RTV/VST Viewers - Tips and Help - Updated With App Info

I finally got logged on 20 mins into the game. I'm VST. A few pointers:

1. It seems if you try to log on on another device or even another browser(on the same device!) your account will be blocked. I think my issue was I was trying to watch on Laptop but I was logged on to RTV app on my phone( logged on weeks ago!)

2. It also seems logging on via live.Rangers.co.uk does not work anymore. You need to log on first via tv.Rangers.co.uk then go to live.Rangers.co.uk

3. Basically I had to log out of all devices including RTV app on my phone. Then do a password reset on the device I wanted to watch. Don't log on via any other devices (including RTV app) or browser or it immediately blocks your account.

Definitely this. Great advice mate.

Just hope these issues get resolved before our next game though.

Last edited:
Getting close to sacking it. Have been a subscriber for three years without problems but the last few games have been shite & to rub salt in the wound I’ve just missed Roofe’s goal.

Get the basics right like bandwidth & concurrent users before paying Clive bloody Tyldesley

Shit.
Was signed in on my phone watching the game.
Decided to go on to the laptop but it was blocked. So logged out of phone and tried laptop and each device is now saying blocked???
Any ideas???

I finally got logged on 20 mins into the game. I'm VST. A few pointers:

1. It seems if you try to log on on another device or even another browser(on the same device!) your account will be blocked. I think my issue was I was trying to watch on Laptop but I was logged on to RTV app on my phone( logged on weeks ago!)

2. It also seems logging on via live.Rangers.co.uk does not work anymore. You need to log on first via tv.Rangers.co.uk then go to live.Rangers.co.uk

3. Basically I had to log out of all devices including RTV app on my phone. Then do a password reset on the device I wanted to watch. Don't log on via any other devices (including RTV app) or browser or it immediately blocks your account.

So many folk saying they logged in on this device, they logged in on that device etc. That will get your Account blocked - as so many have discovered. You can only be logged in on ONE device at any given time. That includes being logged in on the App and then trying to login to a browser. Log out of the App every time you leave it.

From the FAQ:

Use of a RangersTV subscription/ pass is limited to viewing on one device at any time one time.

So many folk saying they logged in on this device, they logged in on that device etc. That will get your Account blocked - as so many have discovered. You can only be logged in on ONE device at any given time. That includes being logged in on the App and then trying to login to a browser. Log out of the App every time you leave it.

From the FAQ:

Use of a RangersTV subscription/ pass is limited to viewing on one device at any time one time.
I wasn’t logged in on any device and was being told I was blocked.

I wasn’t logged in on any device and was being told I was blocked.

Logged in on App? Logged in on another device from two weeks ago? Other likely cause is incorrect password. If you are logging in on a mobile device, for example, it will auto-capitalise the first letter of your password. It will then fail.

Only found out account blocked when i tried actual rtv account

Live page does nothing

Ran up my mums who has my second season ticket login.

No reply from rtv 2 hours later.

Laptop overheated and i tried logging in on another computer in the house to cause the block.

Just read up will do password reset later thanks

OK, so after more experimenting it seems it just blocks your account for no reason at all. Very odd. Only logged in on one device, working ok. Logged out. Closed browser. Ran CCleaner. 5 mins later, open browser & try to log back in and no response from submit button & need to go back through the password reset procedure.

So to sum up, every time I want to log on I need to go through password reset procedure.

Realistically, how far behind real time is RTV?

If I watch a game on sky and I’m on in play betting on a bookies site it’s pretty much The same time in screen and on the website. On RTV, more often than not, the actual game time is over a minute ahead of my stream (based on what the bookies are showing)

I’ve been streaming via my phone to Chromecast on the tv and really can’t fault the coverage but the lag does seem significant.

cant work out if it’s just my feed, Chromecast or if it’s accepted a Internet feed is always going to be behind the likes of a sky feed?

If I watch a game on sky and I’m on in play betting on a bookies site it’s pretty much The same time in screen and on the website. On RTV, more often than not, the actual game time is over a minute ahead of my stream (based on what the bookies are showing)

I’ve been streaming via my phone to Chromecast on the tv and really can’t fault the coverage but the lag does seem significant.

cant work out if it’s just my feed, Chromecast or if it’s accepted a Internet feed is always going to be behind the likes of a sky feed?
Internet streams are always behind. Same with Now TV & BT Sports.

Watching on Sky, presumably on a tv, is completely different to streaming something. There will always be a delay of 30-60 seconds on a stream. Same if you watch BT Sport online or footie via Amazon Prime.

