RTV prices

Yeah you can do it with the on demand stuff, but can’t do it during live broadcast for some reason....frustrating

Which browser are you using? I know you can change it on the iPad but I have never tried it on the iPhone. Might be a screen layout issue depending on screensize or it could be the browser.

Which browser are you using? I know you can change it on the iPad but I have never tried it on the iPhone. Might be a screen layout issue depending on screensize or it could be the browser.

Safari on iPhone.
As I said, if I log in now I can see the settings cog when I play a video. But when there is a live broadcast it’s not there.

I thought the replay of the game generally wasn’t available until after midnight UK time if I’m honest,

Can’t argue regarding support mate - I get the sense it is a couple of guys on day shift and that’s your lot. One of the reasons I try to help on here purely from my own experiences of RangersTV.

Your setup and broadband speed trumps mine yet today, again, I had a flawless experience. I also have a VPN to factor in, with the reduction in speed that brings. Sure, I’m in the UK (on a day trip to The Netherlands for RangersTV purposes) but, other than that there should be no difference. I think @WeeJohnnyGreer is your side of the pond and he was the same. If the problem is the source steam I’d expect us all to have the same issues.

Out of interest, are you using a Mac? I’ve noticed that Apple devices seem to be more problematic since just before Christmas.

Just as an aside, I know Liverpool have their tv channel on Sky but I don’t think that, or their online version equivalent to RangersTV, do live matches. Can’t see it anyway but maybe I need to switch on my VPN to see it. I’m fairly certain they don’t do live matches though.
I think your right about Liverpool, the money involved with the EPL means the broadcasters hold tight to exclusive rights

I think your right about Liverpool, the money involved with the EPL means the broadcasters hold tight to exclusive rights

Thanks for that. I will ask again, because I'm genuinely interested, are your issues on a Mac? Just a theory I have from reading posts on there that there have been issues on Apple devices since just before Christmas. I might be imagining it right enough.:)

Thanks for that. I will ask again, because I'm genuinely interested, are your issues on a Mac? Just a theory I have from reading posts on there that there have been issues on Apple devices since just before Christmas. I might be imagining it right enough.:)

I used a mac yesterday to watch the game and playbak was flawless. I was more annoyed I had to purchase the game as a one off since RTV are still maintaining I never had a previous subscription!

I used a mac yesterday to watch the game and playbak was flawless. I was more annoyed I had to purchase the game as a one off since RTV are still maintaining I never had a previous subscription!

Good to hear - well, the first part at least. Do you have access to your WorldPay account? That would prove your previous subscription by providing you with a list of payments. You should have an email from them with your login and password (which you kept, of course).

Good to hear - well, the first part at least. Do you have access to your WorldPay account? That would prove your previous subscription by providing you with a list of payments. You should have an email from them with your login and password (which you kept, of course).

Yes, sent them a screenshot of it. They told me I cancelled it in Auguest last year but I upgraded to overseas account in August. There was a payment issue in September which I only saw when I logged back into Worldpay - I have a work's CC so the wife took care of that. I was still active on the Rangers TV site though and watched the Tashkent game live. They told me they had no access to the pre-migration account and that I would need to resubscribe regardless. I offered to do that if they could set it up at the previous rate. I was told I would need to contact the club directly regarding that.

Yes, sent them a screenshot of it. They told me I cancelled it in Auguest last year but I upgraded to overseas account in August. There was a payment issue in September which I only saw when I logged back into Worldpay - I have a work's CC so the wife took care of that. I was still active on the Rangers TV site though and watched the Tashkent game live. They told me they had no access to the pre-migration account and that I would need to resubscribe regardless. I offered to do that if they could set it up at the previous rate. I was told I would need to contact the club directly regarding that.

Your WorldPay account should show the payments coming out in Sep - Dec though. Surely they will accept that? Albeit the issue in Sep might not show.

One thing I would make sure of is that your RangersTV account on WorldPay has indeed been cancelled. If not do it yourself. Now. Or you run the risk of being debited again.

I had a chat with @The Double A Man via PM about his posts on this thread because, as can be seen, he was advised by RangersTV to re-subscribe at the new rate of £24 per month because he got the dreaded 'your email is not recognised' message. So, I thought I would summarise what happened to him and how he, fortunately for him, finally got it resolved. It might help out others in the same position - provided they can get Support to engage with them.

Firstly, what should have happened....

