Scottish Cup Semi Final emails/issues with ticketing website again

I always log in at night, so I don’t have to deal with the queues and busy website, and get a North stand ticket with no issues.

I’m going to wait and try later. Hopefully more will become available once the chancers who don’t qualify for a ticket empty their basket.
I tried to login just after 12 and tried to get 2 South Stand tickets but site kept playing up and getting a blank screen, got fed up trying and went on again at the back of 3 and got North Stand so happy enough with these. Bonus was that friends and family worked this time allowing me to buy 2, one for me and one for the granddaughter.

My son can't make it.
So I was gonna upgrade his ticket to take my mate. Anyone know how I can do this on our wonderful ticketing system?

I've done it before in the South Stand as juvenile tickets weren't on sale there but don't seem to be able to buy anything other than adult and a juvenile with my entitlement.

Possible ?

Last edited:
My son can't make it.
So I was gonna upgrade his ticket to take my mate. Anyone know how I can do this on our wonderful ticketing system?

I've done it before in the South Stand as juvenile tickets weren't on sale there but don't seem to be able to buy anything other than adult and a juvenile with my entitlement.

Possible ?
Can't upgrade kids tickets for Hampden anymore under Mygers

I logged in at Noon and got in after a 15 minute wait. Treated myself to the North stand and checked out - back to basket and checked out and back to basket - did it three times and fully expected my credit card to be maxed out. Gave up but got the 'Have you left something in your basket?' email. I responded to that on my phone and got it sorted straight away. Frustrating experience.
Also had 3 failed payments before it worked.(nearly 3 hours)
Received a payment email after about an hour for our two tickets.
Six hours later another email saying I had left something in my basket for £152.
Not a great day for the ticket system

Really. I done it for the League Cup Final by mistake. Was trying to purchase South Stand Upper but somehow ended up with 2 adult tickets for me and the boy in the North Stand.
The South and North stands for the cup final only had adult pricing, so it wouldn't have mattered, this game does have concession pricing for both stands.

Really. I done it for the League Cup Final by mistake. Was trying to purchase South Stand Upper but somehow ended up with 2 adult tickets for me and the boy in the North Stand.
All tickets in the North Stand were full price for the final. Only the west stand had reduced prices

Also had 3 failed payments before it worked.(nearly 3 hours)
Received a payment email after about an hour for our two tickets.
Six hours later another email saying I had left something in my basket for £152.
Not a great day for the ticket system

Had a similar experience whilst doing it at work with constant interruptions, but eventually got one for North Stand so panic over.

Got to agree that the website generally makes it harder than it should be, and goes haywire when faced with sudden huge demand.

13 failed payment attempts at 11 pm tonight- removed tickets from basket and started again- no joy - cleared basket and logged in under another F & F member in my group- same thing failed payment attempts - cleared basket and logged out - another wasted 25 minutes

Only West Stand tickets were showing as available

All tickets in the North Stand were full price for the final. Only the west stand had reduced prices
Correct, but the north stand tickets bought by concession holders who paid full price got their tickets that had the full price stub ripped off and had concession printed on the ticket, even though they were charged full price - another anomaly that occurs with the ticketing process

The current setup just can't cope when there's thousands and thousands of people hitting it at the same time. There's clearly been a total lack of investment in it over the years. Hopefully that'll change when this supposed move to a new provider happens. For the time being, we're stuck with this shit show. They're driving all supporters to go online and purchase themselves, whilst at the same time providing an antiquated and poorly designed web experience.

There's so many simple basic things that could be done though to dramatically improve things when it is busy. Like stopping people not eligible from hoarding tickets in their basket. Blocking legitimate purchasers.

No problems getting them apart from the usual shite and this was at tea time last night.

Logged in and bought my tickets this morning without any issues at all.
Absolutely, it was never going to be a problem if you did it this morning, as long as you don’t mind being half a mile away behind the goals.

It’s exactly why you get the scrum yesterday, people want the North or South stands as it’s far better views

Don’t know how but went in at 12, initial 5 min wait then straight through ordered SSU ticket had to then login but it went through ordered right away & confirmation email within a minute.

Almost fell off my chair

Correct, but the north stand tickets bought by concession holders who paid full price got their tickets that had the full price stub ripped off and had concession printed on the ticket, even though they were charged full price - another anomaly that occurs with the ticketing process
Our concession ticket in the south stand upper was complete and no different to the normal ticket in the same envelope.

Match day VIP Hospitality

We are pleased to offer Seasonal Hospitality clients priority access on the following VIP packages for the Old Firm Scottish Cup Semi-Final, ahead of general sale commencing on Monday 3rd April.

