Votes: 16 1.4%
  • Kent

Votes: 188 16.5%
  • Jack

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Hagi

Votes: 2 0.2%

• Total voters
Really looking forward to the Europa League starting again. A tough away game but think we can edge it 1-2 Rangers. Morelos and Kent. :shh:

This will be a tough game.
I’m sure they’ll come at us early on.
Hope Alfie is sharp and Kent on form to help us get forward and create.
Fancy Tav to deliver something for us.

Away from Scottish football, we've been playing well in Europe, confident we'll take something from the game tonight.

Hopefully a win.

2-0 with Roofe getting a late one after an early Alfie battering ram. I can see them being nervous and the full backs better be up for it tonight. Barisic and Taverner should have plenty in the tank for tonight.

Can't fecking wait for this game. Beats the drudgery of the 10 men behind the ball we get week in week out. Will be a tough game but Stevie G and the team are good at delivering in Europe. A draw minimum for me but I do think we'll win tonight

Next goal will be 100th of season.

buff to bag it in 5mins.

what’s their team news? Usually hear in the media that they have full team out and have to play u19s

Next goal will be 100th of season.

buff to bag it in 5mins.

what’s their team news? Usually hear in the media that they have full team out and have to play u19s
They are missing a few players, most notably their best striker who is an absolute monster physically but can finish - Mbokani.

Missing their other main striker who was trying to force a move last window, turned up to the TC in an Anderlecht strip - Ze Lamkel

Missing their first choice goalie & a starting midfielder also- Butez/Haroun.

So quite a few to be honest.

I’m sure our Belgian correspondent @Jelle1880 can advise of any others.

This will be like a pleasant holiday after the hard reality of grinding out league wins. Different team, different approach. I’m just going to enjoy it, at least that’s what I’m saying now!

Some goal stats I made for this seasons Rangers EL campaign.

EL.png
Good graphic. Think it confirms what we see with the team in that the first 15 and final 15 minutes are when we seem a bit more vulnerable.

Overall though a good record of goals F/A.

I find myself feeling that this game is a distraction from the main event which is our next league game. Previous Euro rounds to get to get to this stage were huge. Now, however my entire focus is on the Dundee Utd game. The league is everything and want to see us back to top form so we can turn the screw on any hopes the tims are beginning to harbour. Come kick off of course I’ll likely turn full circle.

Looking forward to the game tonight.
As the gaffer says, we have looked great in training this week and we will be up for it without a doubt.
I fancy us to win 2-0.
Let's go

A draw or win with an way goal would set us up nicely for Ibrox. Nice to have European nights back again.

I'm looking forward to the game and hopefully a more relaxed match thread away from the stress of being 15 points clear in the league . I can see a victory to the Teddy Bears by a couple of goals , cheers again @DocStone ..... get a feeling I may even participate in the thread tonight ... the world's gone mad I tells thee .

My heart will be on the ropes if it's a ground out 2-1 or 1-0

Be interesting to see how Romelu Lukaku's wee brother plays

Things I look forward to as a Rangers fan, a great European night.

Or as Sceptic fans call it.............Thursday

I think we'll draw tonight and win the return leg.

I have no idea the quality of Antwerp at all. I know the beat Spurs at home in the group stages.

I'd take a score draw right now.

My heart will be on the ropes if it's a ground out 2-1 or 1-0

Be interesting to see how Romelu Lukaku's wee brother plays
Mate they are 2nd in the Belgian league and beat Spurs in the group stages, I’d be absolutely delighted with a ground out 2-1 win!!

I have no idea the quality of Antwerp at all. I know the beat Spurs at home in the group stages.

Not taking anything away from them, Spurs fielded a weakened team that night and only brought some of their big hitters on midway through the 2nd half, like I said not taking them lightly at all.

Spurs fielded a weakened team, Mourinho also called out his players attitude after the game for not trying a leg.

We will win here comfortably.

They are also missing key players.

Spurs fielded a weakened team, Mourinho also called out his players attitude after the game for not trying a leg.

We will win here comfortably.

They are also missing key players.

I hope so, I guess I'm still stuck in the a draw is a good result away from home mindset.

I'd like to see the starting 11 as:

McGregor, Tavernier, Goldson, Helander, Barisic, Jack, Davis, Kamara, Roofe, Morelos, Kent.

If the subs bench is then McLaughlin, Balogun, Simpson, Aribo, Hagi, Arfield, Stewart, Itten, Dickson - does that meet the home grown quota for European matches? I guess someone like King might find himself on the bench if not.

Edit - forgot about Scott Wright!

Last edited:
I'd like to see the starting 11 as:

McGregor, Tavernier, Goldson, Helander, Barisic, Jack, Davis, Kamara, Roofe, Morelos, Kent.

If the subs bench is then McLaughlin, Balogun, Simpson, Aribo, Hagi, Arfield, Stewart, Itten, Dickson - does that meet the home grown quota for European matches? I guess someone like King might find himself on the bench if not.
I think that will be the line up, pretty much the whole squad is on the bench in EL games mate so you only need to have HGQ in the squad.

We are actually better in the HGQ department since we brought Wright in.

Back