MOTM Poll Scottish Cup Final - Rangers v Hearts - Saturday 3pm Premier Sports and BBC 1

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have to admit that, after Wednesday, I was bricking it the longer it went on and especially into extra time.

But the team were terrific and two quick (and brilliant goals) sorted me out !

HOORAY ! :)):)):))

I have to admit that, after Wednesday, I was bricking it the longer it went on and especially into extra time.

But the team were terrific and two quick (and brilliant goals) sorted me out !

HOORAY ! :)):)):))
Have to admit before the match I was non-plussed about the afternoon. After 30 mins I was back, those guys after 120 in the heat played an absolute blinder - 20 mins then totally clamped the game and to continue into ET and dominate 100% at that.

Two cracking goals to boot and it really could have been more if we were interested.

After Weds efforts Bassey's shift was out of this world - what a 240 mins that guy put in.

I hope this kickstarts another period of dominance similar to 2008/2009.

I was thinking about SAF funnily enough & that FA Cup Final win United got. And the rest was history.

Was thinking about Gio today along those lines.

As well as being brilliant tactically in Europe, we’re already seeing major improvement in a number of players, Bassey, Lundstram and, yes, Scott Friggin Wright, who was immense.

Last edited:
For me Bassey is an absolute colossus!

He’s a beast, and he’s an exceptionally good footballer. I don’t think I’m being unrealistic or naive when I say he’s better than most LB’s in the PL currently.

If I was in the hierarchy at Rangers I’d be offering him an extension before the close season and making sure he signed it! If not, it’s £22m this summer minimum!

HOWEVER, for his minutes on the pitch today, MOTM and huge kudos must go to Scott Wright!

Proud of the club today, on our arses after the most games played of any top European Club and over the piece they did us proud!

Have to admit before the match I was non-plussed about the afternoon. After 30 mins I was back, those guys after 120 in the heat played an absolute blinder - 20 mins then totally clamped the game and to continue into ET and dominate 100% at that.

Two cracking goals to boot and it really could have been more if we were interested.

After Weds efforts Bassey's shift was out of this world - what a 240 mins that guy put in.

HaHa - I don't ever like to mention him on the basis I would rather he was kept under the radar.

Sadly no chance of that, CB's performances and work rate are just unbelievable - What a signing he has proved to be !

A fitting end to an unbelievable season.
Couple of sore faces for Gio when he took over had many, including me, questioning his appointment.
There's special times ahead for us Bears, I'm absolutely convinced of it.
Can you imagine what we'll be like with a fit squad, including strikers?
And proper defenders

We are going to move up a level if gio gets backing , get rid of players not good enough , players hogging the bench and he turns this squad around

I don’t know how many times I’ve felt like giving up on him but can’t. In the right team, playing attacking football, he could be a gem. Hopefully next season is his year.

He’s made massive strides under GVB & Big Ron mate.

What I loved the most about him today was he had that Rangers mindset - I’m better than you & im going to prove it - delighted for him. He now feels as if he belongs.

Reactions: SDR
He’s made massive strides under GVB & Big Ron mate.

What I loved the most about him today was he had that Rangers mindset - I’m better than you & im going to prove it - delighted for him. He now feels as if he belongs.
Agreed. As have several others. Lundstram has gone from "I'll drive him back down South myself" to "the best on Earth". Bassey was improving all season, but since Gio came in, he's been astonishing. It's not just his athleticism - he also seems to have gained enough confidence to play some really nice football. I'd argue that GvB also has transformed (or, at least, restored) Alfie, so he's terrorizing defenses.

Agreed. As have several others. Lundstram has gone from "I'll drive him back down South myself" to "the best on Earth". Bassey was improving all season, but since Gio came in, he's been astonishing. It's not just his athleticism - he also seems to have gained enough confidence to play some really nice football. I'd argue that GvB also has transformed (or, at least, restored) Alfie, so he's terrorizing defenses.

Agree on every one of them SDR.

I really think this Dave Vos guy’s history in developing players at Ajax has been a real benefit behind the scenes.

Congratulations to the team today. It must have been very difficult for them to rise to the occasion after the Europa League defeat but they did it. Their fitness, commitment and togetherness are immense. Bassey was my MOM today, a true giant of a player. It would have been appalling if we had ended the season empty handed.

Couple of sore faces for Gio when he took over had many, including me, questioning his appointment.
I only hope he is backed by the board.

Back the man

Not to mention VAR.

Robbed of a penalty today.
And how many points were gifted to Septic last season by their 'friendly' officials?

Well done Rangers, magnificent in extra time and for large parts of 2nd half.

To lift themselves just days after a devestating loss answer's any questions I've had about this group of players character.

Also would like to thank whichever admin banned me on cup final day without as much as a reason.

Watching it back this morning you have to laugh at the way some people desperately try to balance the state of play in a game that is so one sided.

Hearts were never in the game and never showed any interest in being so.

Rangers started somewhat slowly but however long it took they killed the game with 2 sensational goals and rubbished any notion of a competitive match.

Dominant. Deadly. Deserving.

Back