Ryan Kent - time for bench

Kent’s performance was not great. Too many times cutting inside, getting caught out and passing back. However one good shot on target and if that had gone in it would have defo helped his confidence. He looks like a confidence player and needs a goal....

Really?

Like I said on the match thread....did Kent deliver every week last season? No

Did he even deliver MOST weeks last season? No.

We decided to invest £7 million based on a handful of absolutely sensational performances and many more largely annonymous ones.

What we've had from Kent this season is more of the same.

Not sure why we're surprised by that.
Key word being invest.

Too many people are expecting a £7m player, yes we paid that but it’s up to us to turn him into it.

Offering nothing , can’t beat a man.

his price tag and SGs blind spot has kept him in team longer than he should have been

form has totally went
Only your last sentence is correct, but good to see Kent taken off rather than relying on a 'What if' he produces magic.
Not performing? Hooked! The way it should be

Not what we really expected after spending all that money on him but it may be the best way to get him back to form, a spell on the bench for the next few games and bringing him on for the last 20 mins, and it might just start happening again for him.

He's offering zilch at the moment

Empty jersey.

Has bags of ability but doesn't seem to want to try and use it.

Zero composure in front of goal or penetration, snaps at shots.

He seems to be able to deliver in OF games and in Europe so you have to wonder if he's ever going to be consistent enough for us. We need players who turn up week in week out.

QUOTE="wd1872, post: 5380597, member: 2121"]
He's offering zilch at the moment

Empty jersey.

Has bags of ability but doesn't seem to want to try and use it.

Zero composure in front of goal or penetration, snaps at shots.

He seems to be able to deliver in OF games and in Europe so you have to wonder if he's ever going to be consistent enough for us. We need players who turn up week in week out.
[/QUOTE] what is afredo offering

Kent is a good player with a lot of potential, but for seven million we needed a consistent game changer- we over paid by a lot but that’s not the players fault.

Kent has been a shadow of the player we have seen, looks bereft of confidence and form. Hopefully he will come good although as suggested perhaps a spell on the bench would be of benefit.

He’s struggled against 11 players behind the ball in recent weeks. Could do with a couple of weeks rest but will have a good game on Thursday against a team who’ll play football.

Morelos has scored 2 legitimate goals in the last 2 games, both shouldn't have been chopped off.

He's been off it but he's the least of our worries imo.

Are your eyes painted on he’s been rank rotten since he cane back.
Fully expect him and Kent to get there form back now is not the time to start stabbing the players in the back.

Morelos has scored 2 legitimate goals in the last 2 games, both shouldn't have been chopped off.

He's been off it but he's the least of our worries imo.
He was offside.. as for the least of our worries we struggle to score if he doesnt..

A £7m players who's shooting is bordering on pathetic.

I like Kent but he's woefully off form. Even when on form his shooting is appalling.

It's remarkable the fall from grace.

Kent isn't playing very well however the drop off is not as marked as being stated on here or in the stands (the rockets behind me have christened him the 7M Barry McKay) -things that he was getting away with earlier as just ignored are now being met with boos.

The whole team is off form and you can't expect him to lift the whole team because of his price tag.

He has genuine quality and tends in the main not to give the ball away-he would benefit as would young Hagi from having something decent to work with.

I would be shocked if he doesn't start Thursday and he should start.

forget about the transfer fee......his recent performances have been very poor, so he needs benched regardless of how much he cost......I thought that was the whole point of a squad in football eh ? if you have your chance and you are not performing , then you get dropped ? Gerrard needs to start being more ruthless with his players

This is my point every player goes through a poor stage, but the manager does not seen too see this
does help the individual or the team when asked to play through this

Hard to disagree. Best for all that he has a spell on bench and hopefully comes back rejuvenated as we know how good he is on top form

The gaffer has to do something. I thought we'd come flying out today with a bit of purpose. It's fúckin turgid shite, when we know how we're capable of playing.

We should be trying other options. We have Stewart, Jones and now Kamberi which are all capable players. Kent is a good player on his day but those days are few and far between at the moment.

It's a hard one.

On one hand hes a game changer.

On the other his form has been poor like alot of his team mates. FK should start and RK come off the bench on Thursday.

Said it since the start back from winter break. Needs dropped if anything to show that your not guaranteed a spot in the 11 just because the gaffer rates you.
He’s starting to look a bit like teachers pet, but without actually doing anything to merit the favouritism.
Scoring against Celtic is one thing, scoring against the bread and butter week in week out is far more important imo.

he needs to pull the finger out his arse, and pronto!!

Kent definitely looks low on confidence just now but then again he's not the only one however with that price tag expectations are high.

Still not sure he's clear about his positioning on the park and I don't think the manager is playing him in his best position.Out wide for me.As a result he flits in and out of games and hasn't been able to acheive any form of consistency so far this season.

Tavernier is a terrible full back and Goldson ffs why is he never dropped the two of them are bombscares waiting to happen.
Normally I would defend goldson, but he hasn’t been dropped yet and every other centre half has to rotate. I would say that maybe goldson should take a wee spell on the bench, allow katic and Edmundson a couple of games together. Nothing to lose and a lot to gain.
Tavernier we are stuck I’m afraid. Unless we draft in young Paterson, who I reckon is on his way to being far far better than tav already, bring the young lad in and give him a few minutes too.

we do miss tav and barisic as our wide outlets, but we need to be ready to draft in good replacements.
Halliday and Flannigan just don’t cut it for me at all.

He should be benched in the SPFL for a period, but we simply can’t on Thursday unless we want pulled apart.

We should be looking to the youth who played up in Inverness today. They looked very comfortable on the ball in dreadful conditions and let's not delude ourselves,we're not going to catch them. Promote a couple of youngsters to the 1st team squad and let's start to get them settled in.

Thought he was lucky to start the 2nd half to be honest, he's well off it and seems to be in a rut, definitely time to give the jersey to someone else.

He was never worth the fee we paid for him, total lack of consistency. That's how Leeds didn't follow up on him, we payed way over the odds and it is clear for all to see.

A young developing player we all pinned our Hope's on, with most of our treasure invested in him. It's been a bit much for him and the manager and coaching staff should realise that. He needs a break/ benched. There is a player in there and he will seve us well in time but hes a young guy at a fuckin huge club with expectations and pressure that are off the scale at this point in our history. A break will go him good.

Kent and Morelos could easily find themselves on the bench next Sunday due to their form but I doubt it will happen.

big game player, would not drop for braga game. Needs to buck up for the non glamour games for sure.

Sorry, you can set aside any excuses. In this league, with these opponents, £5m plus add ons (it wasn't £7m) should guarantee a game changer. In SPL no one spends that cash on promise to be nurtured over the years. That's bullshit.

Not looking £7mill worth, would like to see more of Kamberi and Stewart. RK might make a difference from the bench.

I think if that's all the player can offer, weve been stitched up by Liverpool.The boy's nothing near that value.Surely S G. Must have known the type of player we were buying, and what he could bring to the team. If he want's to have a career at Rangers, he'll need to improve vastly, as he's offering the team nothing.
In fact if he dosen't shape up quickly, he'll have a short stay with us.imo.

If some team offered us the money we paid for him, we should bite their hand off.

However can see us making a loss on him.

A panic buy who for 75% of the time this season has been dross.

Pathetic today and should have been taken off earlier tbh

Back