Saturday’s Football (all updates in here)

watching Everton game just now and wondering where was this fight and energy under Rafa, think it was obvious many were looking to get rid of him, he signs 2 new players one being NP and neither of the 2 of them get near full squad selection under DF, a lot of money to pay and not use, under Duncan Ferguson they are all fired up, but was DF not Rafa's assistant on the bench with him, I think question has to be asked where was DF's fire when things were not going well, bearing in mind Rafa had injuries to deal with and now all of a sudden Calvert-Lewin back in team

Hadn't seen anything of him until today, but this Gordon kid for Everton looks excellent, some cross/ range of passing on him. Could see him and Patterson linking up well down the right.

I read a book called ‘Behind the goal’ written by a Forest fan which detailed the away days and camaraderie he had following Forest in their glory years.
As a teenager following Rangers, it struck a chord with me and I’ve had a soft spot for Forest ever since.

it’ll take years to sort this Everton squad and get them where they should be. Horrendous recruitment since Koeman took over.

Had hopes for Everton Villa but ffs the quality is rank. The amount of transfer fees and salaries on that pitch and they are serving up this pish?

Michael Stewart calling the ref and assistants "dodgy officials," I await the MSM attacking him and the compliance officer taking action.

On the Everton forum they don’t think he’s injured. Some think DF is waiting for results to improve before throwing him in. Some think it points to NP not being ready which is so ridiculous it is clear these people have never seen NP play. He’s played on a bigger stage before many times.

Probably is a case of DF sticking to players he knows. Starting Kenny though, even in front of Coleman, is just plainly idiotic.

Mistake by Everton IMO if he is not injured or Covid ruled out. This is precisely the type of fixture where the sheer gallus, moxy, gumption and lack of fear of a player like Nathan will give him the chance to shine and drive the team forward.

On the Everton forum they don’t think he’s injured. Some think DF is waiting for results to improve before throwing him in. Some think it points to NP not being ready which is so ridiculous it is clear these people have never seen NP play. He’s played on a bigger stage before many times.

Probably is a case of DF sticking to players he knows. Starting Kenny though, even in front of Coleman, is just plainly idiotic.
Far superior to Kenny that's for sure

Getting the freekick doesn’t help Everton although with Pickford on the ball it actually does.

She gets paid to come away with that kind of nonsense

I want multiple ballboys swinging from Big Dunc's arms in celebration as Gerrard shakes his head sadly and acknowledges he's been beaten by a vastly superior human being and manager.

Know your place Stevie.
Not really worked out that way bud.

Gerrard seems to be doing a good job there.

I’m a bit pissed at the way it ended but I don’t hold a grudge. He did a good job for us and raised the level of professionalism at Ibrox.

Time wasting is becoming a joke now in every league… Villa keeper taking a min to take a bye kick.

Sooner we go to a rugby style timer the better the game will be
Or it just needs to be enforced. 10 seconds starts ticking on the fourth official’s watch as soon as the ball is retrieved. Any infringement by the keeper or player by taking longer than that 10 seconds constitutes a yellow card.

Wish he'd gone to a better team tbh, or a structured team at least. Everton are a basket case.
One consolation is if and when he gets in and performs to a high standard which we all know he is capable off, well might get a big money move to a better club which benefits us as well as NP with the sell on

Digne and Cash both hit with a full bottle of orange juice launched by the crowd after the goal.

Dickheads throwing stuff.
Digne wasn't even touched by it and went down holding his head. Should be on a charge for that.

Not absolving the dicks who threw stuff but the player doesn't need to do that

Back