Ross McCrorie

I cant recall him letting us down. He deserves more respect than he is getting on here. There are some scum players who get treated better on here.

He is a fan, he played for us, never says a bad word about us, and he now plays elsewhere. He is an honest professional. Have a little bit more respect for the lad.

To be honest, I find some of the comments In this thread rather embarrassing. Initially I thought the lad had a chance with us, turned out not good enough. He’s a Rangers supporter making a living with another club, albeit that club are vermin. He’ll be moved on by Goodwin asap. Leave the lad alone.

Nobody in a Rangers jersey did a number on brown the way mccrorie did at the piggery.

He was a good player for us in that holding role in midfield.

Strong fast good in the air and won his tackles. Many games for us he would be the one standing toe to toe against opposition thugs.

Gerrard wanted flair players which, unfortunately for Ross, wasn't his natural style.

Some posters can't see past the colour of a jersey. Remember the state of some on here when we signed Aluko, it was like doomsday..... Awwww fxxk naw

Obvious, McCrorie & Ferguson being heavily coached by the lego muncher in the art of moaning at the referee. They never stopped the whole game.

Still baffles me we constantly struggle against a side with McCrorie & Bates in it. FFS
10 plodders behind the ball defending as if their lives depend on it. No space to play.

It's brutal to watch and sometimes difficult to break down

I wonder what the FF opinion would have been of John Brown when he played with Dundee.

I expect players, regardless of their allegiance, to give 100% against us.

I had an issue with Broadfoot because he behaved like a fud. But I have no issue with Ross McCrorie, he played his own game.

The problem is that those with an allegiance to the scum don't give 100% against their heroes.

Not been a fan of his since his move to the sheep. As dirty a player as the likes of Brown & Hayes when we play them and always seems to have something to say to the ref. Also showing what an average player he is really, feel like Bates usually looks far better than him whenever we play them.
He will always make an extra effort against Rangers to try and prove we were wrong in letting him go. I've no irk with the lad.

If the threads were bumped from back when McCrorie was left out of the team when Worral fucked up at Rugby Park or the day he was sent on loan to Portsmouth you'd see how quickly folks opinions change.

He was bang average and never gonna be a regular first team starter for Rangers.As for Bates,I always thought he was crap.

As for Gerrard saying he was a future captain,he also said he was jealous of Ryan Jack’s ability!B-D(l like Jack and he’s a cracking players but come on)

McCrorie did play really well in the 1-0 Old firm game but so did Andy Halliday and he wasn’t good enough either.

pretty sure first half alone I counted 5 fouls

Brown must’ve passed on his “no bookings” card to hand to the ref before a game.

He may well be a Rangers fan, but he was never and will never be good enough for us, that’s no shame, we’ve went up about 10 levels since he played for us

Not been a fan of his since his move to the sheep. As dirty a player as the likes of Brown & Hayes when we play them and always seems to have something to say to the ref. Also showing what an average player he is really, feel like Bates usually looks far better than him whenever we play them.
He’s trying to do the best for the team he plays for.

It’s his job.

Thought he was one of there better players yesterday and made it hard for us to get through. Seemed to be going right against Aribo.

hope he has a long and good career, getting out that hell Hole in the summer would be good for him

Still baffles me we constantly struggle against a side with McCrorie & Bates in it. FFS
In a country of 6 million est people, both of those guys have been deemed good enough at some stage to play for Scotland’s elite football team.

Bates was then signed by Hamburg.

I think to dismiss them as a joke considering, as a pairing, they have played at a higher level than most of the others in the league.

Just because they aren’t as good as Alves, Goldson or Helander doesn’t mean they are awful

See for me, lad is a honest professional. Don’t see what’s wrong with him trying his best even though he is a fan.
Exactly just trying to earn a living FFS. When he gets back home to the man cave I'm sure he catches up with the the team he supports. I know of a current Dundee utd player who does the same but obviously these guys have to look after number one on the day job.

Still a fan ;)

63C9FB48-F701-4272-A655-BC7D7127E80E.png.572392d6324594c707d85322950f2324.png
Can we not just appreciate that him posing for this photo will send the sheep shagging horde into a meltdown? :))

He is only 23 and still developing, if he can improve certain aspects of his game he can become a decent player.

Hayes and ferguson were the biggest cheating bassas in a team full of them.

Their biggest cheating offence though is the one against their own fans as will be shown when they next play with a fraction of the effort they put in yesterday.

I wish Ross all the best in his career. He didn't quite make the grade here but posts saying he's 'a wee prick' and similar I find embarrassing.

I think some on here wake up in the morning and wonder which current or former Rangers players to abuse that day.

Last edited:
He didn’t hide and he never let us down. I wish he was still our player.
He never hid but ultimately was regularly found wanting at a difficult period for our club.

Is he a back end squad filler, maybe. Did he want that, probably not.

I like to get sentimental over Rangers and some players, I'll pass on Ross but wish him no ill.

I wonder what the FF opinion would have been of John Brown when he played with Dundee.

I expect players, regardless of their allegiance, to give 100% against us.

I had an issue with Broadfoot because he behaved like a fud. But I have no issue with Ross McCrorie, he played his own game.

The problem is that those with an allegiance to the scum don't give 100% against their heroes.
I seen this thread and thought firstly of John Brown scoring against us and basically running towards his pals in the Enclosure.

Then I think of someone like Davie Cooper, not just having the audacity to play well against us, but also scoring for Motherwell after he left us, I mean, how dare he??!!

People need to grow up and stop acting like another clubs support. If I was in the position that Ross is, and playing against my former employer, who was the club I supported as a boy, then I'd be giving everything to show that made a mistake letting me go.

To me he’s always been a guy who could be a useful utility player but he’s flawed in every role so you wouldn’t want him starting too often against better teams.

Considering his home grown status I’d have tried to keep him as I think he’s better than Balogun at right back, Simpson at cb, and better suited to Scottish football than Sands as a midfielder.

He also has a sense of urgency in midfield we noticeably lack in our poorer performances. He’s a destructive player but in a proactive way which I think drives the team’s press higher. The games he played early in Gerrards time, he was very good in that suffocating high press and I don’t think it’s coincidence that stopped when he dropped down the pecking order. Even yesterday he was breaking play up miles away from goal so we never really sustained any pressure even though Aberdeen had zero possession in our third.

As a Pompey fan I was delighted when we got him in on loan. He was very poor though, albeit played at RB a lot of the time

A real shame as he showed some big promise when he first broke through for us. Don’t wish him any harm, on,y when he plays against us

Yip, including his manager!
Yes and as I have already explained, Gerrard was just trying to give the lad a lift at the time to see if he could get performances out of him.

No-one seriously believed that Gerrard was being genuine. I blind man could see McCrorie's lack of talent meant that he didn't have a future at Rangers.

To me he’s always been a guy who could be a useful utility player but he’s flawed in every role so you wouldn’t want him starting too often against better teams.

Considering his home grown status I’d have tried to keep him as I think he’s better than Balogun at right back, Simpson at cb, and better suited to Scottish football than Sands as a midfielder.

He also has a sense of urgency in midfield we noticeably lack in our poorer performances. He’s a destructive player but in a proactive way which I think drives the team’s press higher. The games he played early in Gerrards time, he was very good in that suffocating high press and I don’t think it’s coincidence that stopped when he dropped down the pecking order. Even yesterday he was breaking play up miles away from goal so we never really sustained any pressure even though Aberdeen had zero possession in our third.
To me that seems a very fair assessment. I still think that over the next few seasons he can up his career a notch or two

Back