Scott Wright

But it’s a football forum where people give opinions, you seem to have shortcomings in understanding that.

I don’t think Steven Gerrard’s going to log on here and feel under pressure because I think Wright’s a better shout for that second number ten role than Aribo, it’s just my opinion and I’m clearly not the only one who thinks Wright deserves a wee run.

So you mean not to be taken seriously?

You're last post about Kamara would hint that you don't understand how this wee game we take so seriously actually works regarding coaching and management.

Don't get the love in. He's come on in every game apart from the T's when we were on top.

Decent but not the next Kent.
I would compare him more to a Jake Hastie type signing than Kent cost wise.

Outstanding today and been impressive in all his cameo appearances.
Early days but certainly looks like having a future.

Thought Wright did well but Gerrard’s assessment was spot on that picking that final pass & shooting needs work but he’ll get there.

I haven’t seen gerrards post match but sounds like he has said - well done Scott but, you need to up it still; basically setting a challenge to him

the lad looks good so far - but he’s Greg Stewart with pace until he steps up in the goals and assists chart regularly (I rate Greg but he’s just a touch behind our top players in his position)

I enjoyed watching Scott Wright this evening, he was clearly my MOTM.
I have actually been impressed by his cameo roles in previous games, and he looks perfect for our style of play, no surprise there mind you, given how intelligently Gerrard has shaped his squad.

However, can we appreciate and compliment a Rangers player without the snide remarks about any other Rangers players in the squad who will have sweated buckets for us through the season and produced some telling moments when we have really needed them against better opposition than Cove Rangers?

This is no longer a game for eleven players, it is a squad game, and we require real quality all over the park and on the bench as well.
This almost antiquated view that this is the best eleven and fck the others, went out with the football dinosaurs.
If we are to make the next step up, then as we found out against Slavia, we are going to have to be able to replace real quality with real quality when injuries come along.

As Sergeant Oddball famously said,...' enough with the negativity and the bad fckn vibes'!

I have actually been impressed by his cameo roles in previous games, and he looks perfect for our style of play, no surprise there mind you, given how intelligently Gerrard has shaped his squad.

However, can we appreciate and compliment a Rangers player without the snide remarks about any other Rangers players in the squad who will have sweated buckets for us through the season and produced some telling moments when we have really needed them against better opposition than Cove Rangers?

This is no longer a game for eleven players, it is a squad game, and we require real quality all over the park and on the bench as well.
This almost antiquated view that this is the best eleven and fck the others, went out with the football dinosaurs.
If we are to make the next step up, then as we found out against Slavia, we are going to have to be able to replace real quality with real quality when injuries come along.

As Sergeant Oddball famously said,...' enough with the negativity and the bad fckn vibes'.

Amen.

I was impressed with him but agree with the gaffer in the this final ball / shooting has to improve.

No need to the Aribo comment though. Another excellent player we have in our squad. Happy to have both.
If Joe Aribo wants to be a top player then he needs to find consistency in his game, one good game in three is not acceptable at Rangers or any other big club for that matter. Aribo can be utterly anonymous in games at times.

I'm holding off of demanding him to be inserted into the starting lineup and I'm definitely not going to belittle Aribo to try and justify it.

Wright has been brilliant in his cameos. He was brilliant, against Cove Rangers, in his first start. And it's exactly what we want to see

Starting to look like a great bit of business. Very curious to see what will come of him with a full pre-season under his belt.

A very talented young lad, who with more games and coaching will only improve. Could be a massive player for us over the next few years.

I like the way Gerrard seems to look at players in terms of improving and upgrading them, he clearly considers their ability and what he think they can become in a measured way a lot of coaches dont.

Its a question of whether the player has the brains and application to match that thinking, Wright seems to in a way that the likes of Jones did not.

I look forward to seeing him improve and potentially become a really important player for us.

Maybe the new Neil McCann.

He’s got to be in line to start pretty much every game in this run in now.

He’s been very impressive in his cameos so far and, even though it’s only Cove, I felt he cemented that today with the bits I’ve been able to see.

I don’t think Gerrard has any justification to play Aribo ahead of him any more.
Generally agree with your point but only sticking point is using games against the likes of cove as evidence. Still somewhat underwhelmed by aribo.

I haven’t seen gerrards post match but sounds like he has said - well done Scott but, you need to up it still; basically setting a challenge to him

the lad looks good so far - but he’s Greg Stewart with pace until he steps up in the goals and assists chart regularly (I rate Greg but he’s just a touch behind our top players in his position)
You think? I've always thought end product is the one thing Stewart does have. Bags a goal or assist almost every time he gets on the pitch and that is barely never. Just maybe not as game intelligent or have the physical ability for our team.

