Ross McCrorie

Ffs he’s now a sheep player and giving them 100% . What wrong with that. Fergie the same. Fergie old man says biggest Rangers man in the family. Some people don’t get that play for the sheep it’s a job end of.

His development was clearly affected by nobody knowing if he was a centre half, right back or midfielder.

For me he’s a ball winning midfielder or the middle of a back 3.

I hope Ross does well enough there to get a move down South.
Hes the same with James Sands. Too much of a utility player it stops their growth in nailing a position.

I had such high hopes for him after a couple of decent performances. Think it was the 0-0 game at the piggery under Murty then the 1-0 win Jack scored. But let’s face it he’s simply not good enough. Was coming across as a bit of a prick yesterday as well. Don’t know if I was just frustrated of how the game was going.

I wasn't happy when we sold him, I felt like he could have been developed into a proper Rangers player. Unfortunately for him it looks like he's not going to kick on and will just be another bog standard SPFL player.

No Ill will towards the guy and I would wish him all the best but not whilst he's with the sheep.

We’re not fhilth fans we do not expect ex players or supporters to lie down when playing against us,McCrorie an honest no nonsense hard working professional footballer,He lacks certain qualities required to make it with us but he will do a job at a decent level,
The boy is a blue nose and I wish him all the best just not against us.

Can’t believe there’s still people saying he shouldn’t have been sold. Best of luck to him though.

Nobody in a Rangers jersey did a number on brown the way mccrorie did at the piggery.

He was a good player for us in that holding role in midfield.

Strong fast good in the air and won his tackles. Many games for us he would be the one standing toe to toe against opposition thugs.

Gerrard wanted flair players which, unfortunately for Ross, wasn't his natural style.

Some posters can't see past the colour of a jersey. Remember the state of some on here when we signed Aluko, it was like doomsday..... Awwww fxxk naw

Was also a performance at Pittodrie when we drew 1-1 he literally dragged us through that 2nd half when we were 1-0 down on his own and we got a point out the game. He wasn't as bad to be made out as people are making him sadly the technical ability let him down and he had to be moved on.

He's a huge Rangers fan trying to forge a successful career as a professional footballer. Unfortunately he couldn't reach the level need at us, but he is a lovely young guy and certainly no hatchet man. His combative style leads to conceding fouls, but dirty he is not. A lot of absolute rockets on this thread aiming personal insults need to take a good look at themselves.

Yes and as I have already explained, Gerrard was just trying to give the lad a lift at the time to see if he could get performances out of him.

No-one seriously believed that Gerrard was being genuine. I blind man could see McCrorie's lack of talent meant that he didn't have a future at Rangers.
Not all as educated as you, I guess.
Not that he was deemed good enough in the early days but didn’t mature to the levels Rangers needed.
Just wasn’t good enough from day one!
Yet we still wonder why we don’t see enough youths coming through.

some folk need to have a word with themselves. boy came through the youth system at Rangers, is a Rangers fan and sadly wasn't good enough for Rangers, but always conducted himself well. He is a pro footballer giving his all for his team.

Some people seem more inclined to like Billy Gilmour who f**ked off at 15

Not all as educated as you, I guess.
Not that he was deemed good enough in the early days but didn’t mature to the levels Rangers needed.
Just wasn’t good enough from day one!
Yet we still wonder why we don’t see enough youths coming through.
When he broke on to the scene are you trying to tell me that his touch, control, composure, passing, timing of tackles, link up play and reading of the game impressed you?? Really?

There were a lot of people kidding themselves on with Ross McCrorie purely because they were desperate to see a guy come through the ranks. But as with most of these players, the reality was that he was simply never good enough and lacked the necessary talent.

Not my fault if you couldn't see that.

His development was clearly affected by nobody knowing if he was a centre half, right back or midfielder.

For me he’s a ball winning midfielder or the middle of a back 3.

