him whenever we play them.

Still a fan ;)

63C9FB48-F701-4272-A655-BC7D7127E80E.png.572392d6324594c707d85322950f2324.png

Gerrard quickly realised he was pish… He runs about like a pure dafty against the Presbyterians which the uneducated love …

It was Steven Gerrard who said it. :D
Gerrard was just playing psychological games with the lad at the time to try and gey him to improve his performance. He, unsurprisingly, didn't and was shipped put to Portsmouth which signalled his time was up.

No-one can seriously believe that Steven Gerrard rated Ross McCrorie to the extent that he felt he had a future at Rangers - and be captain :D

There were certainly plenty on here who were bigging the player up. It was remarkable.

Gerrard was just playing psychological games with the lad at the time to try and gey him to improve his performance. He, unsurprisingly, didn't and was shipped put to Portsmouth which signalled his time was up.

No-one can seriously believe that Steven Gerrard rated Ross McCrorie to the extent that he felt he had a future at Rangers - and be captain :D

There were certainly plenty on here who were bigging the player up. It was remarkable.

It would certainly have been a lot of pressure to put on the lad. I think that's where most got it from though, Gerrard said it so it must be true.

Completey.

I mean imaging a lad coming through our academy, and at that time probably more deserving of game time than he got, not being given support..

Remarkable indeed.

Completey.

I mean imaging a lad coming through our academy, and at that time probably more deserving of game time than he got, not being given support..

Remarkable indeed.
Anyone with eyes could see that Ross McCrorie did not have the talent to have a future at Rangers.

What is so difficult to understand about that?

Yeah.. Guess you had that figured from day 1 ehh?
Correct. Was in a minority at the time, as everyone was getting carried away.

From very early on it was abundantly clear that his touch, composure, timing of tackles, passing range and ability to read the game was badly lacking. And it never improved.

It literally came after his best performance, he strolled it against the mentally challengeds that day
By the law of averages a player will have one decent game now and again. That was his. But it was never to be seen again.

Gerrard saw him on the training pitch. He knew the lad was lacking the necessary talent.

Correct. Was in a minority at the time, as everyone was getting carried away.

From very early on it was abundantly clear that his touch, composure, timing of tackles, passing range and ability to read the game was badly lacking. And it never improved.

Tbh I'm not quite sure why the attack on the lad in the first place. However, would have been a more than decent option in the squad. Is Sands any better? The young rb we snapped up? (Apologises as don't know his name as yet, looked decent at Annan) but any better?

Or is it just having a go for the sake of it?

Last edited:
McCrorie is a far, far better player than Bates. I have nothing against him, don't see him as dirty at all, just a workhorse. He's at his best as a holding midfielder but he didn't have the passing range to play there for us. He'll move on to the Championship or a similar level at some point - I wish we'd stop selling players to other teams in the league. I'd rather take £100k less to send them down south.

When he was coming through our youth team and playing in the first team l'll admit l thought he had a future at Rangers. Unfortunately it didn't work out for the boy. I wish he had stayed down south because that lot that he plays for will do nothing for his football career. A truly detestable club and support.

Not been a fan of his since his move to the sheep. As dirty a player as the likes of Brown & Hayes when we play them and always seems to have something to say to the ref. Also showing what an average player he is really, feel like Bates usually looks far better than him whenever we play them.

Football player in defending his team shocker…

The boy is a Rangers supporter that unfortunately ended up at Aberdeen.

His allegiances have never been in doubt and he’s got an obligation to look out for his current employer’s best interests.

Don’t think there’s anything sinister in it.

Back