Scott Arfield

I had hoped that the summer would have seen us move on and improve from the likes of Arfield. Unfortunately he seems to be a guaranteed starter again this season - regardless of performance. That's worrying.

......and Davis rapping NI.

Not saying davis’ performances have been affected (yet), but sooner or later additional game time will take its toll!
Davis playing in a meaningless friendly in midweek was absolutely ridiculous - especially at his age. Nonsensical.

Legs have gone. Running through treacle - and a clumsy touch and control to match.

Please Mr Gerrard - do the right thing. Enough is enough.

Indeed. He's a protected species on here.
It has continually amazed how few times Arfield gets questioned about his poor performances. I think maybe people are now seeing the reality of his contribution.

Quite simply he needs dropped. It is not acceptable to have someone underperform as much has he has, yet be guaranteed starting place every week.

Yet another of Gerrard’s undroppables.

His position is the one I seriously hoped we would have upgraded during the summer I know we got Kent back which was a big bonus but another dynamic player of similar ability with end product should have been purchased imo just aswell we have Morelos and Defoe without them we would be fucked.

He's in serious danger of being overused and ran into the ground. He needs a long rest or find some sort of form, fast

I've never been the greatest fan of Scott Arfield. At his best, he can bring nous and energy to the side, but to do that he has to be at the top of his game and have bundles of energy. He's out of form and lacking energy at the moment and this highlights his lack of pace and questionable technique.

The beauty of having a big squad is the supposed ability to make changes and not seriously weaken the side.

Needs dropped. Front three just now should be Stewart, Morelos and Kent.

Appreciate Kent is just back, and we have had Barker, Jones and Murphy all injured/unfit enough to help out, but it is time for Arfield and Ojo to drop out.

Point in the 2nd half where he was yard in front, had space to run towards goal, he summed up by instantly stopping and looking to get rid of the ball and for the pass (which he always does), nobody near him to pass to, so he then tried to do the run and was caught within 2yards. He is useful squad player playing high in the midfield 3. Never a right midfielder or whatever position he was playing yesterday.
Personally think he is in the Candeias mould as a player you know will try and work hard for the Team, but ultimately is short of the real consistency quality required to improve the Team.

He was great last year but he looks lost this season. How many times does he try to break into the box only to run straight into the defender? He needs dropped and somebody else given a chance.

It was a terrible pass from Arfield, he should have played it in front of Morelos to go and smack it in
I'll need to watch it again but I thought Morelos took a touch that brought him inside ( he has it in his locker to get a shot off at a tight angle first time) by that time the defenders were back so he had to square it to Arfield. Who's touch meant he had to go looking for a pen.

He is genuinely depressing to watch in that off the striker position.

Zero dynamism or magic. Just seems to be running through treacle, eventually losing the ball or playing a wayward pass. You just don't fancy him to do anything.
Its not his position and it shows, as for his fitness he has played lots of football so far this season so shouldn’t be a problem

Quite simply, he does not have the legs, pace, touch, control, passing, shooting to warrant a place in this Rangers team. He adds nothing constructive.

And on this occasion I am going to say, I don't care what SG's opinion of him is. I can see Arfield's contribution and lack of quality for myself thank you very much.

Activity in the summer really should have meant that Arfield was purely a squad player this season.. Better starters should have been brought in to replace him. The fact that he continues to be a guaranteed starter, as we try for 55, is very concerning.

Been an empty jersey for a while.

The fact he’s travelling half way across the world to play pish internationals for Canada is a huge contributing factor.
Surprised he started, I think the game came too soon from that journey,thought Stewart might have started and I'd like to see him getting a run of games. One positive is it's great to see Kent back.

Back