Sam Cosgrove - £4m

StuGers

Reading reports today that Aberdeen want £4m for Cosgrove, with interest coming from Stoke.

I'm not sure if the Sheep are taking the pissing or not with that valuation because I haven't seen much of this guy, however his goalscoring record this season is pretty good and still only 22 years old.

Is he someone we should be monitoring should we lose Alfie next Summer?
If we’re looking for a big donkey who can score penalties then yes.

CaptainCourageous

He's on a different level to Ikpeazu and Dykes. Cosgrove is a handful, knows where the net is and is continuing to improve his all round game.

I'm not taking pops at him or labelling him shite as he's not, plus we play them tomorrow night and I'm not wanting to jinx things.

I hope he has a nightmare tomorrow, along with the rest of his team.

RaoulDuke11

Reading reports today that Aberdeen want £4m for Cosgrove, with interest coming from Stoke.

I'm not sure if the Sheep are taking the pissing or not with that valuation because I haven't seen much of this guy, however his goalscoring record this season is pretty good and still only 22 years old.

Ha.

Utter f*king donkey!

cav

The English championship while very competitive,does not in the main constitute a good standard of football.

Pretty much like most of the teams in the sphell.

gersfanal

No point in saying he isn't good enough for Rangers - End of !

Imagine being in Ross Wilson's position having lost Alfredo, who does he look for and from where ?

Incredibly hard to replace Alfie given his talent and application and a replacement will not be obvious without spending mega bucks. However RW will be considering all sorts of options, from abroad, from EPL and EFL Championship, from the SPFL and indeed beyond all those.

For sure he will look at Sam Cosgrove, who is young and may have the potential which is required, amongst those ( at whatever valuation ) !

The Club seem determined to hold on to Alfie which is great but, one day, it may well happen that he leaves and brilliant that RW will have been considering that scenario, probably from the day he arrived at Rangers.

oldgregg

Official Ticketer
Aberdeen are entitled to try and get as much coin as possible from their star players, especially from English clubs. Their problem (the Sheep I mean) is they simply can't shell out on the wages commensurate with a £4m player and tie him down on a decent deal, before selling him for said price. As a result, he'll simply wait for another year to tick down on his contract and leave for a fraction of that.

bigkilty

Official Ticketer
Wonder what Charlie nickerless says about this valuation :eek: after all he slated Alfredos :mad:

WATP

Buster

Every Scottish team should be trying to get every penny they can from down south. We’ve all Been under valuing players for years
100% Amstel the only team who seem to get above value money is the tarriers. Only thing we could learn from them . Cosgrove with his style of play when he got a game would last about 30 mins before being sent off ,not up to our standard and we would have to change our whole style of play to accommodate him.

abz_bear

Back in to defender, take ball down on the chest and fall over. Free kick to Aberdeen and repeat.

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
Are half his goals not penalties? Either way he’s just a battering ram, he’d be fùck all use in Europe and in tougher fixtures. As a 3rd choice he might be alright.

BillyMcD83

I’d say its a fair value for him, wouldn’t have him replace Morelos but there’s no denying he’s a decent player, standard of finishing from him is getting better and better

AllyRFC

Who said he was mate? Did you read the OP, or thread, before you got all raging?

Chris the Bandito

I’m in the minority. I’d be interested and that price looks a bit high but not out by the factor of 10 that McKenna’s is.

He’s got a lot of similar attributes to Morelos especially the most important one- he’s improving hand over fist. Also, he’s big but mobile, holds it up and scores all sorts of goals. He’s been scoring consistently long enough to presume it’s who he is and not just a purple patch.

The biggest argument against is the lack of success most Scottish hoof ball forwards have had when introduced to teams who play football.If May, Main, Moult, etc hadn’t stunk when exposed to football I’d be all in.

I’d even go for a January move to give him time to settle before Morelos leaves. Don’t expect Aberdeen would accept it but unsettling their best player is always fun:)

wilso10

If you interpreted me asking if we should monitor him as suggesting he's good enough for us, despite acknowledging I haven't seen much of him earlier in the post, then, I don't what to say but I can't help you.

Maybe some tutoring or something might help but you might be beyond that.

KGR98

Decent for a team that plays direct or a defensive team that needs an outball to get up the park but would be absolute dogshit for us

SC81

No no no no no no no no no and no again.

AllyRFC

If you interpreted me asking if we should monitor him as suggesting he's good enough for us, despite acknowledging I haven't seen much of him earlier in the post, then, I don't what to say but I can't help you.

Maybe some tutoring or something might help but you might be beyond that.
:D

Talktalk

We have had so many posts about this big pudding. No thanks and I'd rather raffle my doughnut than see us have him in our team. This is the same club that wanted 8 million for McKenna and now would probably be lucky to get 1 million.
Why are you upset that they wanted £8m ? It’s their player and why would they undersell one of their better players for pennies.
If they came out and said they wanted £2m they might get £750,000 .
Scottish football has undersold for too long, if the riches are to be had from shit teams down south we should screw every penny out them.
We have sold players recently for shrapnel with no sell on clause for the buying club to punt later for big bucks such as Waggy we get £2m a year later he is punted for £8m