Scott Allan signs pre contract with Hibs

There aren't many footballers on £10k p/w (I'd be very surprised if he got paid that much) I wouldn't swap my life for but I'll make the exception for that sad case. £10k per week to be hated by the people I used to consider myself part of, seen as a laughing stock by a club who just used me as a GIRUY to their rivals and an overall failure as a human being? I'm happy with my lot thanks.
I never said you were not happy.
The guy chose the scum over us 4 years ago time to move on.
He wasn't the first he won't be the last

He's a bit of an idiot so the money he's made at celtic he has more than likely wasted away allready, and where does that leave him? chucked away 4 years of his career doing nothing and now back at hibs having sold his soul, %^*& the wee turncoat rat

He's wasted 4 years and they wasted a load of money on a player to try and get one over us. Mojo still haunts them. :D

Used to like,have a bit of respect for Scott Allan, now NADA, fvckall.sold his soul, get on with it.

The boy has wasted four years of his career.

Hahahahah...

Exactly! 27 yrs old he should be coming into him prime and close to the finished article! Instead he’s played about 120 senior matches. Our very own Buffalo has prob played about the same number of matches despite being 5yrs younger! McCrorie prob not far behind either and younger still!

I never said you were not happy.
The guy chose the scum over us 4 years ago time to move on.
He wasn't the first he won't be the last

I never said you said I wasn't happy :D

Like I said, we were lucky not to sign him so I think we've moved on in that respect. However, he's always acted like a bitter mentally challenged against us so he deserves every bit of contempt he's earned from us.

There was no guarantee we would sign him plenty paper talk rumours.
His girlfriend just had a babie the scum offered him 10k a week 4 year deal.
Life changing money.
He put his family first with a guaranteed pay day.
Not a great career move they never wanted him it was just to get it up us showing their financial clout.
He has wasted 4 years of his short career.

Yep - short sighted decision to move to the filth.

Has ruined his career - he must have known he'd be lucky to get a first team game for them and they signed him just to try to get it up us as they still can't get over Mo Johnston.

Idiot of the highest order.

I never said you said I wasn't happy :D

Like I said, we were lucky not to sign him so I think we've moved on in that respect. However, he's always acted like a bitter mentally challenged against us so he deserves every bit of contempt he's earned from us.
He has acted like he made a huge mistake and was out to prove he was still a good player.
Think He failed though the crowed got to him at times lol

Yep - short sighted decision to move to the filth.

Has ruined his career - he must have known he'd be lucky to get a first team game for them and they signed him just to try to get it up us as they still can't get over Mo Johnston.

Idiot of the highest order.
I honestly think it was a simple cash decision.
he probably now regrets they way things went

He has acted like he made a huge mistake and was out to prove he was still a good player.
Think He failed though the crowed got to him at times lol

That tackle on Rossiter or him goading our support after diving to win a penalty against us last season wasn't just someone trying to prove he was still a good player.

He's made for life, financially. IF he had waited and come to us, there's no guarantee he would still be here. We had a decent season in the Championship under Warburton, then 2 poor seasons in the premiership. It's just as likely FF would have been on his back, wanting him away to someone else.
It won't be popular on here, but he made the correct decision because there is no guarantee that we would have offered him a pre contract anyway. A very rich, tidy footballer, playing out his last few years in the semi wilderness.

With them having a history of this, how many players have they bought in circumstances like this, he got what he deserved. Hell mend him.

He's an idiot and a loser.

Look at his whole career - for the age he is, more minutes in the stand doing %^*& all than actually bein on the park.

He will regret his choices for the rest of his miserable life.

They've wasted some amount of money. He's another who's taken a fortune for no return at celtic. It's better he took wages from them than us so don't be too hard on him.

It was clear Rangers wanted him after the bids we put in for just waiting 6 months he could have been with us. He could have done a pre contract could he not . If he had I think his career would have been in a much better position. It did not take a brain surgeon to realise that Celtic were only doing it to hamper us.

Scott Allan has signed a pre-contract with Hibs.
The midfielder is surplus to requirements at Celtic and Brendan Rodgers recently confirmed he would be offloaded.
Now Allan, 27, has returned to Easter Road where he has enjoyed two spells. He has signed a three-year deal.
Allan joined on a two-year deal in 2014, before going back on loan in January 2018 after being signed by Celtic
Who?

He's made for life, financially. IF he had waited and come to us, there's no guarantee he would still be here. We had a decent season in the Championship under Warburton, then 2 poor seasons in the premiership. It's just as likely FF would have been on his back, wanting him away to someone else.
It won't be popular on here, but he made the correct decision because there is no guarantee that we would have offered him a pre contract anyway. A very rich, tidy footballer, playing out his last few years in the semi wilderness.

Disagree: there’s not a single, true, self proclaimed Rangers fan would consider signing for them... no matter how much money was on the table.

Life changing money.
Not a great career move they never wanted him it was just to get it up us showing their financial clout.

Don’t blame him for making that choice. He had a family to look after and as such I would have done the same.

Also wasted 2-3 million of their money. He was never good enough for us anyway.

What an idiot. Chased money over and above his morals and look where it’s landed him - back where he was 4 years aho

I honestly think it was a simple cash decision.
he probably now regrets they way things went

Short term it made sense financially for him.

Why didn't he think long term?

Sign for celtic, make 10k a week, play in the reserves for a couple of years then back to Hibs and 3k a week.

Sign for Rangers, make 6k a week, play in the first team, make a real name for yourself, get Scotland call ups regularly and eventually play for Steven Gerrard and a move to England and 20k a week.

He was a really good player and should be playing at a far higher level and he is.

He'd have improved much more as a player if he'd held out and signed for rather us than chasing the money and barely playing. Now he'll always just be relatively decent SPFL player and nothing more, imo.

Life changing money.

More than a sprinkling of pish in this post.

He wasn't and isn't good enough for us.

Same with them, he was never good enough for either of us, I said it at the time that it was a blessing in disguise they took him.

He was good enough for us at the exact time we wanted to sign him.
Had he signed for us, he would have played and been given the development demands that his game needed at that stage of his career.
He may well have continued to make the steps forward as a player, and who can say that he wouldn't have blossomed more than he has thus far.

In truth, his career stalled and stagnated at the moment in its development when he needed to make the next big step up.
The Filth fckd him over just to get one over us (another fail from them, 'Fail Fail' indeed).................they will simply never get over Mo Johnston.

Back