Scott Allan

If he didn't know before yesterday, he certainly knew it as he was trudging off the pitch at Ibrox after 38 minutes. He ruined his career for the papal coin.

He's a young lad who all make mistakes. Unfortunately for him his was a biggie :DThe people around him should hang there heads in shame.

Putting aside his obvious stupidity and the fact he is morally bankrupt. I often wonder if he still 'supports' Rangers. Can you just switch off being a bear?
99% of us wouldn't entertain the idea of signing for that purile shower of shite but undoubtedly there have been one or two who have. If they are in the house when Rangers are on the telly, do they cheer us on as before?
I couldn't imagine not following the team I was born to love.

This would be absolute torture for any right minded bear, hence why no right minded bear would entertain the notion. For a couple of years of filthy lucre as opposed to a lifetime of being a good bear, no thanks, i would rather sleep at night.

Had the chance to play for us and made the mother of all stupid decisions. He ruined his own career and is now suffering forever more. I would have walked over broken glass to play for us, For nothing. In fact I would have paid my way FFS! Stupid wee boy with very little intelligence.

He knew even at that early stage that he'd fecked it - looked like he was about to cry with fear.

He must've realised when he was being paraded that he was being used and that's the way it turned out - he was never signed to play for them it was obvious from the start

Had the chance to play for us and made the mother of all stupid decisions. He ruined his own career and is now suffering forever more. I would have walked over broken glass to play for us, For nothing. In fact I would have paid my way FFS! Stupid wee boy with very little intelligence.
I don't think you mean all this.
A. You would have walked over broken glass to play for Rangers? Ridiculous
B. Whilst every other player is earning a vertible fortune, you would play for nothing? Ridiculous
C. You then claim that you would actually pay Rangers to play for them. Ridiculous
Scott Allan might have misjudged things but he's a very wealthy young man.
He has set himself up for life.
Not bad going given his lack of genuine ability.
The hype on FF before he signed for them was also ridiculous and shows what most punters on here genuinely know about football.

He was rotten yesterday. Attitude was terrible and looks unfit. Big centre half came running out to have a go at him just before he was taken off for not tracking back. His career looks finished to me.

B. Whilst every other player is earning a vertible fortune, you would play for nothing? Ridiculous
C. You then claim that you would actually pay Rangers to play for them. Ridiculous
The hype on FF before he signed for them was also ridiculous and shows what most punters on here genuinely know about football.

This post isn't suspicious at all :rolleyes:

I hope the weasel bastard remembers the boos everyday for the rest of his wee miserable life.

Which part do you disagree with?
You disagreeing with the part about him genuinely having little ability?

Mostly the part where you doubt that any one of us on here would play for Rangers for nothing.

Or where it appears you're defending Allan's choice because he's now rich.

Apart from that, nothing.

I don't get the few supporters saying that he made a mistake and they have some sympathy for him.
When he played against us for Hibs he came across as a very arrogant and self assured individual.
He made the final decision not to wait for us and he made the final decision to sign for them so spare me the shite about him being mislead or badly advised.

Mostly the part where you doubt that any one of us on here would play for Rangers for nothing.

Or where it appears you're defending Allan's choice because he's now rich.

Apart from that, nothing.
So you'd play for Rangers for nothing would you? Would that in any way make you the odd one out?
How many Rangers players have you known that have played for nothing?
That includes greats like John Greig, Tam Forsyth, Alex Macdonald and Tommy Mclean, they all quite rightly earned a living from Rangers. I proudly contributed to their wages in the 1970s
Give me a list please of players who played for Rangers for nothing.
Incidentally I wasn't defending Allan's choice but I was highlighting that for someone with such limited ability he has earned a lot more money than he should have otherwise.

File under true .
Although 150K was nearer the mark.
So you, the guy above, and Craig Houston know for a fact he signed thinking he would get a champions league bonus. First of all: don't you have to be in the squad pool to get money? He wasn't. Second: you guys heard this from the horses mouth? If so please state your source. its fucking laughable that people expected this kid to put up with getting a potential career ending leg break at training ( basically what Stubbs was saying) if he insisted on waiting on the "hope" that we would come in for him. Rangers have fucked player transfers up before. There was nothing on the table. If he'd have got injured who would have paid his mortgage. You and Craig Houston?

I think the crowd and atmosphere got to him, he was like a startled deer in head lights. The boy was shaking like a French soldier. ;)

£10k per week and three years left at Bheast FC?

Will probably be paid off at the end of this season (unless he dramatically improves).

Not one of Lawwell's better deals.

I think the crowd and atmosphere got to him, he was like a startled deer in head lights. The boy was shaking like a French soldier. ;)

We dogged a bullet. Poor attitude, unfit and weak minded. He's not got the ability, attitude or mentality to be a Ranger.

Still, he's always got Celtic on his cv to look at, plus a bank balance that will soon be blown when he's struggling to get a team in the top tier of Scottish football.

Rat bag.

Give it a few years and the prick will be working in Adsa or somewhere like that.

Contract worth £1.5m from Celtic over 4 years. Don't think he'll be working in Asda.
After the bheasts release him, he'll get another 3 year SPL contract with someone on decent money.

Celtic will need all the money they can save, once the damages start flying in, giving Scott Allan so much was a bad idea, I wonder was the fat fella Tango'd in trying to get one up on the Rangers.

