Scott Wright

ICA_86

He’s got to be in line to start pretty much every game in this run in now.

He’s been very impressive in his cameos so far and, even though it’s only Cove, I felt he cemented that today with the bits I’ve been able to see.

I don’t think Gerrard has any justification to play Aribo ahead of him any more.

he looks a very confident player and very comfortable in our system,always looking to be available and on the move,certainly liking what i have seen so far

He’s been very impressive in his cameos so far and, even though it’s only Cove, I felt he cemented that today with the bits I’ve been able to see.

I don’t think Gerrard has any justification to play Aribo ahead of him any more.

I agree he should play but I think the season we've had is plenty justification for others playing in front of him.

Great to see him play so well in his first start. Looks like he will only improve as well. He's been a great addition to the squad.

I suppose the time to find out if he is good enough to figure regularly and indeed become a starter is from now until the end of the season.

If we don't it will be mismanagement.

My front three would be roofe morelos kent but he has been very impressive in his cameos, think aribo and hagi will be on bench more often if roofe hits form again. Think wright will be a great long term signing

Exciting player who will only get better with games under his belt. Put on alot on muscle in only a few months. I imagine he will start majority of remaining games.

Played very well and worked hard throughout.

Some brilliant link up play and movement.

Think he'll need to work a wee bit on his shooting.

Very impressive tonight and there’s clearly more to come from him. He’s going to be a big player for us for years to come.

I was impressed with him but agree with the gaffer in the this final ball / shooting has to improve.

No need to the Aribo comment though. Another excellent player we have in our squad. Happy to have both.

That's 3 productive players in the "wide" attacking positions, 4 if you include Roofe. He will compete well with Hagi and Kent for starts now.
Maybe there is quality in the SPL after all.

He looks to make things happen every time he gets the ball. He lays the ball off and he pushes forward, or looks to turn players. Great enthusiasm.

I want to see him starting the next few matches.

He is probably my favourite new signing since forever but there is no need to denigrate Aribo at his expense.

Yes, Aribo was poor against Celtic. But he's still, by all accounts one of the best players at the club. Still a player that was key in securing 55.

There is defo a place for both of them in the XI.

That point in the 2nd half when he looked up, realised he had space and instead of trying to beat the man he just knocked it well past him and burned him for pace

Terrific player

Don't get the love in. He's come on in every game apart from the T's when we were on top.

Decent but not the next Kent.

He looks a very good player and is contributing a lot even in the sub appearances before today. I'd really like to see him start more.

Looks a cracking player to be fair. Very direct, good control and great pace.

This place has fair turned on Aribo though, he was a future £40m Premier League star not that long ago!
In terms of ability alone, Aribo is that good. I would love to see it all click for him and see him fulfil the potential. He isn't a 21 year old anymore though, so there are naturally doubts about whether he will push on to the level he should.
He is frustrating more than anything else.

Don't get the love in. He's come on in every game apart from the T's when we were on top.

We essentially got Wright for free, whilst we paid £7m for Kent. They aren’t supposed to be entirely comparable, he’s not been signed as the next Kent.

Wright will be a good signing and a very useful member of the squad, really looking forward to seeing him develop more.

Been a fan of him for a while, and he’s been very good every game he’s played.

To me, he was a bog standard Aberdeen player. The other guy Hedges looked better IMO of what I saw.

Since his arrival he has looked very good, our coaching team deserve huge credit.

Will become a big player for us.
It goes to show how a important a good scouting team are. He didn't look a world beater at Aberdeen, but he must have had a specific skill set that we were looking for. It's hard to spot that when we only see him playing against us, or on TV.

I think he looks really good, I’ve been very impressed, can see him being a big, big player for us next season.

It goes to show how a important a good scouting team are. He didn't look a world beater at Aberdeen, but he must have had a specific skill set that we were looking for. It's hard to spot that when we only see him playing against us, or on TV.

I never watch Aberdeen unless it's against us.

Roofe, Hagi & Itten have a real fight on their hands for that right side of the 3. Wright has very pleasantly surprised me.

When Ryan Kent first started with us he wasn't a star. He is now, and that's because we have improved him physically, tactically, mentally, and technically. No reason to think that won't happen with Wright too. He has been great so far, we can't have any complaints at all.

That was a lower division team today, let’s not get our dicks out just yet. Great performance though and I reckon he’s Kent’s long term replacement if Kenty leaves.

I’d like to add though that Wright and Kent in the same team would be majestic.

Kent cost £7m and has disappeared in a fair few Rangers games. As someone else said, they’re not really supposed to be comparable either way.

Back