It’s perfectly normal.

OK, so after more experimenting it seems it just blocks your account for no reason at all. Very odd. Only logged in on one device, working ok. Logged out. Closed browser. Ran CCleaner. 5 mins later, open browser & try to log back in and no response from submit button & need to go back through the password reset procedure.

So to sum up, every time I want to log on I need to go through password reset procedure.

That’s interesting, and bizarre. Do you get the same results using the link below? It has /live added at the end of the live.rangers.co.uk bit:

My account just says blocked now too. Using the app that is.

Edit: now blocked using browser too

My account just says blocked now too. Using the app that is.

Edit: now blocked using browser too

Password Reset will fix it. No idea why this is happening other than logging in on two devices or repeated password errors. You can re-use the same password if you want when you do the reset I think.

Worth noting that hitting the Logout button on the RangersTV website doesn’t always log you out - sometimes takes me several attempts.

Last edited:
I'm trying to watch the game back but it's saying I'm in an unauthorised country. I paid via PPV. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I'm trying to watch the game back but it's saying I'm in an unauthorised country. I paid via PPV. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Full match replay - in the UK - generally isn’t available until after midnight. If you’ve a VPN to change location to overseas you ‘may‘ get it earlier.

Password Reset will fix it. No idea why this is happening other than logging in on two devices or repeated password errors. You can re-use the same password if you want when you do the reset I think.

Nice one mate

Now trying to figure out how to watch the game. I pay the 6 quid a month and says its unavailable. Can't find where to buy the game if its still ppv. Rangers acting like they don't want out money.

Nice one mate

Now trying to figure out how to watch the game. I pay the 6 quid a month and says its unavailable. Can't find where to buy the game if its still ppv. Rangers acting like they don't want out money.

See post #720. After midnight for UK viewers I think. That probably includes those who bought on PPV but certainly includes UK subscribers. Be aware, it’s sometimes a good bit after midnight.

I have the Unlimited subscription but can’t get it if I log in from the UK. I suspect I would logging in from overseas though. Rights issues I guess.

Worth noting that hitting the Logout button on the RangersTV website doesn’t always log you out - sometimes takes me several attempts.
The issue seems to be it's not letting you submit the login details but if you try a different device it either repeats the same issue or says that your account is suspended. We know that there are issues with logging out as in the past it won't log you out without clearing just about everything in your browser so that may be something to do with it.

I eventually managed to watch it on a firestick with the firefox app and had it not been for the default mute setting I would have had no problems but the last couple of games if you try to unmute or click anything it either takes to back to the watch now screen or crashes completely. Had it been sound on by default I would have had no issues and I eventually managed to get it working for the game but it really isn't good enough for others who may not be tech savvy.

The issue seems to be it's not letting you submit the login details but if you try a different device it either repeats the same issue or says that your account is suspended. We know that there are issues with logging out as in the past it won't log you out without clearing just about everything in your browser so that may be something to do with it.

I eventually managed to watch it on a firestick with the firefox app and had it not been for the default mute setting I would have had no problems but the last couple of games if you try to unmute or click anything it either takes to back to the watch now screen or crashes completely. Had it been sound on by default I would have had no issues and I eventually managed to get it working for the game but it really isn't good enough for others who may not be tech savvy.

Have you tried Chrome or Edge mate? Generally the best two options but I don’t know if available on a Firestick. On each of those going full screen also unmutes.

Have you tried Chrome or Edge mate? Generally the best two options but I don’t know if available on a Firestick. On each of those going full screen also unmutes.
I haven't needed to in the past as it worked fine so I don't know if I can download them. This is the first time I've had any issues with it using the same set up so I doubt the problem is there unless they have changed something.

I did try chrome and edge on my laptop as well but had the same problem trying to submit the login details.

God only knows why the default is mute though. Who would want to turn it on with no sound? For the odd person that might they should do what the rest of the world does and offer a mute button. I'm just glad that I know what I am doing and start well before kick off to get set up but it is still annoying for a club our size to be unable to get a simple set up that anyone can use and keep it that way.

That’s interesting, and bizarre. Do you get the same results using the link below? It has /live added at the end of the live.Rangers.co.uk bit:

That was the address I'd being using to log in without issue...until today!

As I wrote in post #697 point 2, the https://live.Rangers.co.uk (& https://live.Rangers.co.uk/live) absolutely will not work unless you log in via https://tv.rangers.co.uk first. If you try log in via the "live" site, you get no response when clicking submit to log in & then "account blocked" when you subsequently try via https://tv.rangers.co.uk

Something has changed. Certainly for VST folk. It is bizarre!

