Ryan Jack a stand out tonight and Europe this season.

Jack played really well again yet is taken off for lafferty which was right sub wrong player. Mccrorie loses his man for goal and this should put to bed him playing. Yes broke things up his distribution is not anywhere near jack.

Reactions: dmg
The ability to keep the ball and make the simple passes in Europe is invaluable. We've seen it over the years, us getting passed about in midfield by simple 5-10 yard passes.

He was booked and he committed a foul outside our box. One more foul and he was off.

It was worth the risk inmo. I thought MCrorie was poor at the goal, the boy does everything one paced you never see him sprinting and he didn't react quickly enough to the goal scorer.

A different role tonight. I felt he was more effective than when he has played the holding role. I can see why it was Jack taken off given probably more chance of a goal from Arfield. It was not a reflection on how Jack performed on the night.

Did you miss McCrorie failing to track the guy who scored?
No I didn't. Didn't miss McGregor's poor distribution either but that doesn't make him a bad player. This was McCrorie's first start in over 2 months and has had very little overall game time but he played well. He broke up a few moves and bailed McCauley out a few times also. McCrorie wasn't bad for us tonight and IS a better option in midfield. Lets face it, through the season the players playing there certainly haven't done any better and probably won't

Ryan Jack was excellent tonight

I think he suits the position he played tonight, more like a Xavi type role with an anchor man behind him in McCrorie it worked really well

He looked to pass forward a lot more that's what I liked about him tonight

Arfield didn't look completely comfortable on the right hand side and Middleton showed some flashes of good play but he's still very young and maybe not quite ready yet. Coulibaly is a trier but honestly lacks quality

Give Morelos a better supporting cast and we do have the makings of a half decent team, but right now it's a struggle

He was brilliant tonight. The job he does, we can't ask any more from him. If he added goals and killer passes to his game as most as screaming for, he'd literally be Sergio Busquets

Coulibaly doesn't deserve to play. For me McCrorie should be starting without doubt...his pace and physicality as a holding midfielder is excellent. He covers the ground so well.

I'm his biggest critic but Jack was very good tonight, more decisive and quicker to move the ball.

No I'm not, he is very casual, watch the goal again.

Ah right, pick one example to prove your point.

I’d actually argue that McCrorie sprints a lot as he’s often caught out of position. I don’t think it’s his lack of effort or commitment that’s the issue with him anyway.

Sitting frozen on the bus. He was further forward tonight. We barely had a shot at goal. What was his role?

Ah right, pick one example to prove your point.

I’d actually argue that McCrorie sprints a lot as he’s often caught out of position. I don’t think it’s his lack of effort or commitment that’s the issue with him anyway.

Look mate saying he never sprints is obviously a bit of a fascisious comment, I just feel there's a lack of urgency in his play that ultimately cost us the game tonight.

Jack does his job, it's not his fault we have no creative players for him to give the ball to.

This all day long. Amazes me when folk say he’s pish, I wonder if they expect him to go on mazy dribbles and stick one in the top bin every other game? He’s good at what he does, we just totally lack creativity elsewhere.

For what it’s worth, I wouldn’t play Ryan Jack in games where we have the majority of possession. I wouldn’t play any holding midfielder at all in fact.

Jack is well suited to tonight and played well.

The issue is he isn’t well suited to many of our domestic games because he offers zero attacking quality.

Ryan Jack had an excellent performance and was probably our best player on the park.

Last edited:
He’s he best we have. Might not be Barry Ferguson but he’s a decent player. Midfield for now has to be jack, arfield and one other that’s name is not Lassana Coulibaly or Ovie Ejaria.

Getting one or two quality additions in midfield is an absolute must.

Back