I hope Ross does well enough there to get a move down South.
He's already been down south with Portsmouth and struggled badly.

I think that's just what is expected/trained into you at Aberdeen

That game when we beat the scum at Ibrox for the first time since we've been back, Mccrorrie was fantastic no ill will towards him at all he just wasn't good enough for us

Don’t have a problem with the guy if he was offered the chance to stay with us and get a game he’d still be here.
He plays the way he’s told to now with the sheep wouldn’t expect him to not try against us.

Hey an Aberdeen player well bedded into their method of a kind of football that suits him and other players not good enough to be anywhere else.

Nobody in a Rangers jersey did a number on brown the way mccrorie did at the piggery.

He was a good player for us in that holding role in midfield.

Strong fast good in the air and won his tackles. Many games for us he would be the one standing toe to toe against opposition thugs.

Gerrard wanted flair players which, unfortunately for Ross, wasn't his natural style.

Some posters can't see past the colour of a jersey. Remember the state of some on here when we signed Aluko, it was like doomsday..... Awwww fxxk naw
I share your opinion, I think he has regressed a little bit. I always felt like he needed to play next to Davis and Jack for a year to come on in terms of ironing out his flaws. Going to the sheep has made it worse, I thought he would excel but on reflection he needs to be the shithouser in a technical team in order to shine. And not a shithouser amongst shit houses.

I think he'll hit a purple patch at some point if he stays injury free, so long as he nails the dm position and stops getting used at cb.

Not been a fan of his since his move to the sheep. As dirty a player as the likes of Brown & Hayes when we play them and always seems to have something to say to the ref. Also showing what an average player he is really, feel like Bates usually looks far better than him whenever we play them.
liked him at first. In at Parkhead kicking pumps out of Brown in OF. Pedro and Muddy conspired to kill his confidence. Had his shot with Gerrard, but like Docherty, wasn't good enough.
hope he has a good career.
feel folk are a bit harsh on him. Didn't we get something like 500m plus Scott Wright for him. Decent amount for an academy kid.

Still baffles me we constantly struggle against a side with McCrorie & Bates in it. FFS
I think the reason is they are good solid defenders. They will play well in a game where all they have to do is defend in a packed defense.

You need to be better than that for Rangers.

Remember him standing up and being counted for when a lot more senior players hid so kudos to him and hope he earns a move down south or such , definitely don’t understand some of the personal abuse on this thread his style of play may see him in about it tackling but in no way is he a hammer thrower or dirty

He’s found his level, never had a problem with him when he wore a blue jersey. Had potential but never fulfilled it, it happens.

A Rangers fan who was discarded by us and most definitely wishes he was still with us. Nothing to see here! … the guy has to earn a wage and now Aberdeen are giving him one - good luck to him.

Nice lad , not at the level we need now but always gives 100% for whatever team he plays for. A proper professional which shows his upbringing and background. Unlike others who suggest that if you are a Celtic supporter and playing against them you should not give 100%.

Yes but Gerrard said, watches him every day in training etc, etc. Just goes to show that just because Gerrard said it and how good a captain he was doesn't mean it's right. Every manager can be wrong about a player.
It was a psychological statement from Gerrard to try and boost McCrorie's confidence and to try and get him to improve his performance. Deep down Gerrard could see that the lad's talent was seriously lacking, hence he was punted to Portsmouth and never to be seen again.

Do you expect him to come to Ibrox and make it easy because he's a fan? OP scratching the bottom of a barrel here...

Classic FF thread. An honest big guy who gives 100% every time he plays as any professional should. Unfortunately he is playing for Aberdeen or I'd wish him all the very best.

Classic FF thread. An honest big guy who gives 100% every time he plays as any professional should. Unfortunately he is playing for Aberdeen or I'd wish him all the very best.
I wouldn't say his performance was 'honest' on Saturday. Fouling, moaning, niggling, spoiling etc Anything but trying to play football. The sheep are welcome to him.

Back