Please note, results of the corporate ticketing ballot for this fixture will be communicated to clients who have applied for tickets on Friday 31st March.

Should you wish to book any of these packages, please follow the below link.

Kind regards
VIP Hospitality Team

Cheapest offering in C72 from £240 + VAT.

My son can't make it.

Possible ?
The only way I've managed to do this is when pick a stand that only does adult prices. Think snookered for this as every stand has a Juvenile option.

I always log in at night, so I don’t have to deal with the queues and busy website, and get a North stand ticket with no issues.

I’m going to wait and try later. Hopefully more will become available once the chancers who don’t qualify for a ticket empty their basket.
So howcome they are available for you at night always and no one else? Calling bs here.

So howcome they are available for you at night always and no one else? Calling bs here.
For all past games I’ve always waited until about 7-8pm and managed to get a North stand ticket no problem. I tried do the same last night and they were not available.

I’ve just tried again and they’re still not available and obviously sold out.

For all past games I’ve always waited until about 7-8pm and managed to get a North stand ticket no problem. I tried do the same last night and they were not available.

Well luck you mate I tried and tried on and off all day/ night for the final and they never appeared available. I'd say your case is very much the exception.

I just wait til night time and get a west stand ticket rather than sit in queues.

When I went on last night it was only West Stand left. Way I see it is that Hampden is a lottery view wise anyway so no point worrying about it as long as I'm there.

For the Hearts game last year I wasn't able to buy straight away and ended up with West stand and then in the following days the other sections became available again.

i ended up getting on last night after work and it didnt just have wheelchair tickets - so now have a ticket for West Stand - just hoping the threshold comes down a couple of points so stepson can get one as well.

Even with the current ticketing system it should be fairly easy to:

1. Require log in before attempting purchase, sale only visible to qualifying fans.

2. Stagger sales within each category. eg Gold 10am 28th to 10am 29th, Silver 1700+ 10am 29th to 10am 30th, Silver 1600+ …and so on.

And make the stadium plan visible so you can choose seats.

Last edited:

1. Require log before attempting purchase, sale only visible to qualifying fans.

2. Stagger sales within each category. eg Gold 10am 28th to 10am 29th, Silver 1700+ 10am 29th to 10am 30th, Silver 1600+ …and so on.
You would get people on lower points saying it’s unfair as they would be more likely to be given west

There was no kids tickets in the South stand for the final - paid full price for my boy rather than chance the West stand. Ended up in the front row of the South stand upper.

Don’t know how but went in at 12, initial 5 min wait then straight through ordered SSU ticket had to then login but it went through ordered right away & confirmation email within a minute.

Almost fell off my chair
You were lucky mate, I tried at 12 and when I went to update my basket an empty screen appeared, tried a few more times then gave up and went back after 3 abd got 2 for the North Stand, so worked out ok. Really wanted South stand but North is a reasonable alternative.

For the Hearts game last year I wasn't able to buy straight away and ended up with West stand and then in the following days the other sections became available again.
That’s why I’m holding off. I don’t like the west stand and prefer the North stand. I’ll give it until later on tonight and just buy whatever is available.

Is there any likelihood of any more South Stand becoming available before the deadline, had them in my basket during yesterday's 12 o'clock fiasco then got kicked out whilst trying to pay for them and never got them.
Only West available and I hate behind the goals at that dump.

Is there any likelihood of any more South Stand becoming available before the deadline, had them in my basket during yesterday's 12 o'clock fiasco then got kicked out whilst trying to pay for them and never got them.
Only West available and I hate behind the goals at that dump.

Had the same issue

1. Require log before attempting purchase, sale only visible to qualifying fans.

And make the stadium plan visible so you can choose seats.
How do you work friends and family with different points totals then if they can't get the same stand?

If high points go for the south stand which is the best seats they sell out and others including possibly young kids end up in a different stand.

Don't think mine did.I bought 2 adult tickets,one for my juvenile son, and both were the same.

How do you work friends and family with different points totals then if they can't get the same stand?

If high points go for the south stand which is the best seats they sell out and others including possibly young kids end up in a different stand.
Would be so easy for the club to email people and ask for their preference, be that a google form or a page on the website. Select 1st/2nd/3rd choice. Those at the top get their first preference and work down

That’s if you wanted to base it off points. If not, get people to register preference and then it’s just your luck what you get

I logged in at Noon and got in after a 15 minute wait. Treated myself to the North stand and checked out - back to basket and checked out and back to basket - did it three times and fully expected my credit card to be maxed out. Gave up but got the 'Have you left something in your basket?' email. I responded to that on my phone and got it sorted straight away. Frustrating experience.

IT = Idiot Technology.

Stand by for "its good when it works".

Back