I haven't needed to in the past as it worked fine so I don't know if I can download them. This is the first time I've had any issues with it using the same set up so I doubt the problem is there unless they have changed something.

I did try chrome and edge on my laptop as well but had the same problem trying to submit the login details.

God only knows why the default is mute though. Who would want to turn it on with no sound? For the odd person that might they should do what the rest of the world does and offer a mute button. I'm just glad that I know what I am doing and start well before kick off to get set up but it is still annoying for a club our size to be unable to get a simple set up that anyone can use and keep it that way.

Did some experimenting of my own on iPad. Logged into RangersTV via the website no problem. Logged out - eventually, took several attempts/minutes - and closed the browser and left it for 10 minutes or so. Opened the App and tried to login but got a message telling me I had too many open sessions and that I should close one of them. No Account Locked message though. Went back to the browser and was able to login to RangersTV via the website again. Weird. No idea what that signifies, just sharing the info.

Will try logging into App in the morning again.

Sunday morning in Australia over here, my 2yr old thought it'd be a great idea to wake me up at 7am on my day off. Annoyed, but thought 'ah well, at least I can watch the game'.

"You do not have the required package to be able to view this piece of content"

Which is strange really, given I have an annual international subscription.

If this was the first time, then fair enough. But this is the 4th this has happened this season already (including friendlies)

I don't normally let my anger get the better of me. But I sent a fairly harsh email to RTV 'support', some of which I am regretting a little this morning.

But yet again, paying money for a service they still can't provide. This on top of the Castore fiasco has really pissed me off

Continually treated as an inconvenience.

I had this problem and what worked for me was, rather than trying to click unmute, going down to the volume button and clicking on that instead. It turns the sound on and doesn’t crash back to the homepage.

Hope that helps you for next time mate

I take it there’s a known issue with watching the full match on RTV? I pay for the monthly subscription but it’s telling me I don’t have the package to view?

was looking forward to rewatching as I had to half watch it earlier whilst working

I take it there’s a known issue with watching the full match on RTV? I pay for the monthly subscription but it’s telling me I don’t have the package to view?

was looking forward to rewatching as I had to half watch it earlier whilst working

Have the same problem mate. It's been an issue all season, although not for every game for some reason.

Being an international bear, we get no help whatsoever

I just came on here to ask the same question....why does it say I dont have the required package to watch the game. I missed it because I was at work. Looks like we all have the same issue. These RTV issues are a complete joke, year after year the same problems. Its 2020 guys, it cant be that hard. Dont we have a new outfit doing the streaming this season? Or was that just the website?

That was the address I'd being using to log in without issue...until today!

As I wrote in post #697 point 2, the https://live.Rangers.co.uk (& https://live.Rangers.co.uk/live) absolutely will not work unless you log in via https://tv.Rangers.co.uk first. If you try log in via the "live" site, you get no response when clicking submit to log in & then "account blocked" when you subsequently try via https://tv.Rangers.co.uk

Something has changed. Certainly for VST folk. It is bizarre!

Same issue two home games running.

I just came on here to ask the same question....why does it say I dont have the required package to watch the game. I missed it because I was at work. Looks like we all have the same issue. These RTV issues are a complete joke, year after year the same problems. Its 2020 guys, it cant be that hard. Dont we have a new outfit doing the streaming this season? Or was that just the website?

You are in a different situation to @Wade Wilson For UK subscribers the full match re-run is supposed to be available post-midnight. That's a 'very flexible' post-midnight. Sometimes it can be a couple of hours later.:rolleyes:

I am in the UK but, using my VPN, was able to watch the full match re-run at around 1900hrs when I checked it. On that basis it 'should' have been available to @Wade Wilson at the same time but wasn't. As he's suggested, something is clearly amiss with his Account and it appears to be missing the fact he is actually overseas. 7am in Australia was after I was able to watch but before the midnight time for UK subscribers. No VPN involved or needed, unless his provider uses one for security, so there should be no problem. Bizarre.

I've paid the full subscription 240, and then realised I should be getting it at the season ticket holders price. What a div. I've messaged RTV to ask for a refund or credit for next season but not heard anything back yet. Anyone else on here been as daft as me but had a reply from them?

