Ryan Porteous - 'I am a hard man'

I've played fives against tougher guys at Goals in Drumchapel

Porteous's issue is he thinks he is a good player but unfortunately he is found wanting 80% of the time

I thought I had seen him flop the last three times we played the Spoon burners in the league, but the raping he got from Motherwell on Saturday was above the usual shyte standard he gives

He's not hard, he's a thug and a dirty player. Has practically no redeeming features at all.

A complete waster that like so many previous Hibs players will probably ruin his career well before his time.

If Scottish "hard men" are defined by Broon and this fud, the former who raked his studs down Morelos's calf and then threw himself to the ground when he reacted, and the latter being the guy who went down as though he took a clothesline from JBL when Alfie barely touched his back, then we are in trouble.

Souness, Hateley, Ian Ferguson, John Brown - those are hard men. They put it about and never complained. FS Hateley even told a Celtic player (can't mind which one) that he "had to do better than that" when said no mark Celtic player tried to leave one on him. This was the game after he returned in 1997.

Hardman.

He's about as hard as my last jobby and I've had the skitters for 6 days.

He's an absolute fandan seen swaggering about George Street like he owns the joint.

File under C for C unt like his pal Hanlon as well.

2mins 25sec in. This is how good a defender Porteous. It's easy to throw yourself in front of the ball but concentration and reading of the game are the key elements for a defender.

He has neither.

Its almost as cringeworthy as that politician(I forget his name) from a few years ago who was “tough” enough lol

F033-BAEF-8152-4977-BC00-A6-E6845-DFED3.jpg

Off topic a bit.

But the nicknames he has for the Hibs front 3, "Nizzy", "Boylely" and "Doidgey" sum up the level of intelligence on show.

I actually think that behind the stupid personality and idiotic tendencies to dive into rash tackles/ assaults, there is a decent player somewhere.

He needs the right manager to control and nurture him.

I remember watchng Hateley playing against Jim Duffy years ago. Two proper hard players who didnt give each other an inch. Duffy wiped out Hateley in the corner and from the resultant corner kick Hateley went through him and about 3 other players to bury a header.
Difference is they were pro's with a mutual respect. No one respects this fud.

I know this will be deeply unpopular. The kid needs to grow up a little, but I could see him playing for us.

PS. Please at least put me into the wood chipper headfirst for this.

Hmm...
Hard men, don't usually have to go round telling everyone they are hard.
He didn't look very hard falling about on his knees when the penalty was called.
Looked like an extra from Swan lake

Depends if you are here or in America. :)
I’m not sure on America, but in the UK single quotes do not mean you can misquote someone. I hate to be the grammar police but surely if this place goes tonto at misleading headlines then FF should be held to the same standards :)

Has a go at Boyd fir being disparaging about two of his teammates when benchmarking his career, but he then goes onto degrade Livingston

The irony

He didnt look that hard flat on his arse punching the ground in a recent game when things didnt go his way./

There is a player in there too.

Pitty hes the most unlikeable guy ever and a dirty bastard.

Same ilk as ian black.
No there isn't. He has gave us a red card, goal or penalty even game for about the last 2 or 3 seasons.

He is a thug. A Rangers hating thug. The sole reason he is heralded.

He's not hard, he's a thug and a dirty player. Has practically no redeeming features at all.

A complete waster that like so many previous Hibs players will probably ruin his career well before his time.
For some reason Hibs encourage gadjiness.

There’s very few properly hard football players now. I can’t think of one.

You have to go back to Souness/ Ian Ferguson/ Keane / Viera type guys for genuinely tough players.

Can’t think of one cos every player out there now dives and gives it the theatrics at the slightest touch.

Back