He looked a good player at Hibs and I felt would have done us a turn

Made a poor career choice I think and went for the money -in my opinion he should have waited,but that is easy too say when we don't know what sort of pressures he was under.

So you, the guy above, and Craig Houston know for a fact he signed thinking he would get a champions league bonus. First of all: don't you have to be in the squad pool to get money? He wasn't. Second: you guys heard this from the horses mouth? If so please state your source. its fucking laughable that people expected this kid to put up with getting a potential career ending leg break at training ( basically what Stubbs was saying) if he insisted on waiting on the "hope" that we would come in for him. Rangers have fucked player transfers up before. There was nothing on the table. If he'd have got injured who would have paid his mortgage. You and Craig Houston?
Think you need to calm yourself down to a frenzy.

Stating the obvious but he told a mate he only went there for the money.

He mentioned some claim against him whilst he was at Portsmotuh when he hit a pedestrian, said he was "desperate for the money".

I know Scott through a friend to say he was a massive bear is ridiculous. He supported us yes but he terms walking over broken glass etc is way out.

They had attacking mids coming out their ears and he was never getting into their squad.

Was a simple case of the fat Japanese saying I hate yeez ya orange bastards and I'm going to spunk a few quid to prove it.

Is there no way our board can refuse this slimey (nut entry to Ibrox on the 23rd or are we obligated to offering visiting directors hospitality.

He's no rangers fan as we all know and he doesn't even possess the ability or performance to even attract interest from us!

Player who has ruined his career with terrible decisions. Didn't stand out in a terrible Dundee team and got hooked before half for a dire display. Says it all.

He would more than likely have been one of the many shipped out elsewhere if we had signed him going by the way he has played since but he must be wondering what if i had sat tight for a few more months.
Either way it was a bullet dodged,and a bit of a fail from celtic thinking they got one over us as the mugs are still paying for the money grabbing little bawbag.
Hopefully he has a nice loyalty bonus attached to staying for the length of his contract,because if he has then sure as feck he will sit tight to collect it.

Scott Allan, Jamie Ness, Rhys McCabe. There is a sad pattern of potentially decent young players having their heads turned by agents and making unwise and short term decisions.

Hmmm. Strange one this.

The player has talent but the move to them has ruined his career.

We've all heard the rumours if he had stayed what would have happened however he was stupid to make then move to them - he could have went down south rather than take their money.

Yes we all know a career in football is short and he has a duty to provide for his family but after seeing him yesterday he was be playing low level English football soon if he's lucky.

If his arse folded yesterday, I doubt he could handle the pressure of playing for us..Maybe a bullet dodged

Just watched the twitter video of the ball boy.

How anyone can hear what he says is beyond me. I can hear him shout "Scott" and then nothing else.

A non-entity who we all collectively (myself included) put on a pedestal because he was allegedly one of us. The truth is, he is a very average footballer and had he signed at the time, would have been one of the first out the door under Caixinha.

It would seem that your post has attracted more attention that mine. Clearly you don't get the intent of what I was saying. But you go ahead. The point was clearly about the fact that real fans would not be hard to deal with. If I had 'them' offering triple the wages that we were offering I still would choose us.

For the record. If I was of limited ability and as big a fan in that fantasy world as I am in the real world....I'd play for nothing for the right to say to my kids and grandkids that I played for my team. I pulled the blue jersey on and played at Ibrox. I would die a happy man. You can ridicule that all you want buddy. I know which one of us is being regarded by others on here as ridiculous and it sure ain't me.

Scott Allan, Jamie Ness, Rhys McCabe. There is a sad pattern of potentially decent young players having their heads turned by agents and making unwise and short term decisions.

Jamie Ness is one whom I have a bit of sympathy for. He had family issues at the time and I think he knew himself he was only going to be given one chance to set himself up for the future, due to his injury problems.

Scott Allan made his choice, from a business point of view it was a good one at the time. But he also needs to live with the consequences which are a scuppered career and being reviled among Rangers circles.

I had already heard from a good source the same as Craig Houston confirmed yesterday although no figure was given just that he considered it substantial.

No idea why GovanX is so angry with us ffs.

I'm perfectly calm. It's the ITK pish that does my head in. I also know people close to them, people who drink with his old man. That doesn't mean I believe every bit of pish told to me. People have agendas. And as for the anger directed towards the boy. Souness signed the equivalent of the Lurgan Bigot in his day, and there's a spunk fest on here every time the anniversary of the signing comes around. Scott Allan never played for us, Petrie would never let him go. Would Rangers have set him up for life if he got a career ending leg break in training while holding off to sign for us? Exactly.
It was the same shite with Goodwillie. A love fest. Then when he didn't sign (or we didn't offer enough) fk him! He's a c----unt. Bullet dodged etc. it will be the same if Walker signs for an EPL club. Suddenly he'll be shite. It's the way it us on here.
Giving the kid pelters on the park as a wind-up is fair enough. But fk sake. "Calm yerself tae a frenzy".

It's quite simple
We didn't get him because Hibs wouldn't sell to us and he didn't want to gamble on waiting for us when a no doubt lucrative offer came in from Celtic. Taking any emotion out of it, at the time, he made the right move. Looking at it with hindsight it was a bad move but I still don't think we'd have got him in any case.

I think something was up with him on Saturday, noticed before kickoff he went into the dugout quickly, to be taken off after 38 mins is a bit strange as I thought he was having an ok impact on the match. Is he not diabetic or something similar?

Back