Ryan Kent staying at Liverpool?

Plissken

Kimarcus

My understanding is that he's turned down the bid as they need Kent for pre-season at the very least.

Salah not long back from ACoN, Mane still in the competition, Shaqiri injured and Firming not long done at Copa America. Their attack is threadbare for pre-season at the moment.

Good chance that he will be sold or leave on loan but will be much later in the window.

He could end up staying as back up though it's not impossible. Just not decided.

Valley Bluenose

Already been posted. The story only really talks about his being retained by Liverpool for their US tour and, perhaps, early season matches due to Salah, Firmino and Mane having been away on international duty and joining the squad late. If they keep anyone as 'back up' beyond that it will be Wilson.

Its not really anything new. Nice sensationalist headline though.

RichF

This is a nothing story, we knew this already that it will be later in window if we are going to get him back.

supersonic

Official Ticketer
Theres no chance the champions league winners go into the new season relying on Ryan Kent as a back up front 3 player. They will dip into the market for someone like Nicholas Pepe.

ClubDeckBear

My understanding is that he's turned down the bid as they need Kent for pre-season at the very least.

Salah not long back from ACoN, Mane still in the competition, Shaqiri injured and Firming not long done at Copa America. Their attack is threadbare for pre-season at the moment.

Good chance that he will be sold or leave on loan but will be much later in the window.

He could end up staying as back up though it's not impossible. Just not decided.
This is what I gathered from listening to H&H but this journo seems to think he's wanted as back up this season.

ClubDeckBear

If you read the article in detail, he's basically holding onto Kent for pre-season while Mane, Salah and Firminho are away.

He'll be a Rangers player come the start of the season, sensationalist pish from the Mirror.
Hope so mate!

Cooperfan

If Liverpool think he's good enough for their squad them good luck to him. That is clearly what the young guy wants.

If he doesn't make their squad them he'll either be sold or coming to us.

We just need to wait till EPL teams announce their squads in a few weeks.

Last edited:

Yeti_Hunter

Kent had a lot of lacklustre loans before us. However we were lucky that he seemed to sort that out and seemingly hit the next level last season. Yeah it would be great to have him back but I'm not going to cry in my cornflakes if he doesn't, we have more than enough cover.

11huistra11

Its just a reworded version of what we know

Liverpool are short in attacking players due to International tournaments. So players like Kent will be going to make the numbers up in pre season.

Once Liverpool are back to a full compliment then Kent is nowhere near the squad and he’ll be back here

ZvP

File under shite. They've seen that he's required for the trip to America and such and thought he's going to be a back up for the rest of the season. Ferminho, Mane and Salah haven't returned for preseason yet and won't for some time, therefore Kent will be required to participate in those games. Getting a preseason in and playing games with Liverpool first team players can't hurt him.

Cardendenger

I don't think he's good enough for Liverpool Imo they have just won the champions League they will be pushing for the title and will splash some cash.

I would love Kent for another season and I think he will be back once Liverpool are sorted they have started later than us so let's no panic

Damsidebear

Do we even need him that much? We’ve been pretty vocal about wanting him back but we’ve got Murphy and Jones so his position has already been taken by two good players
No, you need to read the post you made and rethink it...no scrap that delete the post and go for a long lie down.

Stanley Yelnats

I don’t think he’d be that big of a loss to us.

He wasn’t this freescoring winger that we’re going to miss.

He was a good player, that was it. His numbers weren’t great either.

If he doesn’t come back we can still play a front three of Arfield, Morelos/Defoe, Ojo.

Partickger

Kent is a big game player. To suggest Murphy, even pre-injury, could strike fear into the tims every time he gets the ball is frankly ludicrous no matter what a small sample of stats show.

andrewmont1

I don’t think he’d be that big of a loss to us.

He wasn’t this freescoring winger that we’re going to miss.

He was a good player, that was it. His numbers weren’t great either.

If he doesn’t come back we can still play a front three of Arfield, Morelos/Defoe, Ojo.
Off the back of 45 mins including THAT goal his stock on here went through the roof. Had lots of very average matches prior to that where he didn't weigh in with goals. Good backup for Rangers though ;-)

Partickger

Can’t delete posts mate sorry. Just my opinion, as he was never really involved in that many goals and, when he fully recovers from injury, Murphy will be just as good
I think you are deluded. Kent was in our top three players last season, Murphy wasn’t anywhere near the same level even before he got seriously injured.