When he attempted to login to his old account with his username he, as expected, got a prompt telling him to login with his email address and then reset his password. That would have worked, as it did for me, had he had the correct email address registered with RangersTV. He didn't, his RangersTV email address was an old one to which he no longer had access. The changeover for me was done in less than 5 minutes and when I look at my account now it shows me paying the Monthly Unlimited (hidden legacy) at £17.25. More on that later.

Secondly, what happened to him.....

Because his email address was unrecognised they couldn’t transfer his account across. They should have been able to sort that out with evidence of subscription from him but instead told him, after some email exchanges with his NEW email address, to re-register and they would cancel his old account. I've no idea how they proposed to do that without his old email address or some way of identifying he was who he said he was. So he started a new subscription at £24. He therefore had TWO live subscriptions and was subsequently charged for both. This resulted in further email exchanges (as many as 12) in an effort to resolve the double-charging issue. On the plus side, at least Support were engaging with him.

It now looks like they have finally done what they should have done in the first place and appended his NEW email address to his OLD account and, hopefully, cancelled the new £24 subscription. If he looks on his account now it should show him on the Monthly Unlimited (hidden legacy) at £17.25 per month. That’s what mine shows as stated above. I just hope they’ve cancelled and refunded his £24 one. If only they’d gone down that route in the first place. It concerns me every time I read someone has re-registered. It's only an easy option if you don’t subscribe monthly.

Basically the initial advice to re-register was not helpful. They should have asked for evidence of his subscription (he could have got it from WorldPay) and simply updated his email address on the old account and transferred it across. This SHOULD have been so easy if RangersTV has asked, a month in advance, for folk to check and, if necessary, update their registered email address - with an automated response coming back to verify that it had been recognised. Sadly, however, it would appear that some folk who did have their up-to-date email address registered may have encountered similar issues - there's just no explanation for that. Very, very poor.

I guess the object of this post is to warn everyone on a monthly subscription who re-registered (be that on the advice of RangersTV or not) to keep a very close eye on their bank/credit card/PayPal account to make sure they are not debited twice for the same product. I fully expect there will be many, many more who encounter this problem.

Ah well, this mess will probably save me money long term. Just going to buy at the games as needed and given I get to some of the games and can’t see a few due to playing commitments midweek or weekends, I’ll be better off as I can’t see me needing to purchase 30 games a season to watch.

See what I mean?

No mate I don’t. On iPad. I get the Settings icon. It doesn’t have Auto but it does let me select from 1080p, 720p and 460p.

Will have a quick try on iPhone.

EDIT: You’re right. No Settings icon on iPhone. WTF?

No mate I don’t. On iPad. I get the Settings icon. It doesn’t have Auto but it does let me select from 1080p, 720p and 460p.

Will have a quick try on iPhone.

EDIT: You’re right. No Settings icon on iPhone. WTF?

I emailed RTV and asked them why the cog isn’t there on live broadcast but is for on demand and they replied

The mobile device should be set to automatically do this for you which why its not there.

So......this doesn’t make much sense to me, do you know if I can set it to output at 1080p anywhere in my settings?

I emailed RTV and asked them why the cog isn’t there on live broadcast but is for on demand and they replied

So......this doesn’t make much sense to me, do you know if I can set it to output at 1080p anywhere in my settings?

All I can take from that is that the iPhone will automatically output at the highest possible setting the feed will allow - with no option to select a lower setting. I had a quick look at a couple of videos on YouTube on my iPhone and they do allow you to change the Quality setting (though they too seem to default to an Auto setting that's generally 360p or 480p) but changing from 480p to 1080p on my iPhone made no difference to the quality at all. Presumably because it was uploaded at the lower setting. You can change video capture setting on iPhone - but not video output as far as I can see.

Reactions: BWO
It's working for me - well bought the last two games as a one off via PayPal.

It's the setting up a pre-approved subscription payment for the monthly billing I'm trying but it just throws an error that the page doesn't exist. Think everyone has had the same issue with the monthly billing. Loathe to give them my credit card details directly.

Mine went up from £17 to £24 but it's so worth it. Can now watch games via a VPN on public transport with little or no lagging / buffering.

Before if I didn't have the feed connected WiFi it would have been unwatchable.

Bit the bullet earlier this week and bought the full annual subscription. Had to take a wee holiday for that option to be available, but for some reason it wouldn’t accept my credit card. Managed to get it through eventually by changing browser, seemed a bit odd.

Also, it didn’t want to play the Ross County match on Safari, Firefox or Chrome no matter what I set my VPN to - all OK on Brave though.

Seems strange all round that browser choice makes such a difference.

Back