RTV/VST Viewers - Tips and Help - Updated With App Info

In work on back shift. Gave my parents my log in to watch it from my account at home.

They loaded it from an iPad then cast it to the tv through Chromecast but my Old Man said perfect picture but No sound.

Anyone else got that issue?

And before anyone says I've asked if they havent muted the tv lol.

Im fine so Im not complaining but Rangers need to make things simpler. This thread is evidence of this.

In work on back shift. Gave my parents my log in to watch it from my account at home.

They loaded it from an iPad then cast it to the tv through Chromecast but my Old Man said perfect picture but No sound.

Needs to expand it to full screen to unmute it. Alternatively, if you touch the screen the word Unmute will appear in the top left to click and Unmute it.

I purchased the Home match package at the weekend for 26.99 which runs Aug 9th - Sep 21
Did anyone else purchase this? I'm not sure if I got 3 games from St Mirren game or 4, ending after the Dundee United game. Date would make me think 4 but I'm sure I only read 3 games when I paid . Can't see it now
I think it's a mistake and I think Valley Bluenose spotted this at the time but I don't think we'll get the game in September.
You'll see what you've bought in the "My profile/account setting once logged into RTV

When the video first starts I've noticed the audio is muted. Should be an unmute option top right (I think, from memory).

On iOS there’s often a big “unmute” on top left of video, which only appears when you press on it. Then click the word to unmute it. Guaranteed that will be the issue.

“Page not responding” when I click watch match on amazon silk browser.

First I’ve had this sort of problem, any ideas?
Try a different browser. Chrome if its available or Firefox maybe.

It’s working now. No idea what the issue was. Worked perfectly fine doing the exact same thing in every other VST game.

Perhaps just a bit temperamental when everyone is trying to log-on at the same time.
Perhaps just my WiFi playing up tonight.

Either way - it’s working now thankfully.

You only need to redeem the voucher once, the very first time you do so. After that it’s just log in and away you go. On the following website if you are a VST viewer (or on the App).

My Granda can't seem to follow this instruction. Just had him on for over half an hour and she still can't get it.

Poor bugger is a season ticket holder and relying on a shit stream

Help twice it’s started after logging in and clicking on live game then screen gone blank with message that ‘you are blocked from watching this video’

Any suggestions?
Ps paid for 3 game package and was fine at the weekend

Fine for me but servers must be struggling with all the unwashed tuning in tonight

Trying to watch on my phone, through the Rangers tv app, had far better quality from illegal streams and with less buffering.

Got the game on my phone on the Rangers TV app. Its playing fine just now but when I cast it to Chromecast, I just get a screen saying Rangers vs St Johnstone 7.45. Does anyone know if it will play when the game starts or should I just login through my tv browser?

You can't cast from the app cast icon, you need to use your device cast icon or mirror screen.

Pished off still can't get on and no reply from my email to Rangers. Submit button doesn't work. Tried safari and chrome.

My Granda can't seem to follow this instruction. Just had him on for over half an hour and she still can't get it.

Poor bugger is a season ticket holder and relying on a shit stream

Too late now but if you can go through the process in the OP of this thread.

Looks lengthy but basically involves visiting the RangersTV website first to verify that the Access Code has been correctly redeemed.

After that its go to the 'live' website to stream the game and logon by following the pictorial guide in the OP.

No disrespect but some folk cant get their head around the two websites concept and end up on the RangersTV website to stream the game. It won't work. Needs to be the 'live' website.

Last edited:
We bought it but when trying to log on the through the internet on tv it won’t woke just won’t let us press log on but can log on via phone not a problem.

We bought it but when trying to log on the through the internet on tv it won’t woke just won’t let us press log on but can log on via phone not a problem.

TV browsers are crap. Some will work alright, some will work badly and some won't work at all. That, basically, is the problem here. You might want to try casting from your phone or getting an adapter and HDMI cable.

Anyone got stop start problem watching game. Through live. Rangers on IPad ( Google Chrome)
There might be an easy fix if anyone can help. I’ve had to keep reloading page

cheers In Advance

The only problem I have had is when I logged in to the wrong RTV page its important if using season ticket code you use live.rangerstv.co.uk. I have found the live coverage always seems to start later than advertised coverage usually only starts 15 mins before kick off in my experience. I have always managed to get it running and it has been perfect no buffering.

Missed the first 17mins but when I got it going it was perfect.Tried that many things I'm not sure how I got there but I did.

The only problem I have had is when I logged in to the wrong RTV page its important if using season ticket code you use live.rangerstv.co.uk. I have found the live coverage always seems to start later than advertised coverage usually only starts 15 mins before kick off in my experience. I have always managed to get it running and it has been perfect no buffering.

Coverage - namely 'moving pictures' - have started on both sites 30 minutes before kick-off for both home matches.

And for those of us on the Overseas Unlimited subscription no need to use your VPN for a short trip abroad. Looks like that is going to be the position for home games whilst we are BCD. Useful for those with poor broadband speeds which are slowed further by their VPN.