I'm holding off of demanding him to be inserted into the starting lineup and I'm definitely not going to belittle Aribo to try and justify it.

Wright has been brilliant in his cameos. He was brilliant, against Cove Rangers, in his first start. And it's exactly what we want to see
People seem incapable of giving praise to one player without slaughtering another.

He's been impressive so far but I'm not sure where he fits into our First 11 at the moment. Kent, Morelos and Roofe are our first choice front 3. Hagi and Wright are great options to have on the bench though or to give a run out to when we are rotating.

Alfie, Kent and Roofe are certain to start against The Filth if all are fit.

He looks like he will be another example of our back room staff spotting someone who is :

1. Reasonably priced
2. Talented
3. Able to fit into our system.

I hope he gets a good couple of games in the run in to the end of the season.

Aribo and Hagi vital this season in breaking a fair few deadlocks (Dundee Utd 4-1 and St Johnstone 1-0 two of the most recent). I'd prob still pick one of the two if I was expecting a low block.

Like the look of Wright mind you and would start him at home to tbe filth.

Played very well and worked hard throughout.

Some brilliant link up play and movement.

Think he'll need to work a wee bit on his shooting.
Agree with what you say 100% and the gaffer said that at the end of the game about him need to do a bit more in front of goal , still a great prospect.

Some of his cutting in reminded of our genius Davie Cooper.He will thrive under this management team.

He's similar to Kent when he first came up here lots of great dribbling ability but his numbers in terms of Assists and Goals aren't great as Gerrard highlighted in an interview I'm sure he'll put it all together like Kent did though

As Sergeant Oddball famously said,...' enough with the negativity and the bad fckn vibes'!
What’s so good to see is the squad depth. For a game against low league opposition we had a bench full of internationals. And that was with Jack and Tav not there. Really excited to see what the close season brings in terms of ins and outs but the future looks promising on and off the field.

First caught my eye when playing up top with Hedges.Great link up.
last night was surprised how strong he was.A couple of defenders
bounced off him.Agree with opps though.
Roofe Buff and Kent v Scum

With regard to end product issues it can surely only apply to goals. Last night he set up one goal and at least another 2 should have been converted from his low driven crosses. I would also add he hardly missed a hat full of chances last night to merit too much criticism.

It’s nice if we have the option to rest Kent every now and then. He‘s had a great season, and is superfit, but i think he could have done with a break every now and then. It’s sometimes a mental rest you need as much as a physical one.

Just watching the highlights back and he runs like Brian Laudrup. Nowhere near his level as he is my best ever player but just the way he runs and the wee flicks and tricks.

Physique/stature/movement all remind me of the GOD that we had in Laudrop,here's hoping.
ekgXTGU.gif

Seems to recognise that this is his chance at a big club and appears to be determined to take his game to next level. Could also be a reflection on the standards demanded. Early days but looks good.

Was highly skeptical of the signing but %^*& me the lad is a talented player and he will only get better under our management team.

Wright must have been wasted at Aberdeen especially with there horrendous style of play.

He's looking great so far - he's slotted in quickly & has a healthy work rate - seems to understand our style of play & our players & looks to be a long time prospect

I won't be getting carried away just yet though
He's providing competition for places even if he isn't always 1st pick
He's got age & time on his side to improve even more - just as SG said about adding finishing to his repertiore

It'll be no hardship to be patient on his development imo

But it’s a football forum where people give opinions, you seem to have shortcomings in understanding that.

I don’t think Steven Gerrard’s going to log on here and feel under pressure because I think Wright’s a better shout for that second number ten role than Aribo, it’s just my opinion and I’m clearly not the only one who thinks Wright deserves a wee run.
Better shout than Hagi?

What impressed me was how he was constantly looking for the ball all over the pitch. Compare that to the likes of Barker/Jones who drop out of the game for large periods.

It’s too early for calls to displace Aribo/Hagi in starting XI but I think he’ll play an important role next season. We’ve managed to build up the number 10 position without spending any money so huge credit to the recruitment team and the boy for taking his chance.

I think given time SW will become a better more effective player than kent, to me he's already shown he's a smarter player already, plus he's more skilful and has a great first touch, which can make a world of difference in a game, the way he can go past players from a standing start is a rare skill, yes it was only cove, but talent is talent, what goes against him when we judge his potential and levels he can achive, is 1- he's scottish and 2- he cost peanuts, so surely he can't be or have the potential to be better than anyone who cost millions, to me that's clouded judgement, which seems quite popular on here

He was very good last night.

Only criticism I have is I want him to be a bit more greedy in the box he’s always looking for a pass v a quick shift and shot.

He’s showing he’s a team player but I’d like to see him be a little more selfish in the box.

Back