You are in a different situation to @Wade Wilson For UK subscribers the full match re-run is supposed to be available post-midnight. That's a 'very flexible' post-midnight. Sometimes it can be a couple of hours later.:rolleyes:

I am in the UK but, using my VPN, was able to watch the full match re-run at around 1900hrs when I checked it. On that basis it 'should' have been available to @Wade Wilson at the same time but wasn't. As he's suggested, something is clearly amiss with his Account and it appears to be missing the fact he is actually overseas. 7am in Australia was after I was able to watch but before the midnight time for UK subscribers. No VPN involved or needed, unless his provider uses one for security, so there should be no problem. Bizarre.

18hrs later and I'm still unable to see the full match. Can see the goals and the highlights but not the full game

It's definitely a problem on their end because unfortunately, this has been a regular occurrence this season. I have emailed them each time it has happened and they've apologised but this is the 4th time already this season.

And unfortunately with the time difference, getting any correspondence from RTV is always a challenge.

18hrs later and I'm still unable to see the full match. Can see the goals and the highlights but not the full game

It's definitely a problem on their end because unfortunately, this has been a regular occurrence this season. I have emailed them each time it has happened and they've apologised but this is the 4th time already this season.

And unfortunately with the time difference, getting any correspondence from RTV is always a challenge.

Definitely an Account issue - as the game is available now to UK subscribers. Even if it wasn't recognising you as overseas - for whatever strange reason - you'd still be able to get it now as a UK subscriber. Did they never offer an explanation as to what had gone wrong when they 'sorted' you in the past? I'd be pushing for the background so that, if it happens again, you can go to them saying 'its because.....'.

Definitely an Account issue - as the game is available now to UK subscribers. Even if it wasn't recognising you as overseas - for whatever strange reason - you'd still be able to get it now as a UK subscriber. Did they never offer an explanation as to what had gone wrong when they 'sorted' you in the past? I'd be pushing for the background so that, if it happens again, you can go to them saying 'its because.....'.

Never had an explanation, just your stock standard email apologising and letting me know that it was now working.

I only ever use the app, and cast it to my tv. But I thought I'd log out of that and try it on the website but I'm getting the same message.

Frustrating tbh

Yeah I'm having the same difficulties as a few others, I have the RTV annual subscription and it's telling me I don't have the correct package to watch the full game highlights and I'm in the UK ?

Same as some others, I'm in the uk with a standard £6 per month subscription and the as live replays supposedly available from midnight have been a mess. Just tried again to watch yesterday's game and still getting a message saying I don't have access. Pain in the arse when you spend all day avoiding the score so you can watch at midnight.

Same as some others, I'm in the uk with a standard £6 per month subscription and the as live replays supposedly available from midnight have been a mess. Just tried again to watch yesterday's game and still getting a message saying I don't have access. Pain in the arse when you spend all day avoiding the score so you can watch at midnight.

Could try logging out (make sure it logs you out fully) then logging back in again as per @The Lonely Loyal or do the old clear cache/cookies trick and try again. Maybe even both.:)

Just received an email 10mins ago and this is the in-depth apology and explanation I've received 12hrs after first sending an email...

Hi

Apologies, please try now

Kind regards,

--------

Full game is working for me now.

Just received an email 10mins ago and this is the in-depth apology and explanation I've received 12hrs after first sending an email...

Hi

Kind regards,

--------

Shocking really. If you can be arsed I'd go back, explain that its happened repeatedly and ask for a more detailed explanation as to why that is and an assurance that they have finally rectified the issue, as there appears to be something related to your Account that's blocking it. Go on to say if its something on your side, rather than to your Account, you need to know that and how to address it rather than having to repeatedly go to them for a 'fix'.

Hi

Kind regards,

--------

Wow. Really pushing the boat out with their customer service. I expect I'll get something similar.

Yep tried all that last night but no joy.

Just checked again and game replay is available now. Only 10 and a half hours late.

Working fine for me mate, though that's no consolation. If you want 'belts and braces' then its login to your Account, go to Account and make sure your subscription is up to date. Beyond that, if clearing the cache/cookies (maybe with a restart afterwards, though it shouldn't be necessary) doesn't work then I'm stumped and you should try Support.

Shocking really. If you can be arsed I'd go back, explain that its happened repeatedly and ask for a more detailed explanation as to why that is and an assurance that they have finally rectified the issue, as there appears to be something related to your Account that's blocking it. Go on to say if its something on your side, rather than to your Account, you need to know that and how to address it rather than having to repeatedly go to them for a 'fix'.

I will mate, but it's 7.43pm Sunday night, little one has just gone to bed and I've got a game to watch so might email them tomorrow.

Slightly annoyed with it all tbh.

Cheers for the help though. You're a lot more help than Rangers :))

Back