Turns out account was blocked. Had to reset password on Rangers TV site.

If you’d tried following the OP and checking your Account on RangersTV you’d have got the account blocked message there and would have got a resolution from on here quicker, as in the Password Reset route. It’s usually the result of not logging out fully (the site can be flaky and doesn't always fully log you out) and then ending up logged in on two devices.

Managed to get the game on the iPad last night so it looks like they have resolved the IOS issues and the whole thing played with no buffering at all. Would be well chuffed if I could cast to the telly but can’t work that one out yet.

I've been watching through a Firestick, the first game on Silk browser there was an almost rhythmic blip like it was losing the signal every 45 secs. Tried firefox last night and much the same, only slightly better but a less sharp picture.

Anyone know a workaround?

Managed to get the game on the iPad last night so it looks like they have resolved the IOS issues and the whole thing played with no buffering at all. Would be well chuffed if I could cast to the telly but can’t work that one out yet.

I'm sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong but, with Apple devices, in order to cast to the tv you need 1 of 2 things: a television set that has built-in AirPlay (very few on the market) or an AppleTV box to cast it to via AirPlay.

From the RangersTV FAQ:

Yes, you will be able to cast to a smart TV via:

• Desktop browsers: Chromecast (Chrome) and AirPlay (Safari)
  • Mobile browsers: Chromecast (Chrome) and AirPlay (Safari)
EDIT: Seemingly Chromecast from an iPad is possible as well if you have downloaded the correct Apps and have a Google Account:

Last edited:
I've been watching through a Firestick, the first game on Silk browser there was an almost rhythmic blip like it was losing the signal every 45 secs. Tried firefox last night and much the same, only slightly better but a less sharp picture.

Ive had exact same issue with Silk on Firestick.

I purchased the 3-game offer for £27. I watched the St Mirren game again during the week and worked fine. Likewise, I checked this morning that I could watch the full St Johnstone game again and it also worked. However, when I tried to play the 'Ninety in Ninety' for the Saint Johnstone game it stated that I do not have the required package to be able to view the content. Last season, I would continuously use the monthly package of approx £17 which gave access to everything on RTV. This then went up to £24 a month I noticed towards the end of last season for most folk. I would have thought it reasonable, therefore, at purchasing 3 games for £27 to be allowed to at least have access to all our games played this season, highlights and all. Is that asking too much?

By the way, the new RTV has been excellent. May I also suggest that RTV could have a nightly programme for an hour or so with interviews, talk show style and a 'down memory lane' section? For us old codgers I recall back in the late '90's we had this and it was a big hit.

I purchased the 3-game offer for £27. I watched the St Mirren game again during the week and worked fine. Likewise, I checked this morning that I could watch the full St Johnstone game again and it also worked. However, when I tried to play the 'Ninety in Ninety' for the Saint Johnstone game it stated that I do not have the required package to be able to view the content. Last season, I would continuously use the monthly package of approx £17 which gave access to everything on RTV. This then went up to £24 a month I noticed towards the end of last season for most folk. I would have thought it reasonable, therefore, at purchasing 3 games for £27 to be allowed to at least have access to all our games played this season, highlights and all. Is that asking too much?

By the way, the new RTV has been excellent. May I also suggest that RTV could have a nightly programme for an hour or so with interviews, talk show style and a 'down memory lane' section? For us old codgers I recall back in the late '90's we had this and it was a big hit.

You've bought the PPV package - not a subscription to RangersTV. That's why you can't view content intended for subscribers, like the 90 in 90, Inside Ibrox, Away Days etc. The monthly version of the Unlimited (Overseas) package is not currently available, its a £240 Annual subscription. If they made all the subscriber stuff available to PPV customers where's the incentive for those paying up front for the year? That's what Rangers want to encourage - money in the bank 12 months in advance.

Last edited:
Last night was the video was flawless for me, as in no buffering at all. I thought the sound was marginally out of sync last night, other than that, it was issue free.

I've never had this with RTV and Silk. However the last two games I've been streaming it through the app that's been side loaded onto the Firestick and it's been flawless. It's not easy to navigate with the remote to select the live game but it does work. The mouse app would probably work better with it as at the moment it won't play RTV videos if you have a subscription.

Bought last nights game and the only problem I had was In getting up a full screen, it kept buffering when I tried to get full screen on my laptop. Waited until half time and it worked fine then.

Bought last nights game and the only problem I had was In getting up a full screen, it kept buffering when I tried to get full screen on my laptop. Waited until half time and it worked fine then.

Standard advice for buffering is to go to the Settings cog in the bottom right. Change it from Auto to 1080p - or lower, until it stops buffering. If it was happening when you tried to go full screen it suggests to me that your broadband was struggling badly or your wifi signal was too weak. Kids on XBox, Mrs on Netflix etc? Too far away from the router?

Some people have spent 700 quid for their live games so take your £27 and feck off :D

Old tv packed in 3 weeks ago so bought a LG and connected it to my hub and used Google and got RTV, signed up for PPV and watched no problem, maybe just lucky as am not technically minded just a young OAP

Back