Saturday's Football

Was to do with Qatari involvement I think? Good on them. Not like down the road where they will take the Millions regardless of where it comes from imo

Did not realise Qataris were involved in Bayern Munich now. Fair play to them indeed but they absolutely do not need dubious outside investment anyway

It's a riddy if he goes down there and falls on his butt so I'm with you.
Brilliant start for him tbh. Villa had only ever won once away to Palace in his lifetime before today.

I hope he does well. I’d also love to see him get the Liverpool job one day and maybe even be the first Englishman to win the league as a manager down there.

It took a while but a fine shot by Sane makes it 1-0 to Bayern. A record 102 goals for Bayern in a calendar year.

I agree they don't need it, both financially and reputationally but the board, like at most clubs just see the £s/$s/€s.

It’s probably easy to be principled when you’re pretty much the best team in Europe anyway.

I’d draw the line at renaming Ibrox or becoming “red bull Rangers” but other than that I wouldn’t have too many scruples about where extra cash comes into us from

It’s probably easy to be principled when you’re pretty much the best team in Europe anyway.

I’d draw the line at renaming Ibrox or becoming “red bull Rangers” but other than that I wouldn’t have too many scruples about where extra cash comes into us from
I agree whole heartedly, but as fans, we put our heart into the club we love.

Directors, probably not so much, even if they are fans.

I'd love for Rangers to get the level of Qatari money, just not from Qatar.

I was actually hoping some of the bigger European countries would boycott this coming World Cup.

Brighton have been finishing like a partially sighted side that’s had the bell taken out of their ball. Torn Leeds to bits for most of the game, still 0-0 and Leeds just hit the post. Brighton’s strikers almost got them relegated last season and they’ve stuck with them for this season. Insanity.

Brighton have been finishing like a partially sighted side that’s had the bell taken out of their ball. Torn Leeds to bits for most of the game, still 0-0 and Leeds just hit the post. Brighton’s strikers almost got them relegated last season and they’ve stuck with them for this season. Insanity.
Games like this are why it pisses me off when people think we don’t have any players that can play in this league. Out with the big boys who are genuine world class sides the rest are pretty much bang average.

They should just give the ball to Trossard and get out of his way, nobody else is scoring. Especially not Maupay.

‘Brighton have been finishing like a partially sighted side that’s had the bell taken out of their ball.’

:)):)):)):))

Games like this are why it pisses me off when people think we don’t have any players that can play in this league. Out with the big boys who are genuine world class sides the rest are pretty much bang average.
Brighton are a good side. Some good players and a capable manager. But he’s got cloughie’s eye for a striker. Absolutely dug shite.
Though, I agree I don’t think we’d do too badly in the EPL.

They’ve been awful at finishing under Potter, I’m sure there XG stats are ridiculous. Think they are the poorest side in the league for converting chances, they’ve needed a striker for nearly 18 months like you allude to.

They’ve been awful at finishing under Potter, I’m sure there XG stats are ridiculous. Think they are the poorest side in the league for converting chances, they’ve needed a striker for nearly 18 months like you allude to.
Told you before. XG is the biggest lot of bollocks going:))

3-3 classic on MOTD. Stats come up at the end XG 1.4-0.6.

Very late penalty for Inter against against Venezia after VAR. They make it 2-0 and that's how it finishes.

Last edited:
Back